Hurry, Help needed! Ziplock dilemma and only 2 days to go!

christibelle

Earning My Ears
Okay, I know, maybe a little over dramatic ;) , but it is a dilemma. About 3 weeks ago I used the Ziplock idea I found on this board. I packed, in separate baggies, a warm weather outfit (tshirt and shorts) for each day.

The dilemma: The weather forecast indicates that we will have to dress in layers everyday. Temps starting in the forty's and fifty's and then ending up in the seventy's in the afternoon. How in the world do I pack in Ziplock bags for that??!!

I need help from you Ziplock experts! I am trying to be done packing the day after tomorrow and I am drowning in ziplock baggies and everything from winter gloves to bathing suits. Yikes!! This is all to complicted for a simple Minnesota girl like me! :)

First, take a deep breath. There, don't you feel better?;)
This is what I've done: Keep the warm weather stuff packed as is.
Depending on how long you'll be there- Take a couple pairs of jeans, a couple of sweatshirts each and a coat. Each night or morning check out the local forecast and wear a warm weather shirt and sweatshirt and either jeans or shorts.
I tell my family that on vacation they CANNOT get away with wearing a pair of jeans for several hours and then tossing them in the laundry. No way! They have to wear them for at least 2 full days before I wash them. Same goes for a sweatshirt, especially when it's worn over another shirt.

Wow, Cristibelle, you're alot further into packing than I am! I'm still getting the laundry done!! We leave on Friday also. :)

I would also not pack the sweatshirts,fleeces etc. in the same zip-lock pack. Just add them to the pile in the suitcase. It sure is an odd assortment of clothing we are packing - fleeces to bathing suits!

Have a great trip!

Gi

When we go I just pack the warm weather clothes in ziplocs. Then we each take 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of sweats (fleece), 1 sweatshirt and 1 lighweight rain coat/windbreaker. Unless it's really cold, we start out the morning in shorts and sweatshirt or coat. Yes it's a bit cold for the first hour in the parks but not unbearable. Then we just stuff our coats in the backpack. If you start off in jeans it's just too much to carry around plus it's a hassle to change IMO. If you take dark sweatshirts/jackets/jeans you should be able to get at least a couple days use out of them. Unless you're like my DH who sat in dripped ice cream:rolleyes: And he wonders why I always tell him to wear navy shorts instead of khaki.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter