How terrifying is Dinosaur?

This is the scariest ride for me in all WDW and I'm 26 y.o. Not sure I would take a little one on it.

my son, who was 6 when he first rode it, loved it! He had no problems with noise/darkness/animatronics. It is extremely bumpy! We laughed so hard the whole way through. It's definately one of our favorites.:earsboy:

I can't tell you how many times I've seen crying, screaming children with their heads buried in their parents shirts on this ride. Poor things are frightened to tears. My little niece went on and was terrified even though we too, like a previous poster, prepared her in advance. She wants no part of it. I'll have to admit that I close my eyes at certain points in the attraction even though I know what's coming. It's definitely an intense ride.

SimbaWind.gif

I rode this ride once--and hated it! I have no idea what the dinosaurs did to each other--because I was holding on for dear life. My then 8 yr old nephew was the only smart one in the group--he didn't ride, was too scared. (and he doesn't scare too easily) Don't take a little one on this ride.

Why don't you first try the Ellen and Bill Nye one at Epcot first. It has some of those real looking dinosaurs that are a little more friendly... okay a lot more firendly... that way you can see if your kids are scared of them first. Then tell them the dinosaur ride is in the dark with these guys tryig to scare you and instead of boo they growl, shake and beathe on you!:p

I think it is intense but love to ride it.

Just asked my DD of 14 about this, and she said if your daughters are afraid of scary dinoasaurs that will pop out at you and they are afraid of the dark and flashing lights, then "maybe you should reconsider" (her words in quotes!)

She was 9 (almost 10) the first time she went on it, and came off in tears. She's been on since, and now really loves it, but again, she is 14, almost 15.

What in the world is all of this about flashing lights??? I've never once noticed flashing lights or earsplitting noise in this...who could with those horrendously scary dinosaurs jumping out at you??? :)

Originally posted by petula
What in the world is all of this about flashing lights??? I've never once noticed flashing lights or earsplitting noise in this...who could with those horrendously scary dinosaurs jumping out at you??? :)

The strobe lights are at the beginning of the ride ... It's suppose to simulate time travel. It seems like it would be better at causing a seizure.:rolleyes:

I'm surprised that Disney haven't received any warning regarding the loud noise. It is at a dangerously high level,... especially on this ride.

Wow! I think I'll have to stick to my guns and pass on this one! Thanks for all of the input. I haven't been on the boards for a few days, so I didn't realize that many thought I had little ones. My DDs are 11 and 13, but they don't like to be frightened (I'm not big on it either!). When they were younger, we had to leave It's Tough to be a Bug because the three of us felt like we were being assaulted! Too much sensory overload, and that's what this ride sounds like. Just wanted you all to know that I wasn't trying to be deceptive, and I'm really glad you were all honest! Thanks again!

I have to agree with most of the other posts. It is the loudest, bumpest, scariest and nerve racking ride in the parks. If you have any kind of back or neck problems, this is definately one ride you should avoid. I can not believe how violent the ride is - you have to hold on for dear life.

We rode this in June during our trip, and I thought it to be pretty scary at times, though my 16 y/o loved it and kept riding it over and over. There was a family in line behind us with a little girl who looked to be about 4 years old. She was crying, and saying she didn't want to go on the ride. Her daddy kept telling her she was just being a "stick in the mud", and she was trying to keep everyone else from having any fun. Can you believe that? I kept worrying about that little girl through the whole ride, though she ended up being a few cars back from us. I hope she was okay. I couldn't believe her daddy could try to coerce her into something like that and her mom would go along with it. What are people thinking? This was not a busy time of day, I might add, and we simply walked on to the ride. I think the mom and dad could have split up riding and one of them could have waited outside with the little girl, then switched out and taken turns riding. I just don't understand how some people can be that insensitive to a child just to get their own jollies!

I hope I haven't offended anyone, but I just couldn't get that image out of my mind for the rest of the afternoon. I wondered how many times the parents had to get up with their daughter that night as she tried to sleep! I've also seen people dragging hysterical children out of the Tower of Terror ride saying, "oh, let's go look at our picture now".

Sorry, but I just needed to vent.................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter