How much did your holiday cost?

14 Nights

2 Adults, 1 Child

Virgin Flights Inc Car - £1600
Watersong Villa - £1800 (others joining us)
Park Tickets (Disney and Universal/Seaworld/Busch) - £1078
Spending Money - Unsure Yet (£1500??)

Just checked the flights with Contental for the same dates we went two years ago and they have more than doubled

22nd April - 7th May 2009 - £705 for the two of us (EDI to MCO via EWR)

Similar dates this year - £1560

How can they justify such a jump in just 2 years - I thought the merger with United was supposed to reduce costs...not increase them.

Sorry ...rant over now - I'm away for a wee lie down in a darkened room !

we are paying

£2950

thats 2 adults and 2 infants
14 nights SSR 1 bed Villa
14 day tickets
free dining

Car to be added and spending money

Not a bad price and £300 of that is just for infants to sit on our laps!

Just checked the flights with Contental for the same dates we went two years ago and they have more than doubled

22nd April - 7th May 2009 - £705 for the two of us (EDI to MCO via EWR)

Similar dates this year - £1560

How can they justify such a jump in just 2 years - I thought the merger with United was supposed to reduce costs...not increase them.

Sorry ...rant over now - I'm away for a wee lie down in a darkened room !

Usually(not always) nearer you get the more expensive they get with scheduled flights, I am sure there will have been better prices but so close you will pay way over the odds.
On the other hand Charter flights usually get cheaper if available, nothing for those dates from EDI but going 25th Apr from Manchester for 15 nights Thompson direct to Sanford £352pp incl luggage & meal.

Never really like to admit to myself how much we actual spend each year on holidays, last year DH roughly work out we'd spent around £15k on our 2 month long hols to Thailand and 2 weeks in Orlando. (that's just for 2 of us) :scared1:

May 2011

Taking the inlaws and my sister

Price is based on just the 2 of us.

24 nights -

Flights - virgin economy £890
Time share 2 weeks £240
Peabody 3 nights £160
Sarasota 3 nights £185
Down town Orlando 1nt £70
Wilderness Lodge 5 nights - DVC
Annual Passes (DVC) £570
Universal tix £170
Space Kennedy cen £50
Minivan (our share) £240

= £2575

train tickets £106
Sofitel £80
Spending money £2000

= £4761

(I think this is a pretty good price)

Sept/Oct 5th Anniversary trip - (the big one LOL)

26 nights -

Virgin Flights £435
Internal flights £265
BLT 4 nights DVC
Grand Floridain 7 nts £1600 (hopfully with an annual pass rate)
Discovery Cove £299
Fort Lauderdale 1nt £65
Princess cruise 10nts £1990
Car hire £161
New york 5nts £750

= £5565

No tix as we have annual passes

Spending money £2500
Car parking £110

= £8175 :scared1::scared1:

here goes

virgin flights for 4 adults 2564

AKL/tickets/free dinning 14 nights 3100

1 night nearest universal free reward points

1 night 2 days universal hard rock hotel Free after terrible stay last year

car hire 16 night £300

spending money £ 1000

total £6945 :scared1:

That was a total of 5 weeks remember. I'm very lucky there's no doubt about it, self employed and doing pretty well especially given the climate.

This year is 4 weeks just the four of us for most of August.

Flights: £4100 Virgin PE M+M 2 adults 2 children
Villa in Rolling Hills: £1400 (wow is all I can say at this price)
Car (not yet booked): £900
Park tickets: ~£2000
Cruise: £1300

Spends no idea but 4 weeks for £9900. As I've said before and I'll happily say again, I'd rather work until I'm 75 and not miss a second of my girls growing up. We have such a good time over there that not a day passes without some thought of Florida crossing my mind.

I don't follow football (an expensive hobby), I don't go out to the pub or play golf, we have no other holidays and rarely have weekends away etc. Don't smoke, like wine but thank God for supermarket price wars.

All in all well worth the cost but pretty disgusted at flight prices this year. Manchester really needs some competition soon or the airport will just fade away, high fees and limited routes will really damage the North West.

22 weeks and 2 days not that I'm counting lol

If you can afford it then go for it! I cannot blame you one bit. I take the point too that it was a long trip.

I am so looking forward to our first trip to the World and hope that it wont be the last. I work in the public sector so just keeping a job at the moment is difficult. I am under redundancy threat so this holiday will be very welcome. Hopefully by then my future will be sorted too.

If you can afford it then go for it! I cannot blame you one bit. I take the point too that it was a long trip.

I am so looking forward to our first trip to the World and hope that it wont be the last. I work in the public sector so just keeping a job at the moment is difficult. I am under redundancy threat so this holiday will be very welcome. Hopefully by then my future will be sorted too.

I am in the same boat, have to wait a while to find out the lay of
the land. The Hutton report did'nt do us any favours either.

15 nights at the Yacht Club Hotel, upper class flights out and back.
Disney passes, sea world passes, dolphin swimming day, convertible car for duration.
This was for 2 adults and 1 child

£9450.00 plus spending money £6000.00

Saving up to do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pirate:

I'm completely with London75 on this one.

We live every year as its the last, have endured to much heartache through friends and families losses to save money in the bank doing nothing, especially at the current interest rates :sad2:

Our costs are as follows:

6 x VA PE MAN-MCo flights £4600.00 plus miles
21 nights @ SSR plus free dining £5460.00
Car Hire £598.00
Ultimate Tickets: £1536.00
Flexi Ticket: £1050.00
Cirque & Blue Man Tickets £960.00
General Spends £5500.00 (but always bring some home)

Dare'nt add it up :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter