How much is your 2023 Disney vacation going to cost, or how much are you budgeting for it?

We've really changed how our Disney trips happen to keep them at a price point we are comfortable with. Dropped some TS meals, and stay off property.

Family of 5 (2 adults, 2 kids, 1 toddler), March 2023
  • Off property house rental 8 nights $1200 (1/3 of total house cost, split with other travel parties)
  • Tickets 6 day hoppers $2660
  • Parks Parking $150
  • Restaurant Estimates (3 TS, 3 QS, 1 eat around the world night) $1000
  • Breakfast/some lunch groceries $200
  • Double Stroller rental $110
  • Gas to/from NC, around parks $300
  • Hotel on travel there $150

total $5770

Souvenirs/Snacks are covered by about $1000 in accumulated Disney visa rewards, any surplus will go toward meals
Can I ask - Where do you usually go for groceries? Florida has different grocery stores than I’m used to and since I’m renting a place on my next trip and doing some non Disney things I need to do some grocery shopping. :)

Which trip?! Hahaha
Trying to stay budget friendly on my daughter's May band trip. It's only me going and staying on property so I'm hoping to keep it under $3000 for room + tickets + spending money. Flights were booked with points so no money spent there.

Dec 2023 is a different story. We're still trying to be as budget as possible but the budget has to be a bit bigger. We'd love for my MIL and FIL to join us at Christmas again. We brought them this past Dec and they really enjoyed the weather and the lower crowds in the beginning of Dec.

Can I ask - Where do you usually go for groceries? Florida has different grocery stores than I’m used to and since I’m renting a place on my next trip and doing some non Disney things I need to do some grocery shopping. :)
We'll do a Walmart pickup order as there is one right next to the resort we'll be staying at. Saves time and packing space.

I installed the Publix Delivery App and used that to shop for groceries and then had them deliver to our resort. It was super easy. We did the bulk of our grocery shopping at Walmart ourselves since we drive.

Not who you asked, but we also stay off-property and mostly use Walmart (there's one right around the corner from where we rent). We've also bought at Aldi's (across the street from Walmart) and occasionally at Publix (which is a lot more expensive than our local grocery store).

Not who you asked, but we also stay off-property and mostly use Walmart (there's one right around the corner from where we rent). We've also bought at Aldi's (across the street from Walmart) and occasionally at Publix (which is a lot more expensive than our local grocery store).
Ohhh! I missed they had an Aldi nearby.

May do just one, 6 days/5 nights, 1-person trip. Here is the budget so far:

Airport Prepaid Parking $125
Pet Sitter $250
Airline Extras (Flight=Points) $100
Hotel - Onsite Non-Disney (Free Breakfast) $850
WDW 3 Day Park Hopper $500
Uber/Lyft (+ Hotel shuttles) $250
Disney Dining $300

Total Estimate $2,375

Oddly, I found the hotel is the reasonable and easily adjustable $# but even this tight budget trip added up fast. First time not renting a car (between the rental and parking - thinking Uber/Lyft might make more sense).

3 adults *kid is 11
Tickets (military) - 1900ish
Gas - 250
AirBnB on way 2 nights - 350
2 nights rent point preferred studio Riviera- 888
7 nights 1 br VGF rented points - 5900ish
Groceries- 350
Food/souvenirs- 2500
Board animals - 1700
Total - sick to my stomach
Fun - priceless

My wife and I bought our 7 day standard theme park tickets from Sam's Club on Tuesday evening. Total cost was $2,833.61 compared to $3,208.00 from Disney. As of today, Sam's Club is now selling those same exact tickets for $3,100.57 (+9.4%). I'm glad I bought when I did, but that seems to be a big movement in a matter of 36 hours, considering Disney's price has stayed the same.

My wife and I bought our 7 day standard theme park tickets from Sam's Club on Tuesday evening. Total cost was $2,833.61 compared to $3,208.00 from Disney. As of today, Sam's Club is now selling those same exact tickets for $3,100.57 (+9.4%). I'm glad I bought when I did, but that seems to be a big movement in a matter of 36 hours, considering Disney's price has stayed the same.

I always check www.undercovertourist.com (they have refundable park tickets - for a fee) and Southern California AAA too https://aaaclub.memberdeals.com/pages.php?sub=holiday-deals&utm_campaign=AEMHP-Holidays#view-all . AAA does not add full taxes until the checkout screen, so be sure to check the price on the last checkout screen. I saw a big jump in the last few days too.

Sometimes www.undercovertourist.com has good rental car prices too (you may have to buy a $12 movie ticket or something to qualify the rental car as an add-on ;) Was still too expensive to rent and park a car for me this trip.

Last edited:
Solo trip Feb 25-March 1

SW airfare 6879 pts there, $77 home
rental car for 10 days (going to visit family also) $640, hope to come down some
off site hotel 100,000 Marriott points for 5 nights, free breakfast, but they just added $10 per night parking
3 day Disney park hopper $522.95, paid with Disney gift cards bought with 10% and 20% discounts from Chase credit card offers at places like Best Buy, Office Depot, Lowes, Home Depot.
MK after hours ticket $165.08, again bought with discounted gift cards.
$25 (+ tax?) parking for 4 disney visits
Universal AP so free parking and entry my visits there.
Food? No idea but not doing any TS. Maybe $300 tops, I usually grab some extra fruit and yogurt from the free breakfast for snacks, so one bigger meal a day.
I don't buy souvenirs.

So roughly $1500 for the disney portion, probably less because of the discounted GC, and close to half of that price is the tickets.

We are traveling in August 2023. Family of five with boys aged 8, 5, and 3 at time of travel. These are my current working totals. The 162 DVC points from 2022 were free when we bought our DVC contract, but I figure they are still worth the 2022 dues pp.

10 Days at Polynesian LV Studio: $1697.21 (162 2022 points @ $7.3859pp, 63 2023 points @ $7.9475pp)
7 1 Park Per Day Ticket for 2 Adults & 3 Children: $2,833.61 (via Sam's Club)
Roundtrip Airline Tickets from and to MDW: $1,529.80 (current flight cost according to Southwest, minus savings from discounted SWA gift cards)
Roundtrip Transportation on Sunshine Flyer: $144.00
Groceries: $150.00 (estimate)
Restaurants: $2,500.00 (estimate)
Souvenirs: $650.00 (estimate)
Tips: $200.00 (estimate)

Total: $9,704.62

Current amount saved: $7,629.94 with an additional $425.00 in Disney gift cards.
$20000

Trip 1 for 4 (2 adults, 1 teenager, 1 preschooler)- January 25-29.

Airport Parking: $185
Spirit R/T Airfaire plus extra fees: $966
Sunshine Flyer R/T: $96
4 Nights Polynesian DVC: Free (gift)
3 day Park hoppers: $885 (3 days of a Military Salute 5 day ticket, other 2 days to be used on a different trip)
TS Meals: $990
QS Meals/Snacks: $300
Genie+ (2 days): $250
Souveniers: $150
Petsitter: $250
1 VIP Tour spot (teenager's Christmas present): $360
Total: $4,432

Ouch. That adds up. Luckily I've been squirreling away discounted giftcards and cashback from RMN all year.

We have 2 more trips planned. Those will probably be cheaper.

I always check www.undercovertourist.com (they have refundable tickets - for a fee) and Southern California AAA too https://aaaclub.memberdeals.com/pages.php?sub=holiday-deals&utm_campaign=AEMHP-Holidays#view-all . AAA does not add full taxes until the checkout screen, so be sure to check the price on the last checkout screen. I saw a big jump in the last few days too.
I checked UndercoverTourist as well as Touringplans. Touringplans has a ticket calculator that will provide the cheapest third-party for your dates and number of days. Based on the calculator, it was Maple Leaf Tickets and they were cheaper than Sam's when I checked about a week or so ago. But when I checked this week and TP said Maple Leaf Tickets was still the cheapest, the website wasn't working and once I got it to finally work, it looked like the price increase had already occurred. So I just went and bought from Sam's. The price increase occurred right at our seven month mark, but if you saw the increase too, the seven month mark may just be mere coincidence.

Trip 1 for 4 (2 adults, 1 teenager, 1 preschooler)- January 25-29.

Airport Parking: $185
Spirit R/T Airfaire plus extra fees: $966
Sunshine Flyer R/T: $96
4 Nights Polynesian DVC: Free (gift)
3 day Park hoppers: $885 (3 days of a Military Salute 5 day ticket, other 2 days to be used on a different trip)
TS Meals: $990
QS Meals/Snacks: $300
Genie+ (2 days): $250
Souveniers: $150
Petsitter: $250
1 VIP Tour spot (teenager's Christmas present): $360
Total: $4,432

Ouch. That adds up. Luckily I've been squirreling away discounted giftcards and cashback from RMN all year.

We have 2 more trips planned. Those will probably be cheaper.
You received an awesome gift in a free Poly stay. Do you know where you're staying yet?

You received an awesome gift in a free Poly stay. Do you know where you're staying yet?
I know! I was floored and extremely grateful for the gift. And she apologized that it was only standard view, which made me laugh. I'd take a free Poly stay anywhere on property, even in the construction zone. That's part of the reason we're going all out on this trip. We want to take full advantage of the resort/location and the fact that it is free.

I do not know where we are staying yet. We requested Tokelau, but prioritized first available since we're arriving at 9AM.

I know! I was floored and extremely grateful for the gift. And she apologized that it was only standard view, which made me laugh. I'd take a free Poly stay anywhere on property, even in the construction zone. That's part of the reason we're going all out on this trip. We want to take full advantage of the resort/location and the fact that it is free.

I do not know where we are staying yet. We requested Tokelau, but prioritized first available since we're arriving at 9AM.
You will have a blast! Enjoy your trip! :)

I included the MF of the DVC points in my budget only because I wanted there to be full cost disclosure and so anyone who is not DVC won't come away thinking DVC is free after the initial buy-in.
Yea, I included: tickets, food, airfare, transportation, and have to have its …..

No accounting for the room cost, MF, OC, or any other metric …..

But I may also be giving up on JetBlue and trying Delta for a while

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter