how's Spoodles...LATELY??

jwfla422

DIS Veteran/Philly Native
How has Spoodle's been lately? We loved this restaurant when it first opened but they went through many changes and our last visit there was very disappointing. It wasn't very crowded and dd's meal took over a 1/2 hour to prepare and the food was just ok. Service was just mediocre. Any better experiences these days???

We had a great meal there in June '03. DH & I split the Sauteed Chicken Breast & Arugula & Spinach Salad, which were both very good. (the portions are large, spliting an entree worked fine for us)
My 13 yr old Niece ordered the Orecchiette Pasta and loved it. In fact she kept begging to go back for another dinner there but we had too many new restaurants we wanted to explore.

We just love Spoodles. We were at WDW for 2 weeks last month and we ate at Spoodles three times. We had the Orecchietta Pasta, Rigatoni Pasta, & Salmon dinners to name a few. The Salmon I had was the best I've ever had at WDW. We just love this restaurant and the whole Boardwalk atmosphere.

We ate there back in July 2002 - and the thing that stands out best in my mind was the excellent service. Our waitress was probably the best we've ever had anywhere. If I remember correctly, her name is Kristin, she's tall with light brown hair. ::MinnieMo

Had a slice of pepperoni pizza and number of soda refills (BoardWalk Mug) via their take out window...Very Good!:crazy:

We were there last December and really enjoyed ourselves. I can't remember what everyone else had but I had the Moroccan Tuna which was the best way I've ever had it (and I eat Tuna A LOT). The only thing I could complain about was that it was a little noisy- other than that, we loved it!

We just ate there in September, and it remains one of our favorites! I love the rigatoni pasta and their flatbreads are delicious too. :)

Another positive response.......May 03.
DH is on a Atkins-type diet and CM literally took apart the menu for him so he would be happy with what he ordered. Service was outstanding. It isn't a cheap meal.....but in terms of food and service A+.

Thanks for the positive responses, good to hear!

Just made a PS there for our trip.

Another yea vote here for Spoodles! We had dinner here several years ago, and thought it was so so, and didn't go back again until this summer.

When we ate there this July, the food and the service was wonderful. We each had something different, from the flatbreads as appetizers to the rigatoni pasta, and seafood. Everyone loved their meal. And as far as pricing goes, we found it one of the more reasonable sit down dinners that we ate.:upsidedow

Originally posted by Ron from Michigan
The Salmon I had was the best I've ever had at WDW. We just love this restaurant and the whole Boardwalk atmosphere.

Hmmm, I'm always on the lookout for good salmon at WDW, thanks.

steve

Cindala-that's why I posted this thread. Like you said you were there some years ago, it's been about 2 or 3 since we've been and the last 2 times (back then) were just disappointing because it was so good prior. So, we stopped going for a while...

but from the feedback on this thread so far, looks like it's gone back to what it originally was--GOOD!!:goodvibes

Originally posted by jwfla422
Cindala-that's why I posted this thread. Like you said you were there some years ago, it's been about 2 or 3 since we've been and the last 2 times (back then) were just disappointing because it was so good prior. So, we stopped going for a while...

but from the feedback on this thread so far, looks like it's gone back to what it originally was--GOOD!!:goodvibes

If I were you, I'd definitely give Spoodles another try! We were pleased, and have it on our list for the next trip too!:cutie:

We were there this past July and loved it. I can't remember exactly what we had. I know I had some kind of pasta with chicken and shrimp and my husband had some kind of paella. Both were very good and our service was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter