How to FastPass at Tokyo DL and Tokyo DisneySea

Pacolovestacos

DIS Veteran
Hey folks,

Will be in Tokyo Disney in early October, staying at the MiraCosta. People who have been there, can you provide some guidance on the best way to use Fast Pass (i.e. which rides should I absolutely get a FP for first)? Since I have the 15 minute advantage, I will do Toy Story Mania first thing. Think once is enough in order to have time to do other things in the park.

We didn't do Toy Story Mania as we'd done it at Disneyland CA. I think other than that, the usual route is to get Monsters Inc fastpass, then do Poohs Hunnyhunt with standby.
At Disney Sea, I think it's get TOT fastpass and ride Journey standby.
Our times were a bit different as The day we went to Disney Sea it was absolutely bucketing down. The park was the quietest park I've ever seen. Hardly any waits all day, so we did things a bit different.

Toy Story is DisneySea.
The recommended route is FP Toy Story, ride Journey FP TOT

Or if you plan to ride Toy Story FP Journey then FP TOT as the fast passes go quite late in the day.

PP is correct about Tokyo Disneyland - run to Monsters for a FP then ride Pooh.

Hey folks,

Will be in Tokyo Disney in early October, staying at the MiraCosta. People who have been there, can you provide some guidance on the best way to use Fast Pass (i.e. which rides should I absolutely get a FP for first)? Since I have the 15 minute advantage, I will do Toy Story Mania first thing. Think once is enough in order to have time to do other things in the park.

Hi, how was your FP experience 15mins before the gate opens?

Hi, how was your FP experience 15mins before the gate opens?

Meh it was okay. Certainly better than not being there early. But we typically showed up about 25 minutes prior and the FP line was already massive. Probably much better to get there around 7 or so and get in line for better positioning. I remember one morning we got in FP line at 7:35am, went straight to TSM to get a FP and we didn't get FP's until about 8:15 or so. It really was insane.

Still had a great time at each park though! Nice change of pass from Disney World.

If you are riding toy Story first then after that I would grab your first fastpass for tower of terror on the way as you walk toward journey. Ride journey on standby and then once your window opens up then grab a fastpass for journey so you can ride it again later. Head to the back of the park and fastpass one of the Indiana Jones rides for your third fastpass.
At disneyland fastpass monsters then run to Winnie the pooh and ride standby.

If you are riding toy Story first then after that I would grab your first fastpass for tower of terror on the way as you walk toward journey. Ride journey on standby and then once your window opens up then grab a fastpass for journey so you can ride it again later. Head to the back of the park and fastpass one of the Indiana Jones rides for your third fastpass.
At disneyland fastpass monsters then run to Winnie the pooh and ride standby.

Unfortunately, person I was with didn't want to ride TOT so that was out (which I was fine with as I'm not the biggest fan in the world but usually ride it once at DHS). And Journey was closed which I was super disappointed about.

Meh it was okay. Certainly better than not being there early. But we typically showed up about 25 minutes prior and the FP line was already massive. Probably much better to get there around 7 or so and get in line for better positioning. I remember one morning we got in FP line at 7:35am, went straight to TSM to get a FP and we didn't get FP's until about 8:15 or so. It really was insane.

Still had a great time at each park though! Nice change of pass from Disney World.

Wait.. first thing in the morning from the 15 min early gate it took 40 minutes of waiting to get a TS FP..? Yikes... my husband loves it so we will do it, but its nice to let him know of the wait ahead of time if its going to take that long just to get the FP! How long was the standby line first thing..?

Wait.. first thing in the morning from the 15 min early gate it took 40 minutes of waiting to get a TS FP..?

That mirrors my most recent experience in September 2015. It took approximately 45 minutes to grab Fast Passes for Toy Story Mania upon opening (i.e. no "early access" / Magic Morning).

I'm not sure how long the standby line was. The line for Fast Passes is just a sea of people, so it's hard to see anything other than many, many, many other faces!

Wait.. first thing in the morning from the 15 min early gate it took 40 minutes of waiting to get a TS FP..? Yikes... my husband loves it so we will do it, but its nice to let him know of the wait ahead of time if its going to take that long just to get the FP! How long was the standby line first thing..?

Correct so I'd say you have 2 options:
1) Ignore the FP and just ride standby
2) Try to get to the Magic Morning Line EARLY like around 7am. You'll be closer to the front of the pack so you can get your TSM FP quicker.

Unfortunately, person I was with didn't want to ride TOT so that was out (which I was fine with as I'm not the biggest fan in the world but usually ride it once at DHS). And Journey was closed which I was super disappointed about.
I didn't look at the date and didn't realize this post was so old! Too bad about journey being closed. What a bummer! I think it's the perfect excuse for you to plan another trip there so you can get to ride it!!!!

Haha, perhaps in the future. But I need to hit Disney HK and Shanghai to complete my mission to see all Disney Parks. So those are first on the agenda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter