How to use a half day in Tortola

dtk07

Mouseketeer
We are doing the 5 night San Juan to Miami cruise in Nov. Our cruise is doing a partial day in port at Tortola from 7:30-1:30pm. Realistically we wouldn't make it off the boat till closer to 9am. That gives us about 4 hours.

What would you do with four hours in port? There doesn't seem to be much directly off the port minus a few tourist shops. I've eyeballed the Callwood Rum Distillery, any other more family friendly activities? Would Callwood blink an eye at a 6 year old in tow for a quick visit or am I better off alone?

We are doing the 5 night San Juan to Miami cruise in Nov. Our cruise is doing a partial day in port at Tortola from 7:30-1:30pm. Realistically we wouldn't make it off the boat till closer to 9am. That gives us about 4 hours.

What would you do with four hours in port? There doesn't seem to be much directly off the port minus a few tourist shops. I've eyeballed the Callwood Rum Distillery, any other more family friendly activities? Would Callwood blink an eye at a 6 year old in tow for a quick visit or am I better off alone?

Are you not interested in the excursions Disney offers?
I don't remember whats around the port there, we went right to a boat for an excursion to the Baths. Ours was also a kind of short day, so we stuck with Disney, so we wouldn't have an issue if we were late back to port on one of their excursions.

Are you not interested in the excursions Disney offers?
I don't remember whats around the port there, we went right to a boat for an excursion to the Baths. Ours was also a kind of short day, so we stuck with Disney, so we wouldn't have an issue if we were late back to port on one of their excursions.

The most common suggestion for Tortola seems to The Baths but the time involved in that doesn't appear like it will work in a limited 4 hour window without really sweating getting back the ship.

The most common suggestion for Tortola seems to The Baths but the time involved in that doesn't appear like it will work in a limited 4 hour window without really sweating getting back the ship.

Is Disney not offering it?

We recently did Cane Gardens Beach. Great little beach, just take a taxi back and forth. Brought some water toys and went swimming. Great relaxing day. Can be done in 2 hours or more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter