• $20 - $25

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • Greater than $25

Votes: 95 62.5%

• Total voters
These prices don't concern me. Why? When I go into the parks I just walk around

Won't be paying for anything extra

Sitting by the pool is great.

This is the only way to get rid of this garbage. Don't pay.

When money gets extremely tight attendance will go down.

So many levers for them to pull. APs will go up, Day Tickets will go up, LL will go up, Park Hopping will go up, Genie+ will go up, Hotels will go up, Parties After Hours will go up, Parking will go up.

They can play with the numbers in so many ways.

We raised the price of every pay per ride to $15 BUT we kept Rise at $15 see how good we are?

Like others have said, they will keep raising until people stop paying and that's not going to happen any time soon.

As much as people will pay.
That has been shown by the Boo to you After hours event, much more expensive and much less offerings. No parade, stage show, fireworks, and 50 -100% more expensive and it sells out frequently. While the x-mas after hours is not selling out, at over twice the previous cost, there are more than enough people buying to make it worth while. As long as that happens, there is no reason to decrease the cost. Similar to Genie +. It started out "cheap". As long as people purchase it, Disney will continue to increase the cost till they find the sweet spot. Sadly, they are not there yet.

The fact that 33% of guests are paying for it means that that price is going to go up quick. They raise it to $20, and 30% of the people still get it. They raise it to 25$ and 28% of the guests still buy it.

Internally they have a threshold of what percentage of guests they want purchasing Genie Plus. Once they get that percentage near its minimum and that price as high as it can go, that's when it levels off.

The fact that 33% of guests are paying for it means that that price is going to go up quick. They raise it to $20, and 30% of the people still get it. They raise it to 25$ and 28% of the guests still buy it.

Internally they have a threshold of what percentage of guests they want purchasing Genie Plus. Once they get that percentage near its minimum and that price as high as it can go, that's when it levels off.
Sadly, I'm sure this is correct. Look what they did with the Halloween AH pricing. While not the same, they raised the price a lot and it sold well. Some for the Christmas AH, they raised the price. No doubt, next years Halloween will be more expensive until they find the limits.

Might be free one day if everyone gets tired of the upcharge. If everyone just stopped paying for it, then it could just turn into the free fast passes we used to get.

Might be free one day if everyone gets tired of the upcharge. If everyone just stopped paying for it, then it could just turn into the free fast passes we used to get.
Unfortunately, I doubt that would happen. There are just enough people that have disposable income to throw at it that people who pinch for it will feel like they need to get it to keep up. Therefore it becomes part of the costs for many people at Disney. It's just the way it has seemed to work for the customers for the past few decades at least.

The real answer is as much as people will pay. They will keep pushing that number until they hit where they want a certain number of people to purchase Genie + and the other to not. What is that number? I have no clue, but sadly, I suspect I will be one of them that will pay that amount.

Our state transportation department in Washington charges $20 a day for a faster trip on the freeway. Not surprising a private company does the same thing

Just got back from a trip. We did Genie+ all days and ILL’s for Rise, Runaway, Seven Dwarfs, and Frozen. The Genie+ didn’t really bother me but the ILL’s did. When you spend so much money to get into the parks, I’m not going to hold back on a little bit more in exchange to waste 10-20% of my entire day waiting in line for Rise.

I don’t agree with the strategy. I understand price increases but this seems to leave a sour taste with many. If you said your total vacation was going to be $7000 this year instead of $6000 then I think people would still be upset but you’re all in. Right now, I feel like it’s still going to be an extra $1000 but you’re initially going to pay $6000 and then they are going to surcharge you the rest. To me, it’s the way they charge you — not the actual price increase.

Hopefully it won't still be around. I have heard alot of negative things about it. I preferred fast passes.

Just got back from a trip. We did Genie+ all days and ILL’s for Rise, Runaway, Seven Dwarfs, and Frozen. The Genie+ didn’t really bother me but the ILL’s did. When you spend so much money to get into the parks, I’m not going to hold back on a little bit more in exchange to waste 10-20% of my entire day waiting in line for Rise.

I don’t agree with the strategy. I understand price increases but this seems to leave a sour taste with many. If you said your total vacation was going to be $7000 this year instead of $6000 then I think people would still be upset but you’re all in. Right now, I feel like it’s still going to be an extra $1000 but you’re initially going to pay $6000 and then they are going to surcharge you the rest. To me, it’s the way they charge you — not the actual price increase.

And it's confusing. I don't mind G+, and would pay double, triple for it to be one flat fastpass.

And it's confusing. I don't mind G+, and would pay double, triple for it to be one flat fastpass.

Yes but with the new system it is possible to use variable price models to balance supply and demand by adjusting price. I mean when our public government uses that system for our freeways why wouldn't you expect a private corporation to do the same.

I'm curious if demand will remain high, as they have fewer "new" rides coming down the pipeline and demand for the current ones (ROTR, etc.) seems to be tapering off

I'm curious if demand will remain high, as they have fewer "new" rides coming down the pipeline and demand for the current ones (ROTR, etc.) seems to be tapering off
Demand is still low because international guests haven't been allowed back. They were only allolwed back this month for the first time, during a quiet month of the year. I predict next year will be crazy - lots of pent up demand especially from those international guests like myself. I suspect Genie+ will become invaluable then, so I can only see the price increasing. That is why I have just added it to my reservation in advance now (we get a discounted price in the UK by adding it to our ticket in advance). I can only see prices going up, so I'm hedging against those rises.

As long as the suckers never ends, the price will never end.
and there is more than enough Disney suckers in this world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter