How Young is Too Young???

Aren't kids under 2 years old free?? I think if we take our baby (that's still baking) for her 2nd birthday, we'd only have to pay for us (the adults) and airfare for us and the baby because I will want her in a car seat on the plane. That's not anymore expensive than what DH and I have been paying on our last few visits. Plus if I start saving now, then by the time August 2004 rolls around, it'll be paid for! That's my plan, anyway. Also, my parents might want to go with us, too. That way, because my parents are NOT night people, they can watch the baby while DH get out to enjoy some of our favorite rides. Just a thought........

My only additional comment is to be sure the baby can walk. You can't take strollers in line with you, and a 10 month old can get very VERY heavy waiting in line, even 15 or 20 minutes. But your plan sounds very good. We are taking our 2 yo DS next month. He has been to Disneyland in CA several times, we live in San Diego, and we can't wait to experience the whole WDW! Best wishes!

We are staying at Polynesian, I understand it's on monorail & great pool & landscaping

Hi there,
Just a little info. We took our almost 2 yr old
in November of '97 and stayed at Poly and CR.
The railings on the balconies at both hotels were
wide enough for his head and thus, his body, to
fit through. He was only allowed to go on the
balcony if he was strapped into his stroller.
He still remembers things from that trip and
loves to look at his own personal photo album.
We went again for his 5th birthday with his
sister, who was then just over 2. He would not
go on any rides that were inside. His sister went
on everything that she could. His favorite ride was
Big Thunder, go figure. :eek:
On that trip they enjoyed Epcot the best. Playing
in the fountains and chasing birds. They burned alot
of energy there. DH and I got to drink and eat our
way around the world and all of us were relaxed.
O.k., DH, the most of all. :D
I agree with all that said that all children are
different. It's all in their disposition. Only you, as
their Mom and Dad can know their limits and yours
as well.
Take it slow and enjoy...:)

Ths first time we went with kids, they were 2 and 4. You definitely need a different mindset when you're with little ones, but it can be done. The Poly is really nice--on the monorail, the beach, the pool. A first floor (patio) room worked best, because the kids could run around. So long as you're willing to devote every waking moment to your child, you should be fine. If you aren't willing to do that (and it's not meant as a criticism--parents aren't saints, we need vacations too!), you should wait. The other thing we did, was DH and I would take turns doing the night time thing with them, while the other parent went out and did adult things. This wouldn't work with a nursing infant, of course, and it's nto as fun as enjoying stuff together. But it did give me a chance to do Maelstrom, and DH to do Test Track, and so forth. Also, don't make a final decision until your child is actually born--some kids are real easy going, will sleep anywhere, etc. Others aren't--just luck of the draw. Even if you wait acouple more years, Disney will be there, better than you remember!:D

Our twin DDs were 2 the first time they went to WDW. Our youngest was 5 months when we went to Disneyland, and the twins were 3. We've been every year since at least once, and the girls are now 8 and 5.

Planning for the trip is the key. Make sure you take your stroller, car seat, favorite comfort items, etc. The next thing is to be flexible. We never have a schedule for any trip, except for PS for character meals. We tentatively plan what parks on which days, but that is it. If we see it fine, if not, oh well.

Our youngest potty trained herself at three on a trip to WDW. Told me she had to go, and that was that. Ended up bringing home all the diapers I had taken with us, plus some new princess panties!

I also agree with BarbOKW, check into the Disney Vacation Club if you like to go to WDW often.

BTW - our youngest is Princess Julia!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter