HydroGuy's Disneyland Trip (Tokyo DL , that is)

HydroGuy

A Pirate's Life For Me
Hey all, I am in China at the moment with DS13 and off to Tokyo in a few hours. We will have 2 and 1/2 days at Tokyo Disney Resort where we will visit Tokyo DL and Tokyo DisneySea - reportedly the most beautiful Disney parks in the world.

While here in China I heard from the locals that Disney is building a new resort in Shanghai to open in 2014. I had not heard that one before.

I hope the mods let me keep this thread here because so many of you know me and are good friends. :)

If they do keep it here I will post some real time updates and compare and contrast it to the greatest and most magical theme park in the world, Disneyland in Anaheim. :cool2:

Oh what a wonderful experience you get to have! I cannot wait for your compare/contrast (which I hope they will let you keep her), and a FULL trip report, which I hope you post in the TDL forum. :) Take tons of pictures!!!

Oh that sounds like so much fun! Have a great time and I can't wait to hear about your trip!

How wonderful! I hope you have a great time and I can't wait to see pictures and a TR!!

How exciting! I can't wait to see some pictures!

Have fun!:goodvibes

Oh, I'm so jealous. TDLR looks like such a cool resort! I'm excited to hear all about it. :thumbsup2

Awww, jealous. We were in Tokyo prior to Disney being there. So excited for you. Tokyo is an amazing city! Enjoy TDL & TDS!

The Shanghai park was in the news in early November as being "green lighted" by the Chinese government.

Ooooh! I have sooo been waiting for this Trey. TDS is the one Disney park I would travel a long way for. Please keep this here, Mods!

I'm so excited to read your TR and see pics! :hyper::hyper:

I want to hear all about it. Too bad it looks like the mods moved it.:sad1:

You will have a ball!!!!
But move move move...use the fastpasses...and don't waste time in the popcorn buying queue :lmao:

LEGEND OF MYTHICA!!! and Electrical parade are the BEST :D

DH and I are both wishing the two of you a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear your observations. DisneySea looks beyond amazing and it's definitely on my bucket list.

Steph

OK we made it to TDR. Ate at Rainforest Cafe tonight. There is no Internet here in the rooms and so I am using a but the minute PC in the lobby. It has Japanese characters on it and if ou hit the wrong key it is like having ALL CAPS on with no way to turn it off and a slew of characters appear.

After that you are hosed because there is no good way to turn it off. We are going to DisneySea Monday and the DL on Tuesday. Wednesday is a half day and we are not sure yet.

Reports will be short because of limited access. Will talk more when I get home after TG. :)

OK we made it to TDR. Ate at Rainforest Cafe tonight. There is no Internet here in the rooms and so I am using a but the minute PC in the lobby. It has Japanese characters on it and if ou hit the wrong key it is like having ALL CAPS on with no way to turn it off and a slew of characters appear.

After that you are hosed because there is no good way to turn it off. We are going to DisneySea Monday and the DL on Tuesday. Wednesday is a half day and we are not sure yet.

Reports will be short because of limited access. Will talk more when I get home after TG. :)

The master of DLR park hopping and you aren't going to hop at TDR? Aren't the parks separated by like the same distance as DL and DCA? Maybe I'm wrong. :confused3

Have tons of fun!!!

The master of DLR park hopping and you aren't going to hop at TDR? Aren't the parks separated by like the same distance as DL and DCA? Maybe I'm wrong. :confused3

Have tons of fun!!!
I think I have figured out the keyboards here and can write what I want without fear of the japanese keyboard characters taking over. :)

Yes, the parks are close like DLR. However, on multi-day tix you are not allowed to hop. You must declare when you buy the tix which park you will visit on the first day. The second day must then be the opposite park. The third and fourth days you can park hop. The tix must be used on consecutive days. No tix over four days. After that you must buy an AP.

We were planning to be here 3 1/2 days. However, we were delayed on the front end by a snow storm in Colorado and our plane left CO late and made us miss our connection in SF. So we stayed the night in SF - drove the Golden Gate bridge, ate at Pier 39 on Fisherman's Wharf. My DS13s first trip to SF.

We therefore stayed one extra day in China to make up for the lost first day and did the Great Wall on Saturday. This meant shortening the TDR trip by one day. We fly out Wed eve at 5:30PM so can get in 3-4 hours Wed morning. Not sure which park we will do yet on Wed. With the reverse date change we leave Japan Wed at 5:30PM and land in CO Wed at 4PM LOL. In time for a jet lagged TG day.

I have never gotten 100% over the jet lag here and wake up every morning at 2-4AM after crashing at 7-8PM. Right now it is 5AM. I got a solid 6 hours sleep which is fine for me. DS13 is still asleep up in the room.

Today Monday is a national holiday and the parks are supposed to be packed. I was told that TDS is a better park on crowded days. It does have only about half the rides - sort of like DCA to DL. So today it is TDS. Tuesday should clear out the crowds and we will do TDL.

Last night as we drove in we could see Space Mtn. From our very small hotel room - at best 1/3 the size of an American hotel room - we can see Splash Mtn at TDL and Tower of Terror at TDS.

Sure wish RideMax had a version for Tokyo Disney! :goodvibes

DH and I are both wishing the two of you a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear your observations. DisneySea looks beyond amazing and it's definitely on my bucket list.

Steph
Hey Steph, see my response to DLR29 as we were in your neck of the woods last week when we missed our connection to China in SF.

I understand we will get Eeyore's father Bob with us right before Christmas. With you being in SoCal during Christmas I would guess you will see him right after us. Have a blast at DLR!

Hey Steph, see my response to DLR29 as we were in your neck of the woods last week when we missed our connection to China in SF.

I understand we will get Eeyore's father Bob with us right before Christmas. With you being in SoCal during Christmas I would guess you will see him right after us. Have a blast at DLR!

We're actually going to see them over TG at Shaver this year, we'll leave in a few days. Luckily, they've got wifi in the cabin now or I'd definitely be going through DISBoard withdrawals!

Take lots and lots of pictures of DisneySea, please! I'd love to see a slideshow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter