How would you break this up and can it feel like two different resorts?

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
I get to book our trip home in 20 days. :hyper: It feels like I've been waiting forever.

We'll have 12 nights/13 days including travel. My plan is to book a 2 bedroom at SSR for part and a THV for part (yes, I know they are the same resort).

How would you break that up with regard to amount of nights at each location?

Our plan is to have 9 park days; we don't do the parks on travel days. We will have a water park day, a full pool/spa/golf day and then we usually relax on arrival day- I'm thinking unpack and dinner at the Turf Club. On departure day we try to shop some and maybe do a resort character meal.

Also wondering if it's possible to make it feel like a split stay resort wise? Like explore diff parts of SSR?

To me, the THV will be a totally different experince so I'm thinking while we are at the THV we'll grill dinner one night and spend a little time at the quieter pool. For the SSR portion we'll eat at the Turf Club and go to the bigger pool. :confused3

We'll be there during F&W.

I would go 8 nights THV and 4 nights over at the regular SSR. It's all subjective based on what you personally like. I prefer the quiet, relative seclusion of THV to the more standard, condo style timeshare units at SSR. However, I would enjoy some time closer to the main stuff at SSR including the pools and DTD.

I would go 8 nights THV and 4 nights over at the regular SSR. It's all subjective based on what you personally like. I prefer the quiet, relative seclusion of THV to the more standard, condo style timeshare units at SSR. However, I would enjoy some time closer to the main stuff at SSR including the pools and DTD.

I like them both. I was wanting to try to 2 different DVC resorts but DH wants SSR and the kids want the THV so this is the best compromise.

I think I would stay at THV on non park days. Since you plan to cook out and do the pool.

I like that idea, thanks!

We like to break up the park days so maybe we'll do SSR for 4 nights while doing a park each day, move to the THV, have our main break day and go from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter