How old to drive a golf cart???

Pop-up-family

Earning My Ears
I have searched and found lots of golf cart questions, but didn't find one pertaining to the age a driver must be. Do you have to have a drivers license to operate one?
Thanks
Sherri;)

You need to be old enough to have a driver's license - which is age 16 in Florida. :)

to drive one of FW's electric carts ... and you're not allowed to let your kids sit in your lap and steer either.

Well I know for darn tootin that some of the kids I saw driving golf carts the last time we were at FW were not 18. In fact my husband said they didn't even look 16, that's why we were wondering. We've never gotten a golf cart but we are this next week. I have three boys and two have a drivers license but only one is 18.

Sherri

:bounce: Just 4 more days until Ft. Wilderness :Pinkbounc

Whenever we've asked at the Bike Barn, they've told us the age is 16. But, it's been a couple of years since we've rented one, so maybe they've changed the rule? I think I'll call and find out for sure. I'll be right back!

deal of it last summer when I rented the cart ... seems to me it's even stated in the contract you sign.

My g'kids were so disappointed that they couldn't sit in my lap and "drive."

ok - I got the "official" answer.

The guest must be 18 years old (and have a valid DL) to rent the cart.

The guest must be 16 years old (and have a valid DL) to drive the cart.

:-)

Thanks Rhonda my boys will both be glad to hear that. The 11 year old will just be happy to sit and ride around in one. :smooth:

Sherri

memaw2wm: They're always changing some rule or another. It's hard to keep up! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter