How to Celebrate a Birthday

TINKTWINS

<font color=CC33FF>Is TIRED of snow!!!!! WDW here
We will be in the World for my sons 12th Birthday.

Im looking for tips, ideas and experiences youve had to celebrate your kids special day.

Thanks

The first thing you want to do is get a birthday button. They are free at City Hall. This will normally get him a phone call from Mickey or Goofy singing Happy Birthday. My dd loved this! If ds is not with you at City Hall when you pick up the pin, you can ask at any shop and they should be able to do it for you. A CM in a store noticed dd's pin and asked if she'd gotten her phone call yet.

Make a PS for a character meal. Let the reservationist know there is a bday, also let the maitr'd or waitress know. There should be Mickey confetti on the table, and they will give him a free cupcake.

I don't know how cool this is for a 12 yr old boy, but when we let someone know it was dd's birthday, they had a card sent to our room with all the characters "signatures". It was a big hit with a three year old :-)

He's pretty into Disney so there isnt anything that he wouldnt like. Hes my stand in for everything, when we see characters if my 3yo twins arent interested, he gets in every pic. Ive got pics with him and just about all the female characters and he has never once complained! Hes really a great sport. So far ive got a ps for breakfast at 1900 Park, when should I talk to someone about it being a birthday?

Thanks

You could call back to confirm your reservation, if you want, and mention to the reservationist that you're celebrating a bday. That probably isn't even necessary though. Just mention it to the maitre d' at the restaurant. After that, if when you go to the table there is confetti on the table, don't worry about it, they already know. :D If not, mention it to the waiter so they still have a chance to give ds a free dessert.

It sounds like you've got a great kid! I hope his birthday is extra special.

have dinner at the hoop dee doo revue. they make a big fuss and he'll probably appreciate it more at his age.

also go to giftsofalifetime.com. jane can arrange a really super event for him based on his likes. shes wonderful!

My DS's favorite CM is breakfastsarur at AK. They will make a big fuss and give him lots of attention. She might also enjoy a day at DQ. Most boys this age love that sort of thing. I would let him call the shots all day. The park, the resturants etc.

Jordan's mom

There have been great ideas so far. Although I don't have boys, I think that a great idea would be to book one of the bass-fishing excursions (if it is financially feasible) or to visit the Wide World of Sports. My family has done the fishing excursion and enjoyed it. Also, for our daughter's 10th birthday we did the birthday cruise. That is a private pontoon cruise around Bay Lake during fireworks (if they have them) and with a cake and refreshments on board. I'm sure more people will give you great suggestions for a wonderful birthday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter