Hurricane watch 2018

Have to be watching that one closely. I think we will be ok to get there on Oct 8th but might just have some interesting days in Florida and maybe on our cruise. Good luck to us all going during the 8th to the 20th.

Have to be watching that one closely. I think we will be ok to get there on Oct 8th but might just have some interesting days in Florida and maybe on our cruise. Good luck to us all going during the 8th to the 20th.

Models are literally ALL over the place with this one.

Yes everyone trusts the EURO and yes the EURO does have a TS very close to FL next week. But we are still a long ways away.

Keep monitoring.

Models are literally ALL over the place with this one.

Yes everyone trusts the EURO and yes the EURO does have a TS very close to FL next week. But we are still a long ways away.

Keep monitoring.

I’m in the U.K. so this is all totally new to me. We are going to WDW this weekend. I have the Wunderground and AccuWeather apps, but can you suggest the best way of keeping up to date about the likelihood of a hurricane during our stay? Thanks.

I’m in the U.K. so this is all totally new to me. We are going to WDW this weekend. I have the Wunderground and AccuWeather apps, but can you suggest the best way of keeping up to date about the likelihood of a hurricane during our stay? Thanks.

I’m wondering the same thing. I’m not from the UK...I’m from Illinois and we don’t get hurricanes here, either!

Keep an eye on the NHC (National Hurricane Center) site here: https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

The big map up top shows the location of current storms, as well as locations where tropical systems may form. There's a two-day and a five-day version of this graphic (see the links below the map); they don't predict further out than five days because, simply put, weather models aren't that good. Same with projected paths for storms that haven't formed yet-- they don't issue those either because it's a crapshoot that far out (keep this in mind when people are throwing around Euro model maps that have tropical storms hitting Florida in the next week or so).

If a hurricane or tropical storm forms, it'll get a box down below the big map (where Tropical Storm Leslie is now) with advisories and maps of projected impacts and projected path.

Follow the link listed above and at the bottom of the map that pops up, click on the five day and you’ll get a longer term picture

Keep an eye on the NHC (National Hurricane Center) site here: https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

The big map up top shows the location of current storms, as well as locations where tropical systems may form. There's a two-day and a five-day version of this graphic (see the links below the map); they don't predict further out than five days because, simply put, weather models aren't that good. Same with projected paths for storms that haven't formed yet-- they don't issue those either because it's a crapshoot that far out (keep this in mind when people are throwing around Euro model maps that have tropical storms hitting Florida in the next week or so).

If a hurricane or tropical storm forms, it'll get a box down below the big map (where Tropical Storm Leslie is now) with advisories and maps of projected impacts and projected path.

Follow the link listed above and at the bottom of the map that pops up, click on the five day and you’ll get a longer term picture

Thank you both! Now I have a new thing to obsess over when I feel I’m having too much fun at Disney. :rolleyes1

It is looking more and more likely that "something" will form in the Gulf and move North. Some models have nothing, some have a TS, and some have a Hurricane. It is too early to tell what and where it will go.

At the very least, we should expect MOST of FL to be wet next week. I would say Tuesday through Friday of next will have tropical downpours each day. WILL NOT be a washout, but a heavy band of rain will come
through and clear out for an hour or 2 and then another heavy band comes in and rinse and repeat most of the week.

Have to wait and see the next 2 or 3 days to see what will come of this.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for the information. I guess I will be buying some pochos for next week. I am hoping to have some decent days.

Thanks for the information. I guess I will be buying some pochos for next week. I am hoping to have some decent days.

It definitely WILL NOT be a washout. On and off heavy downpours. Will probably be cloudy a good portion of the week but def NOT a washout.

It is looking more and more likely that "something" will form in the Gulf and move North. Some models have nothing, some have a TS, and some have a Hurricane. It is too early to tell what and where it will go.

At the very least, we should expect MOST of FL to be wet next week. I would say Tuesday through Friday of next will have tropical downpours each day. WILL NOT be a washout, but a heavy band of rain will come
through and clear out for an hour or 2 and then another heavy band comes in and rinse and repeat most of the week.

Have to wait and see the next 2 or 3 days to see what will come of this.
When you say next week do you mean the week of October 8 or October 15?

When you say next week do you mean the week of October 8 or October 15?

Week of the 8th.

Looks like wettest days will be 9th, 10th, 11th. Again NOT a washout. Cloudy with a wave of rain that will come through and then clear out for couple hours and then another wave of rain.

Week of the 8th and it’s looking more like it’s heading straight north

Week of the 8th.

Looks like wettest days will be 9th, 10th, 11th. Again NOT a washout. Cloudy with a wave of rain that will come through and then clear out for couple hours and then another wave of rain.
Thanks....I will be there the next week starting October 14 so fingers crossed for good weather!

The trends for Michael have NOT BEEN GOOD at all

It is now looking more and more likely we could have a major Hurricane hitting the Panhandle of Florida.

People in that area please prepare NOW!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter