HRH in November for FOTL? worth it?

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
I am doing a combined WDW and US trip from late nov. to early dec. I have always stayed on property at Disney and used this as our base. Now I keep reading about the HRH, and FPTL. Is this necessary in a slow month like Nov. Will FOTL still be available in any form at this time? I can get HRH for $119. but am getting prices of 89. for Port Orleans WDW so the Universal stay will run me a bit more.
Also about transportation. We always rent a car so we can get from Disney to Universal and SeaWorld, plus we like to do one trip to a grocery store while we're there. By staying at HRH could I possibly eliminate the need for a rental car ( taking the shuttle to US and SW, then another shuttle or cab to the grocery store then to WDW) I have 5 people, so it's possible that getting from Universal to WDW will cost me more then the rental car.
Thanks guys, you have so much info.

Hi,

We always rent a car even if we only go to Universal. It gives us the freedom to go to the store or eat off property just to give the wallet a rest.

As far as front of the line, it doesn't exist as that anymore. For details on the "express policy" (or some of it anyway) read the thread titled" READ THIS..express policy and on-site hotels" by EARL.

We went in Nov. 1999 and by planning a little we kept our waits to a minimum by getting to the park when it opened, taking of advantage of ee days, riding the most popular rides first, etc.

Good luck!

First, rent the car. If you price it, I think you'll find you can't get transfers for less than you can get the car. As mentioned, it's convenient for groceries and eating off-site. Also, I use the rental car to go Disney's West Side or Downtown Disney or to eat at another hotel, because its way faster than bus connections.

As for the HRH, I'd pay the extra to stay on site. The FOTL access has not been changed that much; it's still quite effective. Even in November, the queues can build and it's nice to jump in that express line. Also, like staying in a Disney property, the HRH is very nice and a treat in itself. We enjoyed sleeping till nine, eating a leisurely breafast and then heading over to the park. Without FOTL access, I'd have been there when the gates opened to do the "theme park commando" routine. Lastly, the priority seating at most CityWalk restaraunts is a perk. We walked up the the HRCafe at 7:30 on a Friday evening. They had a massive line of people waiting to get in and we were seated within 10 minutes. Now that's cool!

You should definitely stay at the Hard Rock Hotel. It is a treat in itself even if they didn't have FOTL! I loved it when we went last month, and can't wait to go back next year! You won't be sorry!!

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

I'm going to stay at HRH for the first two nights of my trip. For the last two I have a free stay at SwanDolphin. Now I have to pick a place for the middle four nights. I have never hotel hopped before. I wonder what it will be like. We are thinking of Port Orleans FQ. My kids love this place. I would rather do Poly, but I will probably lose this battle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter