I am NOT staying at a value resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. You can't put a title like that out there and honestly expect to come off as snobby and judgmental about the Values.

And then to come back at people with "looks like you are an avid value resort visitor"? (Not you @bumbershoot - the OP). Given everything else you've said, I'm sorry, but that is an insult to all those who actually like the value resorts and choose to stay there.

Yeah...I'm done here.
okay, enough. I really did want the pros and cons since I have only read about them. I really don't understand your quote but in their signature they stayed value resorts so they could have given me their positive response but instead I get a response much like yours. Please if you can't say something helpful keep your snarky comments to yourself - I am not being insulting to ANYONE and I want the same courtesy. This IS a public forum but you don't have to make it personal and just plain mean. I enjoy reading posts on here and I enjoy the site as a whole - it is people like you who make me regret replying to or posting a thread. Have a wonderful day.

To all the helpful responses - I appreciate you.

okay, enough. I really did want the pros and cons since I have only read about them. I really don't understand your quote but in their signature they stayed value resorts so they could have given me their positive response but instead I get a response much like yours. Please if you can't say something helpful keep your snarky comments to yourself - I am not being insulting to ANYONE and I want the same courtesy. This IS a public forum but you don't have to make it personal and just plain mean. I enjoy reading posts on here and I enjoy the site as a whole - it is people like you who make me regret replying to or posting a thread. Have a wonderful day.

You actually have it wrong. If you look at my sig I have stayed off-site but WILL be staying on-site in the near future and it just so happens to be a Value resort. Though just because I haven't stayed at the Values before doesn't mean I don't have knowledge via my own research into it (many a-threads, many a-podcasts, many a-google research where there is a weath of information out there should I be open-minded enough). I'm not one to discredit a place I've never stayed at personally in this situation nor would I discredit any of the categories Disney has to offer should one choose to stay on-site.

And please do not try and single me out in this now 8 page thread and thread featured on the podcast (where it was summarized that throughout the thread most felt the creator of the thread just wasn't going to be happy and they have made up their mind if they were going to be forced to stay at a value resort and then at the end where it was mentioned by one of the DIS Unplugged podcasters that they felt it was more important to spend time with their family than worry about what the thread was about).

I don't enjoy the Value resorts. People have different opinions on what they are willing to spend money on... to me its not just a bed like it is to others. I go to Disney frequently so my park touring has changed and I don't stay in the park from open to close which also adds to this opinion. I like to enjoy the resort.

I have stayed at Pop and 2 of the All Stars. I was just at All Star Music last month and after 1 night (it was just because I changed flights so I did a value since I was getting in at midnight and moving hotels). I won't stay there more then 1 night. I probably will never go back. I've done Pop and it was okay. I think I would stay offsite before I would go back for 2 for more night stay at a value.

It's your vacation too, so make sure you are happy. With family, you'll need to compromise some it sounds. I've seen video of "values" and they don't seem as bad as I thought... I think like you, and keep saying "I'll never" go with Value, but if $ becomes an issue, I totally would stay there since I still get to be at Disney. Outside the resorts, we're all the same and the parks are the same in the end. My biggest "thing" besides amenities is location! You pay for location at disney and I love that feeling of escaping from the world and not having to drive, especially to get to epcot and magic kingdom. So for me, the BEST feelings I've gotten is when I've stayed at the poly, wilderness lodge, and the cabins... the boat and monorail transportation is all part of that escape, I'm not a bus fan. Next best thing is at least a boat to disney Springs so key west was awesome too, Saratoga Springs a close second. Off on a tangent getting excited to go now, but I'd be totally fine with a Value, if joining rooms or family suite set up-and because I saw video walk thrus showing all star movie and art of animation...I was impressed for a value. Look at it as a new experience to test out plus together with family (understanding it's an expensive test).

I haven't read all the answers, so apologize for any redundancy. On my WDW trips, I have stayed everywhere from tent camping off-site to deluxe with everything in between and have truly enjoyed all my trips. The big thing for me is going in with the right expectations.

If you decide to stay value, I recommend POP as it is the most centrally located. It really isn't very far from anywhere on site. I haven't had any problems with the transportation, but with the $ you are saving, you could easily rent a car. The values are pretty compact and easy to get around - much easier than most mods.
If you do stay at Pop, I recommend you do NOT get a pool view room. In August, that will be noisier. Rooms on the back sides of buildings are the quietest. The people on the Pop thread can help you with the best room request for your needs.

If you do go later in the season, when free dining is more likely, you may be able to upgrade everyone to a mod. Because the values only do the quick service plan, you have to pay to upgrade. It may not be that much more to stay moderate with regular dining plan.

If you do upgrade, keep in mind that there is major renovations going on at CBR and construction at CSR as well.

I'm not sure why people get offended by the motel 6 comparison. As a kid when we took road trips and stayed at motel 6. When we were building our house we stayed in a motel 6 several nights. It was cheap clean. To me the values are like that cheap clean. Not a place I'd want to spend a vacation, but they serve their purpose.

BTW...they'd be crazy not to take you up on your offer to pay for mod, and split mom's cost. get connecting rooms at Port Orleans....they will love it and you'll be happy. They may even save more $ that way. I can't remember but there was a great special for Annual Passholders discount...may have only been spring special. Staying port orleans River side in 10 days - The royal room pool view was cheaper than anything else!

Last edited:
I have not read the full thread, but we have stayed at every level and never had a bad resort. If I could stay anywhere would I pick a deluxe, maybe, but it depends on the purpose of the trip. If it is just you and your mom I don't think the space in a value is tight. Rather than Motel 6 they always struck me as Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn type level. The food courts are better quick service with more variety in my experience than the deluxes. Maybe y'all could look at Art of Animation as compromise. But otherwise, you may need to stay in a resort. It doesn't make sense to me to force them to pay more because you seem to deem a value beneath your standards.

Hi Karen! I can definitely give you some positives. Personally, I've only been to Disney twice and have only stayed at Pop Century, but nonetheless, this resort is my second home. Here are some reasons why I love Pop:
-The walk is really short. One thing to make it the shortest is to request a room (or rooms) in the 50's section. It's a lovely little area, tucked away from the noise of the 60's area and is simply adorable.
-If you have concerns about rooms; during reservation, ask for two adjoining rooms. I've done this with my family both times, as the four of us really didn't want to share one room. One amazing perk? Double bathrooms. It's also nice to have double the tables and chairs, as well as some extra space.
-It's a great price for what you're getting, even if you reserve more than one room. The only time my family and I can go is in the summer, and when comparing the price of staying with our usual two room reservation to Art of Animation, we saved about $400 dollars on a week trip staying at Pop.
-The buses only stop at the parks and Pop. Something I've heard from other people who have gone to other resorts (like the All-Stars) say that they hated sharing buses. This is great for making your trips to and from faster than other value resorts.
-The cast members are simply amazing there. (Especially if you have food allergies!) The staff at Pop never disappoint! Everywhere you went, there was always a smiling cast member. I've never seen anyone frowning. Everyone is happy to talk with you and share stories with you, and it's really interesting to learn about their experiences, and share our own. From the time you check in, the staff you'll meet and see regularly almost seem like family by the time you check out. Even better, the chefs are always willing and happy to accommodate anything you need. The staff at Pop really embraces that they can do anything in their own way. And honestly, they went above and very much beyond the stereotype of what people expect from a value resort
Pop Century is a really great place to stay, and that's what keeps my family wanting to go back as soon as we can.
I hope you have a great trip!

BTW...they'd be crazy not to take you up on your offer to pay for mod, and split mom's cost. get connecting rooms at Port Orleans....they will love it and you'll be happy. They may even save more $ that way. I can't remember but there was a great special for Annual Passholders discount...may have only been spring special. Staying port orleans River side in 10 days - The royal room pool view was cheaper than anything else!
I'm confused, my understanding is OP would pay her and her mom's upgrade fee, but they'd be paying their own for the two adults and child/children. Might mean that they had to go over budget.

You are fine. :) Not everyone thinks you are some kind of 1%, super snob who spits at people who stay in value resorts. Just some. ;)

Sometimes when you say don't like something that someone else happens to like, they seem to take as if you are insulting them personally. Human nature. Shrug it off and have fun at WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't op say she was staying at boardwalk? Sounds like she made up her mind.
Yes and it wasn't a Value; nothing wrong with that but it came as no surprise. However, in the future if the OP is pondering this same question they now have this thread and the DIS Unplugged Podcast segment to look back on for that information/advice and if nothing else this thread and the podcast (as well as I'm sure multiple other podcasts that have touched on help selecting what category of resort) can be there to potentially help someone else.

looks like you are an avid value resort visitor. I do not think the value resorts are beneath me. I honestly want to be convinced it is a good choice to stay at a value. I enjoy a queen or king beg, double vanity, larger room, sit down restaurant, nice lounge, but I have not stayed in all the resorts but I have read on here and other Disney info sites about the values. I knew by my title that I would get responses. Unfortunately, some will be judgmental and rude--- but thanks for the reply even though you didn't offer any support of the value resorts.
Ok you say you enjoy all of the things that the values don't have so why are you wanting people to try to convince you to stay at a value? I have stayed at every single level of resort except camp sites and the cabins. I just left Pop Sunday night and stayed at the Grand Floridian over NYE. For long weekends we will stay value or mods and for longer stays mostly villas/deluxe. However I wouldn't bat an eyelash to stay anywhere on property for a deal depending on what I was in the mood for. You should go for whatever you want. We have had family staying different places on property. No big deal.

Yes - I really wanted the best of the values brought out. But there were no real responses that swayed me to the values at this time.

I would not have wasted my time trying to persuade you given the title of your thread. I know you have already selected the BWI< and I think that since you seemed to have already made up your mind that the values did not offer the amenities you needed, it is a good choice for you.

I will be honest though, I don't understand why you are offended by the responses to your thread. I choose to stay at moderates or deluxe resorts in WDW because we use the resort as much as we visit the parks, so I want the amenities. I know this about me, and I own it. However, if my family was traveling to WDW and their budget kept them in a value, and I wanted to learn more about the choices in that category, I would not use that title to do so.

You came to a disney forum, posted an outrageous title of a thread that insulted many people, and now are upset because you did not get "convinced," calling out posters who are very knowledgeable and helpful on a variety of areas here on the DIS, and insulting them. I honestly do not understand what you hoped to accomplish here, but it was not nice at all.

I would not have wasted my time trying to persuade you given the title of your thread. I know you have already selected the BWI< and I think that since you seemed to have already made up your mind that the values did not offer the amenities you needed, it is a good choice for you.

I will be honest though, I don't understand why you are offended by the responses to your thread. I choose to stay at moderates or deluxe resorts in WDW because we use the resort as much as we visit the parks, so I want the amenities. I know this about me, and I own it. However, if my family was traveling to WDW and their budget kept them in a value, and I wanted to learn more about the choices in that category, I would not use that title to do so.

You came to a disney forum, posted an outrageous title of a thread that insulted many people, and now are upset because you did not get "convinced," calling out posters who are very knowledgeable and helpful on a variety of areas here on the DIS, and insulting them. I honestly do not understand what you hoped to accomplish here, but it was not nice at all.
I think anyone that gets insulted over a wdw resort really needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves why? I know we live in this PC culture where everybody gets offended over everything and you basically have to walk on eggshells on this board. But really if someone doesn't like what you like so what? I think people just need to own their choices and get thicker skin.

I think anyone that gets insulted over a wdw resort really needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves why? I know we live in this PC culture where everybody gets offended over everything and you basically have to walk on eggshells on this board. But really if someone doesn't like what you like so what? I think people just need to own their choices and get thicker skin.
Then I think the OP would need to follow this advice correct?

You appear to have thick skin..I would say I generally have thick skin for the most part but I'm not so certain the OP has thick skin as they don't want anyone to have any posts that reflect the honest interpretation of their post and really after 7 pages (at that time) not one darn post was able to convince the OP to look into a Value (except the one post on page 3 where the OP found one that convinced them to end up at Boardwalk)..and I wonder (well no I don't really wonder) why no one with all the various responses, the various viewpoints, the various experiences was ever able to sway the OP.

I find it quite ironic that you mention walking on eggshells, being pc, people need to own their own choices and get thicker skin in relation to this thread when we're speaking in regards to just the OP especially considering you appear to understand their posts in a different way than I am able to. If the OP isn't genuinely interested in the Value...why not just OWN that and say they don't appeal to me..hello the title was "I'm NOT staying at a Value Resort"(notice how 'not' is in caps)...they could have still gotten good advice for their brother and mother on the experiences and what to expect in a Value but no they chose to make the thread about convincing them to stay at a Value.

I'm personally not insulted by the Values references except for when people start to say things like "the only reason you would stay in a value is because you can't afford a mod or a deluxe" because well that is a huge assumption into the various reasons a person may choose a Value. I can't speak for other people though so yeah I get it if you're talking in a more general way but as you quoted a person who quoted the OP directly I'm framing my comments more in relation to that.

*ETA: my post in no way is meant to be mean or insulting just an honest dialogue*

I've stayed at the values. I used to like them fine. Personally I won't go back anymore. The prices have gotten too high, and honestly the guests are awful there now (I know, not Disney's fault, but man). Too many people smoking outside our door/too crowded everywhere for us.

I doubt that will happen. It's not like they're knocking down walls to make suites. It will be the same small room with one double bed replacing one queen bed.

I'm confused. So once Pop has finished the renovations, each room will have one double and one queen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter