How to get around Disney World????

goredwings

Earning My Ears
The last time I stayed at Disney was in 1998, at the All Star Sports. This time we're considering staying at Hilton (or one of Mary's Preffered ones). What is the transportation like at these other Downtown Disney Hotels? Is it the same as the ones at the Disney resorts?

A different company etc. - they do not use Disney transport - not sure if slower or faster but hear less frequent - I guess it depends on whether you want to leave the parks during the day. Also I would guess that maybe at MK, they let you off at the TTC and then you take the Monorail or Ferry to MK as opposed to Disney guests who go right to the gates

Thanks
Jason

I don't know about the Downtown Disney hotels, but we are staying off site for a week at Vistana Resort this upcoming trip and they charge $7.00 per person round trip for transportation. You may want to ask the hotel directly about charges for transportation. I would hope that the Downtown Disney hotels being a bit closer would not charge, but it would not hurt to ask.

Most of the DD hotels have comp. transportation to WDW and some even to Sea World. Go to the hotel's site for more info.

AZKathy - Rent a Car!!!!!

I did the offsite, paid transportation thing once (although it was from I-Drive), and it was miserable!!!

Day of arrival (mid-day) had to take a cab cause no mid-day transportation

Day of departure had to take a cab cause no mid-day transportation

Only two busses in the morning and two busses in the evening.

Vistana may have better service, but please double check the schedule!!!

Hotel Plaza resorts use Fleetwood Limousine (sometimes dba Bethany Limousine). They run every half hour all day long.

I don't mean to worry you, however I have never heard anything good about the service to Hotel Plaza... I recently knew an aquaintance stay at one of the Hotel Plaza resorts, and use the bus service. Horrible service at best. I told him to write to the hotel, and have them address the issue with Fleetwood/Bethany. Hopefully it might provide some results.

As for firsthand info, I can tell you those drivers have lead feet. I'll be doing the speed limit, and they'll zoom past me like I'm standing still. Condition of thier busses is mediocre... all banged up, filthy... albeit not nearly as bad as some other companies.

We stayed at an offsite campground some time ago, had double decker bus to Disney, took the bus the first day and never again. Thought the bus was going to tip over every time it turned, gas fumes bad, had to run to catch the last bus back. We ended up driving and paying to park the rest of the trip.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by clkelley
AZKathy - Rent a Car!!!!!

That is exactly what we are doing!!! Actually, there are 12 of us, so we found a great rate for mini vans for our trip.

Originally posted by rajak73
We stayed at an offsite campground some time ago, had double decker bus to Disney, took the bus the first day and never again. Thought the bus was going to tip over every time it turned, gas fumes bad, had to run to catch the last bus back. We ended up driving and paying to park the rest of the trip.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Those things were true heaps... always breaking down. But then again, they were also 40+ years old. They ended up parking one of 'em as a land marker for the campground, and it just sat there and rotted away.

Thanks everyone! I guess I will go with the All Stars again so I wont have to worry about anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter