I-75 south construction

SHB

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. I hope I am posting this question on the correct board.

Has anyone drive down I-75S recently. I went to AAA and they told me there was alot of construction along 75 thru Valdosta. I was just wondering how bad is the construction. Is it down to one lane or just lower speed limits thru the construction.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Sherry

My family will be driving down this coming Saturday to WDW from Knoxville, TN. Both Mapquest and Yahoo maps route us through Jacksonville, FL instead of going straight down I-75. Does anyone know of any major traffic hangup in central FL along I-75?

BTW... I do in fact know the way there. I just usually print out the maps so we can better keep track of our progress.

I posted this same question in another thread and got no response. Anyone?

I checked the FL dept of transportation website and they list one construction project in the area but supposedly there are no lane restrictions during the day. I'd still like more info though.

And I'm researching Georgia right now. Mapquest routed me through South Carolina to I-95 (we live in Knoxville, TN) and Yahoo maps routed us along I-75 but took us east in north FL to Jacksonville then down I-95.

I'd also be interested to know, we drive down from MI next Wednesday.

Thanks in advance to anyone who's got info!

Found this ("Today" = 3/19/03):

Date: Today –3-31-03 Time: Roads: I-75 NB/SB
Description: Various lane closures north and southbound beginning @ AR 133 (Exit 18) and extending to the
Cook Co. line in Lowndes Co.

This would be the Valdosta construction. I'd like to hear from someone that's driven through it. Not like it's gonna reroute me but I'd just like to know. Heading east on I-40 out of Knoxville through North and South Carolina is one crappy drive. Coming east out of the mountains is some steep and windy highway and South Carolina sets up way too many speed traps for my taste. I'd rather sit in construction than take the alternate route.

I try to answers questions about I-75 I drove to Atlanta Saturday and I found they is doing construction on bridges and exit ramps. It depends if traveling through the week or the weekend. The Georigia Department of transportaion does not take off. So expect delays.

I would be more worry about Geoigia State Patrol they love the to step up in small towns on the freeway.

Also I would go with the flow of traffic in Geogia because sometimes you will drive you will get ran over.

That take pass Atlanta.

I'm from Chattanoooga so I travel I-75 all the time.

Watch out for fog to this time year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter