How similar is Sea World San Diego to Orlando's version?

mickeysgal

<font color=blue>Orange you glad I like Knock Knoc
We're trying to plan the parks we want to visit for our upcoming trip. We've been to Sea World Orlando many times and we're not sure we want to take another day going to see the San Diego Sea World IF its pretty much the same park. Would anyone know how different or similar these two parks are? We're leaning towards skipping it since it seems to be similar. Any advice is very appreciated!!

Unfortunately I can´t give you any first-hand advice, since I haven´t been there yet. But, from what I´ve been told here on the Dis, Sea World in San Diego is a lot smaller than in Orlando, although otherwise very similar. Of course, you can check out the website to see if they have the same/similar attractions and rides.

They are very simular parks. The biggest difference between the two is that Florida has Craken (sp?) the big roller coster and CA doesn't but CA has a simulated ride that FL doesn't. CA also seems smaller to me. We love Sea World but I really don't think you'd miss anything not going.

There are many like things, but the atmosphere is different. Atlantis is different and we have the sky ride on the bay. Sea World San Diego feels calmer.

We went to both within the space of one year and I think they are alike enough to say I would not go if I were you.....I was kind of upset that we used a day in California to go to the one there it was so much the same. Dont get me wrong...I loved Seaworld but these trips were in 2003 and 2004 and I am So Seaworld out that I refuse to go again this summer in Florida.

vellamint said:
We went to both within the space of one year and I think they are alike enough to say I would not go if I were you.....I was kind of upset that we used a day in California to go to the one there it was so much the same. Dont get me wrong...I loved Seaworld but these trips were in 2003 and 2004 and I am So Seaworld out that I refuse to go again this summer in Florida.

Thanks - this is what we suspected. We, too have gone to Sea World (Orlando) the past two years. Although we love it, we'd rather see something different since we've never been to southern CA before.

The one thing really different about Sea World San Diego is the area. it's on Mission Bay, and even from the stands you get a wonderful view.

That being said, if I could only spend one day in that area, I'd probably do Legoland (up the road in Carlsbad) if I had kids under 12, San Diego Zoo or Wild Animal Park.

San Diego Zoo is really amazing. Do take their little bus around - it's very steep. Go to the pandas first thing and avoid the crowds.

I love the San Diego area though. The weather is great. If you get a chance, stop by the Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado island. It's wonderful and has a great public beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter