I am so excited, but I cannot tell anyone. I knew you fellow DISers would understand

A couple of years ago, I invited two girlfriends along from work.

We had a co-worker that is also a friend of ours, who was really cash strapped after buying a house. She had lost her dad and was having a terrible time dealing with it and her family. We figured the three of us had already paid for the room, the parking at the airport, etc. So it wasn't really that expensive to buy her tickets and plane tickets, and gave her a bit of spending money. We gave up our tickets to Cirque de Soleil and pitched it in to invite her to go. We decided we had to surprise her or she wouldn't let us do it for her.

Imagine her surprise when we invited her to lunch, with all the info; her confirmation for the plane, her DME tag, her name included on all the reservations, etc. I swear she almost fainted, and then started to cry like a baby right in the middle of that restaurant. We came back to work and every noticed she had been crying and thought it was a sad cry - but it was a happy cry. Everyone thought it was so cool that we did it for her, and it feel so good to be able to do it.

To this day, we still talk about it - it was a precious moment when you can surprise someone with a gift to the happiest place on earth.

Wow- how wonderful! I got a bit misty reading about your surprise.

The M&M's are a very interesting idea. I am trying to figure out how I could use them to my advantage. :rotfl:

For XMAS we had two notes side by side for each child. That way one would not feel left out. The end of the scavenger hunt was in the same place so we could see both kids at the same time. But having them by them selves has its advantages too. Especially with the car. The trick is going to be setting it up so one kid does not feel left out while you follow Kid 1 around to get their surprise and then follow Kid 2.

Later,
Dan

True. I was thinking that DH could be with one and I could be with the other. However, it is true I would want to see both faces.
You are right. It would be hard to not have the other DD feel left out.
I guess we do need to end in one same location.
I wonder where/how I can get a big cardboard picture of the castle.......maybe a poster instead??????

A couple of years ago, I invited two girlfriends along from work.

We had a co-worker that is also a friend of ours, who was really cash strapped after buying a house. She had lost her dad and was having a terrible time dealing with it and her family. We figured the three of us had already paid for the room, the parking at the airport, etc. So it wasn't really that expensive to buy her tickets and plane tickets, and gave her a bit of spending money. We gave up our tickets to Cirque de Soleil and pitched it in to invite her to go. We decided we had to surprise her or she wouldn't let us do it for her.

Imagine her surprise when we invited her to lunch, with all the info; her confirmation for the plane, her DME tag, her name included on all the reservations, etc. I swear she almost fainted, and then started to cry like a baby right in the middle of that restaurant. We came back to work and every noticed she had been crying and thought it was a sad cry - but it was a happy cry. Everyone thought it was so cool that we did it for her, and it feel so good to be able to do it.

To this day, we still talk about it - it was a precious moment when you can surprise someone with a gift to the happiest place on earth.

Wonderful story!!!! What a fantastic surprise!

that would take a lot of M&M's - usually you have to buy a minimum of 3 bags - you can have 2 colors of M&M's with something different written on each on - so if you are planning on a sentence it would be hundreds of dollars

we used the M&M's to say "you are going to" on one and "hanna montana" on another for a concert surprise - wrapped one of each in a small jewelry box - put that in a bigger box and that in a bigger box - you get it...

girls could not understand why we wrapped 2 M&M's - then they read them (in the wrong order mind you!)
very excited!

So "you are going to" fit on one M & M? Or is it one word per M & M?
I might be able to put "Go to the " on one and somehow put "garage for a surprise" on the other. That could lead them there for the reveal. I don't know. I like the M & M idea. I like the little box being wrapped into the bigger box, but I do want to weigh the big boxes down to feel heavier. I am still thinking. Great ideas here!!!!!!!!

I say you make them work for it. Here's what I did to my brother a few years ago. You get a series of boxes, each bigger than the next. Take the smallest box, put something like a pair of socks or a snack size candy bar in it, and wrap it up. Place it in the next size box, wrap that box, put it in the next size box, etc etc etc. You get the idea. For optimal fun (for the people watching) get as many boxes as you can. When the victi...er, giftee opens everything down to their "Gift", say "Oops, that's not the right box!" and hand them the real gift.

Also fun, using a whole roll of duct tape to wrap up a gift, and "forget" to put something in the box.

TL

We surprised our then-6-year-old DS in Sept.-Oct '09. It was also a trip to celebrate a big birthday for me. We managed to keep it from him, but it was an effort. Every time he came by me when I was on the computer (on the Dis or a Disney site), I had to bring down the page really fast!

We told him the morning we were leaving. (Packing him without him noticing was a bit of a challenge.) We got him up at 4:30 a.m. (which is how early you have to get ready when you come from the West if you want to get to WDW by dinner time), and said to him, "You can go to soccer practice this morning. Or you can go to Disney World. Which would you like to do?" He bolted out of bed and jumped around, saying, "This is my best day ever!" It was one of our best days ever to see him so happy. Have a blast on your trip.

I say you make them work for it. Here's what I did to my brother a few years ago. You get a series of boxes, each bigger than the next. Take the smallest box, put something like a pair of socks or a snack size candy bar in it, and wrap it up. Place it in the next size box, wrap that box, put it in the next size box, etc etc etc. You get the idea. For optimal fun (for the people watching) get as many boxes as you can. When the victi...er, giftee opens everything down to their "Gift", say "Oops, that's not the right box!" and hand them the real gift.

Also fun, using a whole roll of duct tape to wrap up a gift, and "forget" to put something in the box.

TL

I like this! :thumbsup2

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter