I beat cancer,now we're going to Disney World!!!

Chris I wanted to wish you guys a safe trip :mickeyjum and friends are waiting for you guys!

Hope to see you there! Have a great time!
:wave2: Connie

OMG, don't you just love Kohls!!!! You did really good shopping at all the stores. I went to Kohls today and between their big sale, a 15% off coupon and the spend $50 get $10 offer, I was able to get 11 new things for me at an average cost of $8 a piece!!!! I couldn't believe it. That included tops, sweatshirt jacket, dress pants, bathrobe and three pair of flip flop sandals!! We need to go shopping together......LOL Have a great day!!

I do love Kohl's. I can usually get better quality clothing there for my kids than if I went to a discount store. Looks like you did a pretty good job of shopping too. Woo HOOOO!
:cheer2:

Chris I wanted to wish you guys a safe trip :mickeyjum and friends are waiting for you guys!

Hope to see you there! Have a great time!

Wouldn't it be too fun if we did run into each other? Hope you have an awesome time and I'll be looking forward to reading all about it!!!!

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe we are leaving for Disney tomorrow at noon. Let me say, I got NOTHING done last night. I went to PT and I was dying when I left. In so much pain and then the tiredness hit. I went outside to play with the kids and didn't last long. I was in bed by 9:30 with absolutely no packing done. My list keeps getting longer and longer. Lordy!!!

So when I get off work tonight, I'll hit up the bank to get my Disney money. :banana: Stop to get another pair of earplanes because for some reason, I only had three pairs in my bag and there are four of us:confused3. After that, I think I'll get a few snacks as I just realized we really don't have any time built into our intinerary for eating. Hmmmm. Our plane arrives in Houston at 5:53 and leaves for Orlando at 7:10. Not sure if that would give us time to grab a snack or not.

We land in Orlando at 10:25. We'll pick up our rental car and head to the La Quinta.

Saturday morning, we'll get up and head up to Vero Beach. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures of the Disney Resort. Still not sure if I should have booked that character meal as I don't think any of the ones at WDW have Max, but oh well. I just didn't want to have to hurry. As I keep telling Hannah, we can't have everything, no matter how much we would like to!

It was awesome to see one little ring hanging on our countdown chain this morning!! Single day dance!:dance3:

So now, I am not so patiently waiting for 5 o'clock so I can get the heck out of dodge and get my Disney on!!!

OMG! Was Donovan wearing a Nebraska Cornhuskers sweatshirt in that picture?? We are BIG Husker fans!!! My Jeep is decked out in Husker gear, which for us, living in the Buckeye state is HUGE!
Have a great time on your trip. I wish that we had a Shopko here!!! There are NONE in this state and no one here has ever even heard about it.

OMG! Was Donovan wearing a Nebraska Cornhuskers sweatshirt in that picture?? We are BIG Husker fans!!! My Jeep is decked out in Husker gear, which for us, living in the Buckeye state is HUGE!
Have a great time on your trip. I wish that we had a Shopko here!!! There are NONE in this state and no one here has ever even heard about it.

:thumbsup2 Yes!! We are big Husker fans too. I need to see where Suh went in the draft :) We're sure gonna miss him. Thanks for reading my PTR...stay tuned, we leave in 12 and a half hours!

I just started reading your report on the day you are leaving so I needed to post a quick post (before I even finished your report....I can do it while you are on your trip:cool1:) because I had to send you some PIXIE DUST big time
and wish you the very best trip!

Your title really hit me because our first family trip was after I beat cancer ( 4 years ago) and my kids are the same ages as yours. I am so excited to read your Pre-Trip.

Now, go enjoy yourself and kiss those beautiful kids as you dance your way through Disney!:thumbsup2

Hello! Chris
wanted to pop over and wish you and your family a safe trip...
have a great and magical time! hope we run into one another (we have 8:10 ressies at Tusker on Mon) I'll keep an eye out!
Have a magical time! pixiedust:

:jumping1: YOU LEAVE TODAY!!!! :jumping1:

Hi Chris! I found your PTR when you posted on my PTR. My internet was down for a few days so I just got to read your report now! PLEASE make a Trip Report & post tons of pics whenever you get back! My trip isn't until December & I soooo wish I was there right now! lol :)

Whenever I started reading your report, I started crying. It truly amazes me how much you have went through & your attitude is so incredible!!! You are so lucky to have such wonderful support from your husband & kids! CONGRATS on beating cancer!!!

Just about every type of cancer is in my family. My aunt actually was in remission for over 10 years, went through a horrible battle for about 2 years, and then sadly passed away. This was over 15 years ago, but whenever I read stories about cancer, I still think about what she went through. My grandfather also passed away 11 years ago after spending every holiday for an entire year in the long-term care ward at the hospital (after he suffered at home for a couple years). He tried to be so strong for us, but I wish he would have just let us take care of him. We were very lucky to have a great staff of nurses & doctors that actually took the time to become his friends instead of just thinking of him as another patient! It is amazing how much support strangers can provide! Anyway, enough about my family history, I just wanted to let you know that your story really made me remember my family. :)

I live in PA so our weather has been cold recently as well. During the day, it has been close to 60 or 70 some days, but in the mornings, evenings, and overnight, it is super chilly!!! I am very much ready for summer weather (or Disney weather!!!) The pictures of your South Dakota trip looked amazing! I have never been out West & thats a trip that I'd really like to make sometime!

Last year was my very first flight, so I relate to what your daughter is feeling right now!!! I couldn't sleep the night before my first flight & I think that made it worse. There were two young girls sitting across the aisle from me with their mom & she had them flap their arms while they took off...I was so scare that I flapped mine too! Yes, a grown woman flapping her arms on an airplane take-off!!! (I think she told them to pretend they were birds?) At the time, I didn't care what anyone else thought...I was just scared! BUT now that I have flown, I want to do it everyday (but can't afford to obviously!) I looooove flying now!!!! I would say to just give her something else to focus on...both the iPod and the portable DVD player should be enough to keep her mind off of the take-off & flight. I would say to let someone else sit by the window (unless she really wants to) because I think looking out the window makes you freak out more if you're already scared. Thats just my opinion from my own experience! I will say, now that I have flown to Florida, I will never drive over 20 hours to get there again!!! lol

I loved all the details about your shopping trips! I love Kohls & Target. Unfortunately there aren't many stores near me, so I have to drive at least 35 minutes to get to a shopping plaza. I think there are 4 Kohls & Targets within a 60 mile radius of where I live! I always find great deals on stuff for the kids there! I actually was at Kohls a few weeks ago & bought plain tshirts & tank tops for both myself & my son because I got a bunch of wonderful ideas from the DISigners!!! I, too, am very "budget conscious." I loved how you said that...it fits me perfectly! I love to shop & I love buying new things, but I just can't see paying retail price for anything!

Please make sure to update all of us after you get back from your trip! I can't wait to hear about the Character Meals! I've never done one before but plan to on our December trip this year. I'm sure your daughter will love eating at the Castle once you are there! There's something about Disney that is truly magical!!! :wizard:

Make sure to take some time just to sit & people watch...my husband and I do that every trip. I think its magical to watch other people with their kids/spouses/friends/family at Disney! Some of my best moments last trip were just watching other people's faces light up when they saw something for the first time (or even for the hundredth time! lol) There's just something about Disney that makes even the smallest things amazing!!!

Enjoy your trip!!!! It sounds like you have really great plans for the week!!! Can't wait to hear more about it once you return!

HAVE A WONDERFUL AND MAGICAL TRIP CHRIS AND FAMILY!!!!

Maybe we will "bump" into one another!! Enjoy your time together "celebrating"!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum

Have a safe, happy and fabulous trip. I am so excited to hear how it goes. Enjoy the moments. Take lots of pics. Say hi to Mickey for me!:cutie::cutie:

Hi all, we're back. Tired as can be. Trying to get my 2,000 pics loaded to my dinosaur of a computer, but as soon as I can, I'll start my TR, thanks for joining in!!!!

I just started reading your report on the day you are leaving so I needed to post a quick post (before I even finished your report....I can do it while you are on your trip:cool1:) because I had to send you some PIXIE DUST big time
and wish you the very best trip!

Your title really hit me because our first family trip was after I beat cancer ( 4 years ago) and my kids are the same ages as yours. I am so excited to read your Pre-Trip.

Now, go enjoy yourself and kiss those beautiful kids as you dance your way through Disney!:thumbsup2

Thanks for reading, so glad you beat cancer as well! It sure makes you happy and greatful to be alive!!!
:lovestruc

Hello! Chris
wanted to pop over and wish you and your family a safe trip...
have a great and magical time! hope we run into one another (we have 8:10 ressies at Tusker on Mon) I'll keep an eye out!
Have a magical time! pixiedust:

I hope you had a fabulous time! We sure did. Can't wait to read about your trip.

Hey! Chris
happy to hear you guys made it home safe! and had a wonderful time!
can't wait to read all about your trip...wow 2000 shots and I thought I had a lot with 966 :rotfl2:
I started my TR! the link is in my siggie...let us know when you start yours!

I'm sorry to hear you have had such a hard road with your family and cancer. I don't have much cancer at all in my family. I'm pretty much the only one. I hope and pray it stays that way. I LOL'd at your flapping your arms- hey, whatever works I say!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter