Hyperspace Mountain

We rode HSM on 5/5 and it was great! We have ridden it before as HSM, but this time seemed different, better!!

I checked our dates of June 4-8th and both SPace and Hyperspace mountain show times unavailable. Super disappointed with that. Especially since June 3rd shows times for HSM. Does anyone know what they are doing? I haven’t seen any refurb dates posted anywhere.

well i get there NEXT WEEK. and while i am still very upset about pirates being down... at leat we got this

I checked our dates of June 4-8th and both SPace and Hyperspace mountain show times unavailable. Super disappointed with that. Especially since June 3rd shows times for HSM. Does anyone know what they are doing? I haven’t seen any refurb dates posted anywhere.

I have heard rumors of them redoing the queue to utilize some indoor space that is the old Starcade space. Maybe they are reworking the queue ahead of the heat of summer.

Someone posted this a few weeks ago about some other areas of the park including Toon Town. The areas aren't closed, just a website issue. If it doesn't actually say the ride is closed, I wouldn't worry about it. They just update things on the calendar in a wonky way.

Word given to cast is that the overlay is only here for a month. There is a possibility it will be extended as it did the first time, but as of now all signs point to a month duration.

I see "times unavailable" for the weekend we are there, too (June 9-11). So bummed! Wonder why it would be closed for that many days in summer? Hoping it changes...

A couple of comments here. Ultimately, whether or not Space Mountain is open on any particular date is subject to change. However, when an attraction is closed, it would be explicitly listed in advance under the "Closed for Refurbishment" section on the applicable dates' entertainment schedule/park hours page(s). Here's an example when Indy is closed on June 12th: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2018-06-12/. Also, the ride itself would have a major disclaimer on the attraction page, such as Indy does here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/indiana-jones-adventure/.

I find it hard to believe a major attraction such as Space Mountain would be closed during early summer, absent express prior notice. I think the "times unavailable" issue noted by several posters simply refers to Hyperspace Mountain. Disney probably hasn't decided whether they'll keep the overlay or go back to the original version. I don't believe a prolonged refurb (or any refurb) is on the docket, except the one day potentially needed to switch over.

Many attractions, such as Toon Town character meets and the Mark Twain are listed under "Schedule Unavailable" here on June 4th: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/ (you can toggle dates on the top right). Pirates is actually closed and listed as such.

I'm hoping for an extension of Hyperspace Mountain myself.

A couple of comments here. Ultimately, whether or not Space Mountain is open on any particular date is subject to change. However, when an attraction is closed, it would be explicitly listed in advance under the "Closed for Refurbishment" section on the applicable dates' entertainment schedule/park hours page(s). Here's an example when Indy is closed on June 12th: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2018-06-12/. Also, the ride itself would have a major disclaimer on the attraction page, such as Indy does here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/indiana-jones-adventure/.

I find it hard to believe a major attraction such as Space Mountain would be closed during early summer, absent express prior notice. I think the "times unavailable" issue noted by several posters simply refers to Hyperspace Mountain. Disney probably hasn't decided whether they'll keep the overlay or go back to the original version. I don't believe a prolonged refurb (or any refurb) is on the docket, except the one day potentially needed to switch over.

Many attractions, such as Toon Town character meets and the Mark Twain are listed under "Schedule Unavailable" here on June 4th: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/ (you can toggle dates on the top right). Pirates is actually closed and listed as such.

I'm hoping for an extension of Hyperspace Mountain myself.
Great info for clarifying this issue--thanks! I'm hoping for Hyperspace Mountain to stay as well!

I’m curious what exactly you guys are seeing with this “times unavailable” There is no advance FP for DL, I have never seen the ride listings online show open and closed times. What am I missing?

I’m curious what exactly you guys are seeing with this “times unavailable” There is no advance FP for DL, I have never seen the ride listings online show open and closed times. What am I missing?
They're looking at hours for the attractions on specific days. Someone recently did this with Toon Town and thought all the restaurants would be closed because there were no times listed. In reality it's just an annoyance in how slowly they update and post things on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter