How to request a specific room?

Peter_noPan

DVC member
I have never tried to request a specific room before, but want to for our next trip.

Any suggestions for best way to do this? I don't know if it works by registering on line or calling. I do know waiting until I get there is a bad idea.

Looking for advice.

Thanks

I have never tried to request a specific room before, but want to for our next trip.

Any suggestions for best way to do this? I don't know if it works by registering on line or calling. I do know waiting until I get there is a bad idea.

Looking for advice.

Thanks

If it's a DVC reservation, call or e-mail member services. I typically e-mail (use "contact us" on the member website). If you want a specific room #, it's best to give a list of room numbers or a description. If you just give them one # and it's not available, they have no idea what your second choice was.

I did the online chat and then followed up with a phone call. We are here now and got a perfect room!

Just remember that the specific room you request may be occupied on the day you check in. Obviously, they are not going to leave the room vacant waiting for your stay to begin.

Odds are not in your favor, so DebbieB gave you good advice. If you can, make more general requests - the fewer the better. List the most important one first.

Good luck!

Good luck! Whenever I've requested a specific room (followed by saying "or room nearby"), I've always ended up as far away as possible. It's almost like I P*** off the room assigner by asking for a specific room. Now, at HHI we've had MUCH better luck. Several times we've listed 3 one BRs, and always gotten one of those three (however, since there are only 21 one BRs at HHI, our odds are pretty good).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter