DIS Veteran
on the 4 day wonder...
bold or weak?

do they have?
1/2 and 1/2??

does soda cost at dinner /lunch?

is lunch just go when you want?
sit where you want?

do you have time to change cloths after first seating before shows?

do they only change the colors one nite or does every ones rotation get to see at animators ?

thanks ºOº

Originally posted by huckster
on the 4 day wonder...
bold or weak?

In between..room service coffee was good, the drink station was better.

do they have?
1/2 and 1/2??

yes

does soda cost at dinner /lunch?
no

is lunch just go when you want?
sit where you want?

Lunch is available lots of places, depending on your tastes. Check out the Navigators on www.castawayclub.com for more info.

do you have time to change cloths after first seating before shows?

Yes, we did.

do they only change the colors one nite or does every ones rotation get to see at animators ?

Because there are three resturaunts and it's a four night cruise, you will dine in one of them twice. We had AP twice and the colors changed just the first time. But they change for each rotation. In other words, yes...hehe. I can be long winded!!

Ursula

No problem! I am considering bringing my own coffee maker. Any opinions/suggestions??

Ohhhh noooo!!!! the great coffee debate!!!!

I sure wish I could bring my coffeemaker, but hate to try to pack everything I own! I have heard that the coffee, and the tea, are from instant syrup, and that they are just awful. I like my fresh brewed Gevalia!! :eek:

Welll...........
The coffe at the drinkstation USED to be an Italin coffee concentrate that WAS very good
But I was told over on ther DVC board that it has changed to nescafe also.:(

But that isnt bad enough to cause me to drag a coffee maker on a cruise I'll just add more cream :p

Steve

Hmmm. I am really leaning toward bringing my own coffee maker. I have a small ( 4 cup) Mr Coffee that might just do the trick. What do you guys think?

Ursula

Originally posted by Wishing on a star
Ohhhh noooo!!!! the great coffee debate!!!!

I sure wish I could bring my coffeemaker, but hate to try to pack everything I own! I have heard that the coffee, and the tea, are from instant syrup, and that they are just awful. I like my fresh brewed Gevalia!! :eek:

I'm with you on the great taste of fresh-brewed Gevalia! I'm savoring my first cup in over a week and boy did I miss it!

The coffee onboard varied from very strong to mild. There didn't seem to be any pattern to when or where. Personally, I prefer a strong, rich flavor. The coffee onboard lacked that robust taste. However, due to space limitations and the possible fire hazzard of using a coffeemaker in my stateroom, I "suffered" through the week. It was probably my only complaint regarding the dining and food services.

We were on the Magic, not the Wonder, but the coffee was really bad, except at Palo's where it was great! :D We did the galley tour, and yes it was Sanka! It seemed to get stronger each night too. By the end of the cruise, it was kinda like mud...

Originally posted by mad4themouse
I'm with you on the great taste of fresh-brewed Gevalia! I'm savoring my first cup in over a week and boy did I miss it!

The coffee onboard varied from very strong to mild. There didn't seem to be any pattern to when or where. Personally, I prefer a strong, rich flavor. The coffee onboard lacked that robust taste. However, due to space limitations and the possible fire hazzard of using a coffeemaker in my stateroom, I "suffered" through the week. It was probably my only complaint regarding the dining and food services.

Are we allowed to bring a small coffee maker?

Ursula

Originally posted by Dreamer04
Are we allowed to bring a small coffee maker?

Ursula

I'm not sure that it is strictly forbidden but when it comes to coffeemakers, I tend to lean on the overly-cautious side. I even unplug them when not in use at home!

With the limited amount of space, both in the cabin and in my luggage, I just felt that it was not a necessity.

An alternative to a coffee maker would be a coffee press. They sell them in gourmet kitchen stores. You place the grounds in the coffee pot and pour boiling water (which you could get at the coffee station or from room service) over the grounds. You then stir, steep as you would tea, and press the grounds to the bottom of the pot using the plunger that comes with the pot. It's a trial and error process determining how much coffee to use and how long to steep it but the results are similar to those of a drip coffeemaker.

We too, just returned from the Western on the Magic...

I would have to say I missed my WAWA caramel coffee (a local brand here in PA, I am sipping on a cup as I write this) but the coffee on the Magic wasn't that bad.

I had coffee delivered each morning to our stateroom and found this to be the best cup of the day. I am not sure if it was how the coffee was prepared or the fact that I was able to drink it on my verandah in my pjs. :-)

I too do not know if DCL prohibits coffee makers, if anyone finds out let me know the answer.

thanks

Originally posted by mad4themouse

Getting a little off topic, but I used to be a big Gevalia fan, but since I primarily buy flavored coffees and all of the ones I purchase now are artificially flavored I have dropped them. Go online and check out the others, which sell coffee with roasting dates (VERY recent) on each package and have natural flavorings. Gevalia is head and shoulders above Nescafe, but there are several other companies which are an improvement on Gevalia.

Originally posted by Wishing on a star
I have heard that the coffee, and the tea, are from instant syrup, and that they are just awful.

trink01.gif
eck15.gif

ok i know that ..
starbucks school.. you need 2 tabvle spoons for six oz of water. to use a press and you let it steep for 4 mins. this is a bold coffe e flovor be sure to get a mild of if you wish do do this. also you need a coarse grind so it dose not sift thru . very tastey!!

This sounds good. I have to check it out!

Thanks!

Ursula

I have a coffee press that I never use. They sold it to me at Starbucks when I sampled how bold the flavor was with coffee brewed that way. But the brewing process is more complicated then setting up the drip coffee machine, and cleanup is more complicated as well. Don't get me wrong... I'll walk a quarter-mile for a good cup of coffee, but I don't like too much extra work when I'm making it myself.

My experience is that the coffee is...ok. Not the best, certainly not the worst (Hospital coffee at 2am-thankful for the caffeine, but not the flavor!)
Our last cruise I brought along a box of Carnation Coffee Creamers (hazelnut). They do not need refrigeration, and really helped my early morning coffee fix aboard ship.

Hey, don't be shy... do tell!!! Which brand/company do you prefer?

PS: I rarely drink the 'flavored' coffees... thanks for the tip!

Okay... when having to choose.... which do I pack????

a.) small coffee maker and fresh gourmet coffee

b.) small CDplayer/digital lighted display alarm clock

c.) mini sized room air cleaner/freshener

d.) Hey, what the heck, bring it all!!!!! :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter