how to wear hair while in parks?

i made the mistake of parting it intwo side braids and had extremely bad sunburn, dont do it!
~Jenny

this use to happen to me all the time, and i started using a spray on sunscreen in my hair and Ive never had a burn on my head since!

Usually I put my hair up in a pony tail, but this time I am just going to cut it all off. I am getting married then waiting a week to go on our disneymoon, so I will have time to get it cut between the wedding and when we leave. I can't wait to get it cut.

Well I like baseball caps because I am used to wearing them anyway for work. Plus I found a really cool Disney Pirates one on sale for fifteen percent off so yay. But I also have.... well I have no idea what they are called! A clippy thing that i can twist my hair up and clip it to my head? When I'm not wearing it It just clips right to the strap of my hipster.

I vote for a pony tail. I also wear a baseball cap and pull the pony through the back. I do not like sun glasses, but do need reading glasses, so If we go in the gift shop I have to pull out my glasses. I usually wear them on top of my head. I also lost my favorite had with we were canoeing a few years ago. I have bought many since, but I just could not get use to them, so I finally order one from merchandising. It is funny how you only like a crtain hat or piece of clothing.

I do the pony tail/baseball cap, too. The cap really helps if it's hot outside. I went without one day and my head felt like it was baking, plus the added shade on your face is nice. Also helps with the wind. I always take several to go with my outfits; they take up little room in a suitcase. I love the idea of going early without one and getting the photopass pictures, then putting it on for the rest of the day. I learn so much on these boards!

Also, it's fun to shop for new caps while you are there! ;)

Well, not WDW but when we go to DL I wear my hair many different ways. My hair is very fine so it tangles very easily but I have a lot of it so it's also very thick, I put it in a pony tail, in 2 side ponys, braided down my back or 2 side braids but my favorite is just to twist it and clip it. Pull it all back, twist it up and around and then clip it to my head. The only problem with the twist is I can't wear a hat when I do that. :)

The last time I went mine was short so I wore it down, but normally it's long (around the bottom of my sholder blades) and I wear it in a loose messy bun at the nape of my neck. Through out the day I'll put it up higher, but for the most part it's low and loose. having it loose helps from getting headaches. In the morning I always wash, dry and flatiron it as if i'm going to wear it down. I normally start off down, but it's up within the first hour typically. HTH

i made the mistake of parting it intwo side braids and had extremely bad sunburn, dont do it!
~Jenny

I did that once to do french braids and my scalp where it was parted got so sun burnt. But then my parents bought me a hat which they wouldn't have otherwise. :)

Well, not WDW but when we go to DL I wear my hair many different ways. My hair is very fine so it tangles very easily but I have a lot of it so it's also very thick, I put it in a pony tail, in 2 side ponys, braided down my back or 2 side braids but my favorite is just to twist it and clip it. Pull it all back, twist it up and around and then clip it to my head. The only problem with the twist is I can't wear a hat when I do that. :)

I pull my hair through the back of the baseball cap, as though I were going to make a ponytail- but instead THEN twist it and clip the clip to the back of my baseball cap :) HTH

I have very long, extremely thick and wavy hair. The weather in Florida really does a number on mine. I do the bun thing with clippies. That said, I do like a few of you others have said - fix it and get a few PP photos taken right when I get to the parks. That way all of my pictures aren't with my hair up.

My biggest issue is that I have bangs. They end up flat against my forehead before the day is over :headache: ...what's a girl to do?

I wear my hair in a pony tail, pig tails or a bun. On the rare occasions that I've tried to go into the parks with my hair down, it didn't last long and wound up going up in a pony or a clip really fast.

I have very long, extremely thick and wavy hair. The weather in Florida really does a number on mine. I do the bun thing with clippies. That said, I do like a few of you others have said - fix it and get a few PP photos taken right when I get to the parks. That way all of my pictures aren't with my hair up.

My biggest issue is that I have bangs. They end up flat against my forehead before the day is over :headache: ...what's a girl to do?

I'm wondering about the bangs thing as well.

I'm wondering about the bangs thing as well.

I have them too and I just do them as I normally would and however they look at the end of the day, so be it. If you guys do find some secret...let me know. ;)

Sometimes I will wear a hankerchief (is that even close to how it's supposed to be spelled) like a real thick headband and pull the bangs back. Problem is, then everyone can see my wrinkles in my forehead :rotfl: . It's not a look that I'm crazy about wearing in public (I do it here at the house while cleaning all the time). I don't like the shadow that is sometimes cast by the bill of a hat in photos. Plus my head itches around the band.

I usually have my hair back or up in some fashion. My new favorite is to do a pony tail and then clip it up with a "jaws clip?". (I clip right under the elastic to poof my hair up then let the rest hang?) Boy, that is hard to explain! :lmao: The tightness of the ponytail keeps things in place and the clip gives it a little flip and something a little more interesting. Stays in better than just a french bun clip thing. If I don't stop posting, I'm going to have to wear the "pony tail flip" to work today!!! :rotfl:

I usually cut my hair short before Disney. It is coarse and thick. I just flat iron it in the mornings and wear it down. If it gets too hot, I put it behind my ears.. if that doesn't work, I use a thin headband that has a zig zag like design to it and just put it straight back. I have also just pulled the front part up to keep hair off my forehead and left the rest down.

I usually have my hair back or up in some fashion. My new favorite is to do a pony tail and then clip it up with a "jaws clip?". (I clip right under the elastic to poof my hair up then let the rest hang?) Boy, that is hard to explain! :lmao: The tightness of the ponytail keeps things in place and the clip gives it a little flip and something a little more interesting. Stays in better than just a french bun clip thing. If I don't stop posting, I'm going to have to wear the "pony tail flip" to work today!!! :rotfl:

I know exactly what you mean, I do this all the time, it's make your ponytail a little more poofy, love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter