How to know if a port adventure is sold out or just not offered?

miztressuz

DIS Veteran
Every time we cruise, they've updated the website since the last time :)

I'm trying to figure out if a PA that we wanted is just sold out or they're not offering it on our trip. Is there a way to know that looking online? Like if it was just sold out, would it still be listed but marked 'Sold out' like the Onboard activities?

It's not listed at all when I check so just wondering if there's no hope or I should check back periodically for a cancellation.

It would be listed as "Sold Out", and it is toward the bottom of the list. (That's how I see them listed for our port adventures on my phone.)

Also, be sure to check back often bc I have seen some listed as sold out and then become available if people cancel.

It would be listed as "Sold Out", and it is toward the bottom of the list. (That's how I see them listed for our port adventures on my phone.)

Also, be sure to check back often bc I have seen some listed as sold out and then become available if people cancel.

Darn, no hope then. Of course it's because hubby actually wanted to do this one. Mostly he's just along for the ride but he picked this one out specifically. :)

There's 24 PA's listed for St Kitt's but only 20 are shown when I go to pick activities. Since none say 'sold out' it seems like those 4 just aren't being offered for our cruise. Poo. Of course the 'back up' excursion we chose is more money, oh well. Thanks for the info!

Keep checking! You may get lucky and the one you want may show up later. Fingers crossed! :teeth:

They do sometimes offer new ones. I've often seen adult-only versions pop up closer to the cruise - makes me wonder if they see who has booked, note how many people are adults who've booked and determine that it's possible to add and adults-only version knowing that many will move to those. On the other hand, I did really really want a particular PA on our first Med cruise which turned out not to be offered once I was able to book. Turns out it was a seasonal issue (water was too choppy at that time of year). I was really disappointed but Plan B turned out so well, I'd book that one again in a heartbeat. So it may be that they aren't offering it because there is some issue or simply because they are unable to get availability from the tour operator. Or possibly that they just haven't yet got confirmation from the tour operator and may add it later or they wait to see how many people have booked tours and whether it seems like they should add more. Book your Plan B and keep checking.

Darn, no hope then. Of course it's because hubby actually wanted to do this one. Mostly he's just along for the ride but he picked this one out specifically. :)

There's 24 PA's listed for St Kitt's but only 20 are shown when I go to pick activities. Since none say 'sold out' it seems like those 4 just aren't being offered for our cruise. Poo. Of course the 'back up' excursion we chose is more money, oh well. Thanks for the info!

There could be another explanation. Timing of the Port Adventures. If an excursion conflicts with the time that the ship is in port, it will not be listed as an option.

They do sometimes offer new ones. I've often seen adult-only versions pop up closer to the cruise - makes me wonder if they see who has booked, note how many people are adults who've booked and determine that it's possible to add and adults-only version knowing that many will move to those. On the other hand, I did really really want a particular PA on our first Med cruise which turned out not to be offered once I was able to book. Turns out it was a seasonal issue (water was too choppy at that time of year). I was really disappointed but Plan B turned out so well, I'd book that one again in a heartbeat. So it may be that they aren't offering it because there is some issue or simply because they are unable to get availability from the tour operator. Or possibly that they just haven't yet got confirmation from the tour operator and may add it later or they wait to see how many people have booked tours and whether it seems like they should add more. Book your Plan B and keep checking.

Yep, Plan B is booked, and it's still a good excursion, just wasn't as suited to his interests this time. Was trying to figure out if I needed to obsessively stalk the site every day in case of a cancellation or just 'let it go' :-)laughing:) With excursions not listed before suddenly popping up though, sounds like I'll probably be somewhere in between and check back periodically as we get closer. Still about 3 months out, plenty of time for things to change. Plan B is a shorter excursion so I was going to do some research and see if we can figure out some way to replicate it on our own before or after it. Who knows, maybe that will work out better.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter