How to keep from getting insanely jealous?

Princess Bella Luna

Who needs Ears when you can wear a Tiara!
I don't know - but the worst of me rears though when I see or hear of people and all the great "bonuses" Disney gives to them be it a Million Dream blessing or special treatment due to illiness, birthday, wedding, winning a free trip etc.

I just get so ANGRY because NONE of that stuff has ever been given to me or my friends and family in all the times I have gone there. It just makes me wish bad things would happen to those who got all that good stuff.

It's a nasty thing but I feel that way alot ...

How am I to get over it all?

Has anyone ever felt the same as me?!

I'm a Princess and princesses are supposed to be good, fair, kind and bear no harsh feelings to no one.

:headache:

Hubby and I made sure our paths crossed with a few of the give away reps when we were at the parks in January. We felt so rejected - they didn't give look at us! They were drawn to the bigger, more identifiable "family" groups or people with kids - it was a little disappointing for us too :sad2:

Do'nt feel too bad, My Husband and I honeymooned at AKL, and we received nothing! not even a congrats! but we didd'nt let it bother us. On our most recent trip this past December though, we were exiting Peter Pan and there were 2 CM handing out special lanyards with pins on them that said "My dream came true". So I guess that made up for the honeymoon thing because I was really excited over them!!

Everytime I would begin to feel a little jealous, I would remind myself of all the times that I've been fortunate enough to visit WDW. For some of those lucky people who are sprinkled with extra pixie dust during their trip, it might be the only time they visit the World.

Change of attitude and perspective, you can control that, and be genuinely happy for them! Be excited for them! You CAN change that if you make a conscience effort to :thumbsup2

Stop thinking of ME ME ME for a sec :hug:

Change of attitude and perspective, you can control that, and be genuinely happy for them! Be excited for them! You CAN change that if you make a conscience effort to :thumbsup2

Easier said than done - trust me. It's nice to go "How lucky are you!" and "That is so cool! But sometimes we'd like in on the treats too.

Sounds like you'd rather they don't give a thing to anyone...unless you got something too!

We don't have any kids and it would seem they give out prizes mostly to families. Thats ok to me. The reward of seeing a child smile is more than enough for me.

If you really must have a YOAMD prize then stand by the entrance gates to MK. Periodically they will give out pixie dust to anyone who asks. Also look for them giving out YOAMD Mickey Hats to anyone around them at the time.

I am always so happy for those who get prizes! :love: I just consider myself lucky to be able to take a Disney vacation so I'm always just happy to be there. :wizard:

Sounds like you'd rather they don't give a thing to anyone...unless you got something too!

I can always get stuff - there are stores everywhere. But just having wishes granted looks like a lot of fun - something I never experienced.

In the grand scheme of things, those little bonuses are not that important. Count your blessings, not your troubles. You CAN change the way you feel about things like this. Good luck!!

I don't know - but the worst of me rears though when I see or hear of people and all the great "bonuses" Disney gives to them be it a Million Dream blessing or special treatment due to illiness, birthday, wedding, winning a free trip etc.

I just get so ANGRY because NONE of that stuff has ever been given to me or my friends and family in all the times I have gone there. It just makes me wish bad things would happen to those who got all that good stuff.

It's a nasty thing but I feel that way alot ...

How am I to get over it all?

Has anyone ever felt the same as me?!

I'm a Princess and princesses are supposed to be good, fair, kind and bear no harsh feelings to no one.

:headache:

I dont know what to tell you... my first visits at any Disney Park.. my parents always makes it magical for me... just like how they do Santa Clause... I must be 7 then.. we were going the next day to DL and mom told me to sleep in early so we can go to the parks as soon as it opens ( it was about 2 hour drive for us then).. and when I woke up... I saw yellow and green dusting on my side table... my mom would say.. Tinkerbell was so excited she came to visit and waied till I wake up but she has to be at the parks before anybody else so she had to go... I tasted the dusting it was sweet (only now I realized it was granulated colored sugar)... that will get me so excited.. and now am 30ish soon to be 40 and still remember those magica moments.. that I bring some magic when I go to the parks... I dont have kids.. lotsa niece and nephews... I make bags for random kids at the park.. of course with the permision of their parents.. that alone brings so much joy to me... So I guess the only thing I can suggest is when you go back.. instead of wishing for random thing come your way... do a random thing for someone else at it will make your heart smile! I promise!!! And it can be very addicting too!!:cloud9:

Well, at least you don't flip out-or at least I don't think you have. We got off the family waterslide at TL and starting with us, when we got off we were given YOAMD hats (like I neded a hat in a water park! :laughing:). But we were appreciative and the kids felt very special. The guy that got off the waterslide in front of us totally went berserk though when he looked back and saw us get hats-he ran up the stairs and starting literally shouting at the two Dream Squad members. I was ready to throw my hat at him and say "Here you go you big baby!". Pathetically sad if you ask me. :sad1:

I wish I was one of the folks picked for the wishes or even to get the FP lanyards (the hat just really did not thrill me), but it hasn't happened for us yet and we have visited the mouse 4 times since October. I don't begrudge anyone their own special dreams or wish them ill will...but I do wish it were me sometimes too. I don't let being passed over ruin my day or my trip. Guess you can't really make it happen or look for-it is almost like they sense it and look elsewhere-wanting to catch folks off guard. :yay:

I don't begrudge anyone their own special dreams or wish them ill will...but I do wish it were me sometimes too. I don't let being passed over ruin my day or my trip. Guess you can't really make it happen or look for-it is almost like they sense it and look elsewhere-wanting to catch folks off guard. :yay:

That's how I feel - but I DO hold grudges, I just just don't let people know that. I'd just say, with a smile, "Cool Hat!" and go on with the rest of the park. But it's just plain jealousy that settles itself there for a while.

You know, now that I think about it - on my last trip, the candy lady in Japan at Epcot did choose me to pick an animal for her to make - and I was one of the last people to watch her ... And I know that those are even more rare then the silver Mickey ears.

Hmmmm, I guess I overlooked my own batch of pixie dist cause I let myself obsessed with YOAMD things. :rolleyes:

Pixie dust just isn't YOAMD things ...

*smacks forehead*

What??? You are definitely NO PRINCESS, I would say a villian! Did you ever think that your friends, family, and you are getting "bonuses" by not having illnesses that warrant special treatment. Here is a tip that I don't think anyone has shared, it is called KHARMA. You will never get ahead being so nasty. Be happy you can afford a ticket to the parks and that you are able to walk around healthy. Actually, save the money you spend at Disney and get a good shrink, that would be a "bonus" for us all.

I think this is the first post I have seen that has made me mad. I am happy when others get something for free. I tear up when I see make a wish put a smile on a kids face when they treat them to DW. Hey just be happy you can go to WDW some cannot afford it and their children will never get to see the magic we get to see. Remember good things come to good people and not jealous people. Sorry for my reply but you did ask..

What??? You are definitely NO PRINCESS, I would say a villian! Did you ever think that your friends, family, and you are getting "bonuses" by not having illnesses that warrant special treatment. Here is a tip that I don't think anyone has shared, it is called KHARMA. You will never get ahead being so nasty. Be happy you can afford a ticket to the parks and that you are able to walk around healthy. Actually, save the money you spend at Disney and get a good shrink, that would be a "bonus" for us all.

Chill out, Molly! My do you have a way about putting nasty labels on people for your FIRST post.

First of all, that wasn't my main concern about "illness" - I just said I envied ANYONE who got any special surprises. And if you too time to read the post and others after, I even said that feel nasty for being so envious. Envy ISN'T a Princess thing. That's why I asked what others would think and do ...

Who said I was doing ANYTHING nasty? I was simply stating my feelings.

I'm sorry Molly, you really seem to be very jump the gun judgmental. You can state your feelings as everyone did, but it was you who chose to reply in a nastier tone than even I started out in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter