How much do you use Uber/Lyft at WDW?

Also, one night we were in Epcot until closing. I was wiped out and we were back in the Japan pavilion after watching Harmonious. Instead of traipsing all the way back to the front then standing in line for a bus, we walked over to the Boardwalk and grabbed a ride share from there. That one was a bit pricey though, so I'm guessing it's a pretty popular option. As a plus, it was Christmas season so we got to enjoy the gingerbread carousel.

It was probably due to surge pricing since it was park closing. I hate getting an Uber at a busy time because of that reason!

As for the OP- we get one if we are at our resort and have an ADR at another resort. Last trip that was only once. Every other ADR was in a park or we were leaving the park and going to the resort for the ADR.

We will also use them 1-2 times a trip if we really want to make early RD and are running a bit late.

Next trip we will use them for arrival and departure at MCO. Last trip we used a private car service and they were late doing both ways. I would rather do Uber for the pricing and wait.

It's a great service, no doubt. Hard to swallow the extra cost for us usually, but we'll use it occasionally. We plan to use it during our trip next month at least once, because it will be DGD's first trip and she will get a kick out of it.
She will enjoy the Mickey shorts that they play in the "TV Van" as DS refers to it

Staying at OKW and having a rental car we drove to the different resorts for meals but still used the Minnie Vans as it was more convenient to get to MK and Disney Springs (took boat back though).

The good news is since they are also run by Lyft I at least get 10x points with the Chase Reserve card.

I forgot that Minnie Van can accommodate the ECV! Good to know for times when I am with my guests who use one!
They actually can accommodate 2 ECV's! DW and I use them all the time when we are not on the monorail loop since sometimes it can be unfortunate to displace so many people on the bus.

They actually can accommodate 2 ECV's! DW and I use them all the time when we are not on the monorail loop since sometimes it can be unfortunate to displace so many people on the bus.
Can I ask if you remember how many people total will fit in the accessible Minnie van if you have 2 on ECVs? I’m reading conflicting info. Thanks!

Can I ask if you remember how many people total will fit in the accessible Minnie van if you have 2 on ECVs? I’m reading conflicting info. Thanks!
Accessible Minnie Vans include the following:

• Seating for 5 people
  • One complimentary car seat (which can be used by one of the 5 passengers)
  • 2 spaces for mobility devices (Guests may remain in their mobility devices for the duration of the ride)

Accessible Minnie Vans include the following:

• Seating for 5 people
  • One complimentary car seat (which can be used by one of the 5 passengers)
  • 2 spaces for mobility devices (Guests may remain in their mobility devices for the duration of the ride)
Thank you. This is where I’m having trouble, does that mean it will fit 7 total? 5 seated and 2 in ECVs? (Sorry for being dense! Lol)

We only uber to/from airport and if we have an ADR at another resort. I guess we might try to take one if rope drop were really important to us but it’s not. I would never, ever take a car…walking through hot parking lots seems like torture. We are from NY so taking a bus just isn’t a bad thing for us. More time to focus on plans rather than directions.

We only uber to/from airport and if we have an ADR at another resort. I guess we might try to take one if rope drop were really important to us but it’s not. I would never, ever take a car…walking through hot parking lots seems like torture. We are from NY so taking a bus just isn’t a bad thing for us. More time to focus on plans rather than directions.

We don’t mind the buses either. I’m from NJ so waiting 10-20 minutes for a bus or train is not a big deal to me. We also use travel time as “rest” time.

We drove for our first trip 20 years ago and the trams, walk and hot car were a pain. Especially with kids in car seats. They would get so hot! I rather use Disney transport.

Last edited:
We are similar here.Now that there is no magical express we use it for airport transport. But we will use the buses to and from the parks.

But we will definitely use it for resort to resort transportation for a dinner. Like you said the cost is negligible in the grand scheme of things. But we are still 85%+ Disney busses. Just nice to have the option when we are headed to a nice dinner

Thank you. This is where I’m having trouble, does that mean it will fit 7 total? 5 seated and 2 in ECVs? (Sorry for being dense! Lol)
I think 5..... there is one row of seats which can fit 3 + 2 in the ECV's. They generally do not have anyone ride in the front. We usually get out of the ECV and into the seats and the CM loads the ECV into the back.

But DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THAT COUNT.

I will be there in a few days and can give you an exact answer if you want. I am sure we will use it at least several times. For one thing, we have Hoop Dee Doo on Saturday and that's the best way there with ECV's.

I think 5..... there is one row of seats which can fit 3 + 2 in the ECV's. They generally do not have anyone ride in the front. We usually get out of the ECV and into the seats and the CM loads the ECV into the back.

But DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THAT COUNT.

I will be there in a few days and can give you an exact answer if you want. I am sure we will use it at least several times. For one thing, we have Hoop Dee Doo on Saturday and that's the best way there with ECV's.
Thank you. That would be most appreciated. If you can find out total riders w/2 ECVs and total riders w/1 ECV. (Not sure if we will have 1or 2).
Thank you once again.

To/from MCO? Car service.

At WDW? We don't use the buses anymore. We take a Lyft most of the time. We take a Minnie Van depending on where we are going to/coming from. For example, going to MK? Minnie Van (unless we stay at a monorail/boat resort). Going to AK? Lyft - they drop off right at the entrance. Minnie Van used to drop at the bus stop area, but I'm not sure if they still do that. Lyft/Minnie Van saves so much time compared to the buses.

When we stayed on-site without a car, we used it far more often than I expected haha. Waiting for the bus sometimes just sucked (especially at the Hilton Bonnet Creek), especially when we wanted to just rest for an hour or two. A lot if just got ate up waiting for buses on each end. Now we bring a car because I get a killer rate through work, we have a baby now, and parking on-site is free. So win win win.

We use Uber/Lyft to and from the airport and for an occasional ADR. We stay at Boardwalk and most of our dinners reservations are walking distance.

So far, at Disney I've only used a ride share once, unless you count the Mears/Sunshine buses from the airport tot he resort.

Afew years ago we had a character breakfast at the Grand Floridian and used a Minnie Van from OKW to get there. Then we hopped the monorail to MK after breakfast.

We do rarely as we are good with Disney transportation or their have been the occasional times we drive and have a car. The few exceptions were are when we had a pre rope drop Crystal Palace reservation and wanted to make sure we made it for empty park pictures and another when a relative was at another hotel (Disney) and we wanted to visit.

I prefer Uber XL with adults as it's faster and more comfortable. I use the schedule ahead feature on departure day and it's always worked out. There's usually a ton waiting at the airport on arrival day.

However, last September, I had my brother and nephew (4) with me. My sister-in-law is not going to let him ride in an Uber/Lyft without a car set in Orlando traffic.

So we used Mears. It was fine. Private shuttle on the way back with two other families.

As others have said, we use it to go to/from resort dinners. For pick ups and drop offs at DS Minnie’s have the advantage for drop offs due to ability to drop/pick up in the bus area. With the change to the Epcot ride share pick up/drop offs Minnie’s now have the advantage there too.

Thank you. That would be most appreciated. If you can find out total riders w/2 ECVs and total riders w/1 ECV. (Not sure if we will have 1or 2).
Thank you once again.
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I DID ask our Minnie Van driver. She told me they can accommodate 7 if 2 are willing to stay in the ECV for the ride.

They have a backrow which handles up to 3, and a side seat that can handle one more, and one can sit up front. That's 5. Then the 2 ECV's which can also have riders.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I DID ask our minivan driver. She told me they can accommodate 7 if 2 are willing to stay in the ECV for the ride.

They have a backrow which handles up to 3, and a side seat that can handle one more, and one can sit up front. That's 5. Then the 2 ECV's which can also have riders.
This is fantastic. I can’t thank you enough for checking !!! It truly mean sooo much that you remembered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter