How to do you carry your tickets?

I use the e-tickets on my phone most of the time, but give each person their own ticket (except the youngest) to carry "just in case". I keep mine in my wallet.

As for scanning in fast passes, it's all about training your group to not wait for you to scan all the passes. I walk up, and start scanning. Each time I get a green ring, one person of my party enters the queue. And then I follow them in on the last green ring.

No way is that true... I was scanning 7 passes in less than 3 seconds with the app, even if everyone used a separate scanner it couldn't be done that fast with tickets and then we'd be using 2 or 3 instead of just one scanner... several times we were forced to use tickets just because the app wouldn't load (which we always knew before approaching the scanners since we would get the app up on our way to the ride) and it always took much longer to have to scan in each ticket separately than to simply swipe with the phone in place and we'd be using more scanners so even if it was faster - which it isn't- we'd be taking up more space and thereby creating a greater bottleneck than just having one person using one scanner swiping everyone in almost instantly. Also several times when I tried to use a ticket I found it got stuck in there and I had to fumble to get my ticket back out over the thin lip which definitely took more time than scanning several tickets at once with a phone. On the othe hand my friend has a clear phone case and put their ticket in that so when the app wasn't working they just scanned the back of their phone which worked great but still not as slick as using the app of course.

It depends on the group honestly. I've seen large groups have one person scan from the app and it takes significantly longer than you just described. The groups in those situations (the ones that take longer) also seem to always like to block other scanners and will not move until forced to do so by a CM. And even then I've had some make eye contact and still continue blocking (at that point I assume it's on purpose because they realize my smaller group of 2 will "get ahead of them" and they do not care about line efficiency).

As luckyrabbit said, groups use what works best for them (my groups, even when more than 2, are definitely faster at scanning their own tickets compared to me scanning from the app). We all have our preferences.

If one can scan faster from the app for their whole group and keep their group from blocking the line from moving? Go for it! It's not the fastest way for everyone, but it is for some.

This is embarrassing but I use a small fanny pack which allows me to quickly access phone or tickets, and I don’t have to worry about leaving it behind on a ride or losing anything since everything is zippered. I’ve read too many times on the DIS that people lost the pouch off of their lanyard to use one. Although maybe that mainly happens with the cheap ones, I don’t know.

I think the only time I use the physical ticket is to enter the park. I can’t really remember using it for anything else. And I cannot count the number of times a large group has blocked all of the FP scanners while they try to figure out what they’re doing. But it can happen with physical tickets and phones. We are only a group of 2 or 3 and I am the designated scanner. I try to scan as fast as possible and we don’t block the machines for others.

I think the only time I use the physical ticket is to enter the park. I can’t really remember using it for anything else. And I cannot count the number of times a large group has blocked all of the FP scanners while they try to figure out what they’re doing. But it can happen with physical tickets and phones. We are only a group of 2 or 3 and I am the designated scanner. I try to scan as fast as possible and we don’t block the machines for others.

I am the designated scanner too and also try to go quick and not be in the way.

I put mine in the front pocket of a thin cardholder so it's easy to slip in and out.
For MaxPass though, I just scan the ticket into the app and scar the codes via my phone.

I keep all the tickets in my lanyard holder. As I walk up to the scanner, I take the tickets out of the holder and scan the four of us into the line. The app seems to slow things down from what I have witnessed.

The app seems to slow things down from what I have witnessed.
It can if people are fumbling around with their phone and don’t have their FP screen ready. But that can easily happen with park tickets as well. Particularly when there is a large group where 1 person is holding all the tickets and trying to read which ticket is for which person.
I found the phone just as quick as the paper tickets, you just need to be prepared and have them ready in either case. Plus every time we were approaching a ride we had FP for, they just popped up in the app like a notification, no need to go looking for them.

It can if people are fumbling around with their phone and don’t have their FP screen ready. But that can easily happen with park tickets as well. Particularly when there is a large group where 1 person is holding all the tickets and trying to read which ticket is for which person.
I found the phone just as quick as the paper tickets, you just need to be prepared and have them ready in either case. Plus every time we were approaching a ride we had FP for, they just popped up in the app like a notification, no need to go looking for them.

My last trip I was stuck behind someone with a wad full of tickets - maybe 8. Not sure why he didn't just look at the name printed on them other than maybe it was dark and small print, but he kept on reaching for one after another until his came up.

agreed. I only use my phone to scan me and DD in. Anything over 2 or 3 people really does slow it down. I think every one that can scan them selves in should. Especially if you are in big party and blocking the machine for others to scan in.

I'm so used to WDW and MBs that I have NO idea if I need anything for my tickets.

I currently have e-tickets that I will scan into our app (or do I wait until I get the official ticket at the gate? That confuses me...).

We have maxpass on our tickets, so I (obviously) was planning on getting our FP through the app.

Is there a reason I would need tickets readily accessible? Do you recommend a lanyard? Or is just having them in my husband's or my wallet good enough?

Thanks!!

I wear a reel type badge holder and zip it in a waterproof plastic badge holder. Super fast to scan for entering FP line. Get a heavy duty reel cos they don't break easy. You can attach it to your pants pocket, belt loop, or your bag. I have everyone wear their own, but there are no little kids. Else use your phone.

Does anyone use an id pouch with a clear pocket, and does it scan without taking the ticket out? I have a Vera Bradley zip id case that I like, but I have no idea if the ticket would scan without removing it.

I have a Vera ID zip, too. Absolutely love it for the Parks as they're surprisingly 'roomy'. But I don't think the bar code would show in the ID window as the barcode is in the lower left side and the window is 'front and center. I expect if you wanted to fold the ticket you might be able to make it work but I wouldn't bother. I keep my Zip on the key lanyard of my Disney Dooney and just slip the ticket out to scan it then put it right back in and tuck the Zip back in my bag. Only takes a second and having the Zip on the key lanyard means I don't have to worry about dropping it.

I'm so used to WDW and MBs that I have NO idea if I need anything for my tickets.

I currently have e-tickets that I will scan into our app (or do I wait until I get the official ticket at the gate? That confuses me...).

We have maxpass on our tickets, so I (obviously) was planning on getting our FP through the app.

Is there a reason I would need tickets readily accessible? Do you recommend a lanyard? Or is just having them in my husband's or my wallet good enough?

Thanks!!
I use my phone for almost everything, so ticket stays int he wallet.

I have a Vera ID zip, too. Absolutely love it for the Parks as they're surprisingly 'roomy'. But I don't think the bar code would show in the ID window as the barcode is in the lower left side and the window is 'front and center. I expect if you wanted to fold the ticket you might be able to make it work but I wouldn't bother. I keep my Zip on the key lanyard of my Disney Dooney and just slip the ticket out to scan it then put it right back in and tuck the Zip back in my bag. Only takes a second and having the Zip on the key lanyard means I don't have to worry about dropping it.
Thank you! This is what I was thinking, that the barcode would not show enough. I really love the little Zip though, as I use it as my wallet for the day. I’ll just keep fishing it out.

Thank you! This is what I was thinking, that the barcode would not show enough. I really love the little Zip though, as I use it as my wallet for the day. I’ll just keep fishing it out.

Those zips are FANTASTIC. I use it as my wallet for the Parks, ball games, tiny clutch purses, etc.

I keep my AP, drivers license and credit card in a business card holder. when paper fastpasses were being used I kept those there as well. this was handy when making purchases and you have to pull all three out at the cash register.

I miss the days when your photo was on the back of the AP card. then you didn't need to pull out another photo ID.

Has anyone taken a screenshot of their virtual tickets and used them for entry? Photos always seem to be more reliable than dealing with an app that might need to connect to the internet to work properly and pull up the tickets attached to the account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter