How to buy plane tickets for next year?

Poly Pal

DIS Veteran
I am counting down the days until we are 331 days out from next year's trip to Disney.

My friendly, local travel agent wants to charge $10 (or is it $20) per ticket for the four of us to book our flights. She's a nice lady, but I usually can get the same or lower fare on Delta's web site and can research fares on the various travel web sites. So why should I use a travel agent when I already know exactly what I want and I monitor fares closely up until date of departure?

Has anyone booked on Delta's web site? I tried once but did not have Skymile numbers for my 2 boys. So by the time I enrolled them on-line (took about 10 minutes), the lowest fares were sold out. I complained to Delta, but they offered nothing more than an apology.

I am also Medallion level with Delta, and I could call the special number on the back of my card. The folks there have always been helpful and pleasant.

So should I

a. Use a travel agent (air only as I book everything myself after doing my own research)
b. Book on Delta's web site?
c. Book through the Delta Medallion Member Service Line?

Thanks for any advice!

If you know exactly what flights you want, and have quick second choice flights in mind you don't need a travel agent.

I have used Delta's on line booking quite successfully, however (as of now) you cannot use Delta Dollars, Delta vouchers, or Delta e-vouchers. Calling Delta on the phone, the fares may vary slightly (usually slightly higher) but you can use vouchers, etc.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Thanks seashoreCM. You reminded me that I do have vouchers on Delta to use, too.

So, if I book directly with Delta on the phone, do I need to go to the airport with the vouchers? I used to have a City Ticket Office right across the street from where I work but Delta closed it last year.

I booked using Deltas web site and found it very easy and several dollars cheaper. Now I've never used E-Tickets so that will be new to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter