3 nights in Chicago for my birthday last month

Upcoming:

12 nights in Key West, leaving Friday

9 nights at Universal, early December

4 nights in Chicago for Christmas
------
46 total

Pretty much an average year.

Hardly any travel at all apart from my (2) 5 day trips to WDW a year which will most likely be cut back now that my husband was laid off from work.
We thankfully are DVC Members so we have someplace to stay - it's the food and tickets that would make me have to reduce trips.
I did squeak in an extra 4 day trip with my son to WDW but I know in 2018 that won't be happening since my son is going to take a summer class at college this year and continue to look for part time work near his college.

Then I had a week in Anaheim for D23 this year. Plus one night near the college my daughter toured this summer so that doesn't really count as vacation travel.
My DD who is now 18 doesn't like to travel and my husbands travel has been revolving around his internet business which is what will be keeping us afloat from now on.

I'm still hoping to figure out a time to go visit my sister and family when she is in Arizona even if it's just a couple of days since I've never been to Arizona.
I'm also desperately missing the beach. I've been feeling the urge to go shelling. It's been 3 years since I've been able to go to any beach and I really want to go. I may have to settle for taking a day from my Feb/March 2018 Disney trip which is only 5 days as it is and drive to Clearwater for a day. I'm just not sure.

Plus maybe next year we will go to MN to see the rest of the family. Or maybe not. Everything is up in the air right now.

In 2016, I left the company I was working at to work for myself, with the main goal of traveling more.

April 2016 - Week in Bora Bora
June 2016 - Three weeks in Scotland and London
September 2016 - Three weeks in Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Austria
October 2016 - Two weeks in Japan
December 2016 - One week in Mexico City and Cancun
January/February 2017 - 4 weeks in Tanzania for safari and Dubai/Abu Dhabi
March 2017 - 4 weeks in Colombia
June 2017 - 4 week road trip out west

I've got a few more coming up this year.

We go to WDW twice each year, ten nights each trip. I take my daughter to NYC or DC for long weekends at least half a dozen times per year. And then once a year we have another 10-14 night trip somewhere. This past spring, we went to Norway.

That's another one of my concerns. My husband seems to think that this is ramping up to a lot more travel when he retires.
It sounds like you two are on really different pages about the travel. It doesn't really matter how much you travel compared to other people, but it DOES matter that both of your desires and comfort levels are being taken into consideration---which might well mean compromise on both sides. I hope you can sit down and discuss it calmly with him and work something out that you are both on board with.

In 2016, I left the company I was working at to work for myself, with the main goal of traveling more.

April 2016 - Week in Bora Bora
June 2016 - Three weeks in Scotland and London
September 2016 - Three weeks in Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Austria
October 2016 - Two weeks in Japan
December 2016 - One week in Mexico City and Cancun
January/February 2017 - 4 weeks in Tanzania for safari and Dubai/Abu Dhabi
March 2017 - 4 weeks in Colombia
June 2017 - 4 week road trip out west

I've got a few more coming up this year.
:scared1: Wow!
That's more than I will see in my lifetime! Congrats

I love vacations, so I'll get away whenever I can, usually just for a few days at a time, squeezed into a long weekend.

Since December...

7-night Caribbean Cruise (NCL Epic)
3 nights at Disney World
5 nights in Texas (Dallas, Austin, Houston)
3 nights in Atlanta
3 nights in Las Vegas
3 nights in Indio (Coachellaaaaa)
5-night Disney Dream Cruise
2 nights in Las Vegas
1 week in Atlanta
3 nights in Destin, Florida

And upcoming in October!
4 nights at Disney World
4 nights in San Francisco

Nowhere near as much as we used to when we worked for the State Dept. Every time one of us had a TDY (temporary duty for you civilians), the other would go, too, and we'd tack on 2-3 days vacation before or after the work assignment. I have an expired passport with 99 entry/exit stamps.

Queen Colleen

Apparently not very much compared to others here....
In 2017 we did two beach trips for a couple nights, a week in DC, a few days in San Jose (DH had a conference), and several overnighters to the LA area to see friends or to visit amusment parks. The only other thing we have planned before the end of the year is a Hollywood overnighter to see Hamilton.

To me that does seem like A LOT of travel for less than one year's time.
I'm also a homebody so I would not want to travel that often.

Since December for me...
2 WDW trips
1 DL/Socal trip
If we go back a bit farther I went to Oahu July 2016 and WDW September 2016.

We go on day trips to the beach during the summer (2 hours away).

I'll find out in 10 days if I won a trip to one of three places... other than that the only travel I actually have in place for the future is WDW December 2018.

In a "busy travel" year:

1) 10-14 day family trip
1-2) 1-2 night family outings
2-3) 1-2 night adult-only getaways

In a "slow travel" year like this one,

2 nights away from home, guys' weekend with BIL & one nephew.

Nowhere near as much as we used to when we worked for the State Dept. Every time one of us had a TDY (temporary duty for you civilians), the other would go, too, and we'd tack on 2-3 days vacation before or after the work assignment. I have an expired passport with 99 entry/exit stamps.

Queen Colleen

Now that's a well used passport!

Usually WDW 2x/year for a week or so each time. A nice yearly long weekend to Ogunquit in the spring before it gets crazy. Maybe sneak in another long weekend or overnight if we can.

My elderly dad lives with us and travel is too much for him so my ability to travel depends on my brother’s work schedule and ability to stay with dad, so I’m s bit curtailed right now.

I do love to travel though.

Not nearly as much as everyone here.
Typically, one trip every 1-3 years.

3 days Destin/Navara 2002
5 days Destin/Navara 2003
10 Days 2005 WDW
5 days 2007 Mammoth Cave
7 days 2008 Universal
14 days 2010 WDW
7 days 2012 WDW/Universal
7 days June 2016 Gatlinburg

I took three long weekends in there with my sisters. And we've done a few weekend camping trips locally.

I don't think I could travel as much as some posters. Like the OP, I would feel like I was always involved in trip planning, packing and unpacking.
Shoot, I barely feel like we manage our life at home between a high school senior in sports, daughter in college, taking online courses myself, DH working overtime all the time, working full time and PRN myself, shopping/cooking/housekeeping, yard work, home repairs, doctor appts for the family, and wanting to spend time with extended family on occasion. Even weekend trips would be problematic. The weekends are when the VAST majority of that happens.

Wow, some of you guys are making me feel seriously inadequate. We consider ourselves a 'traveling' family, but we really don't have the available vacation days to travel as much as some of you. This was, in particular, a very boring travel year:

1 week FL (not WDW)
Weekend in Columbus, OH
Weekend in Chicago
1 week Traverse City
Weekend 'up north'

Next year is going to be Disney, Disney, Disney (?), Disney (??), and Kentucky. What can I say? I invested in an AP for once.

Tentative 2019 plans include 3 weeks in the British Isles.

It seems I've been traveling quite a bit of late, which is good for me! Sounds like I'll be back on the road today heading to Florida. We're going to try and beat the hurricane coming into Georgia this weekend.

Me - not since our 6 week USA trip Nov-Jan.

Kids have spent a couple of weeks in QLD and twins a week in ACT.

Was thinking of hopping over to Thailand for 7-10 days over summer but still undecided at this point.

Travel is really a personal preference, so if that amount of travel is outside your comfort zone, I'd suggest telling your DH you don't want to travel so much.

We travel about 4-5 weeks per year. This year we've one long three week vacation, a week long vacation, and a bunch of short trips, and still have Ireland and Toronto to go before the end of the year. For reference, I have 3 kids (grades 3, 5, and 6), so much of our traveling is done during school breaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter