I Can't Believe We Ate the Whole Thing! 15 Nights of DDP with photos...!

More fantastic reviews Jenn - how lucky that you got to visit Le Cellier twice! I am defintiely having the strip steak when we go in August. The kid's steak looked good to - DS would like that :thumbsup2

I like the look of the CS offerings at Artist Palette too - very much looking forward to trying some of their CS meals soon :)

I just made our ADR's for Nov/Dec and booked us there twice again...;)

I almost feel like I ate along with you. It is lunch time and I work through lunch but I know feel full.:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Hi,

I just got down reading the whole report and wanted so say thanks we are going for our first trip and your reviews have helped me out alot I cdan't wait to go and eat now.

Again, they are excellent reviews! :thumbsup2 Please, keep them coming!

This is one awesome disney food report, Im soooooo hungry now lol :)

Thank you all for the lovely comments!!! I have to upload some more photos for the Mother's Day brunch and then post more ;)

WOW! I just found this thread and finished reading all your reviews (sorry, had to skip some of the comments, though-I had 25 pages to read!) What an amazing job you've done! :goodvibes You must have taken alot of notes. You certainly have put my DR from last Sept. to shame. :confused3 (I still need to post our final day) You did a great job with the photos, I think I missed about 1/2 of ours-I would get to involved in eating!:rotfl2:

Anyway, you sure have set the bar high for future reviewers, I can't wait to read the rest. Keep 'em coming.

I've taken some notes (well, really just cut 'n pasted) I think we'll have to use some of our CS at Artist Palette as well as Roaring Forks. They both sound like great CS choices. Last trip we found (on our last day) that Gasparilla Grill and Games at GF was a great choice for CS (we grabbed food for the plane ride home) and found that they are open all night! Great for grabbing a snack after a late night at MK! :cloud9:

Last trip the credits we had the hardest time using up were our CS. Couple of reasons were: shared meals and spent some days off-property (I know :confused: ). We too ended up using some for breakfasts and we even ended up treating several families to some meals :wizard: .

Again, thanks for the reviews-GREAT JOB!

Great minds think alike! We felt the same thing about the bbq glazed Tenderlion! But I loved the maple crem...I have a tooth of sweet and it is large!:)

I apparently missed a few pages and had to go back.

Love the pic of your son and his homemade cookie. Too cute! To me it looks like a caterpillar. (The cookie, not your son.)

The pretzel rods at Goofy's! YUM!!!! We can't wait to waste some CS credits there.

And that roast beef at Earl of Sandwich - hubby will love that! I buy the Boars Head horseradish sauce at our local grocery store and always put it on his roast beef sandwiches. I also like to dip steak in it. Can't wait for Earl's now. It's on our MUST-DO list for sure now.

When are you going in Nov/Dec? We'll be there Nov. 25 - Dec. 2. Hubby's bday is Dec. 1.

WOW! I just found this thread and finished reading all your reviews (sorry, had to skip some of the comments, though-I had 25 pages to read!) What an amazing job you've done! :goodvibes You must have taken alot of notes. You certainly have put my DR from last Sept. to shame. :confused3 (I still need to post our final day) You did a great job with the photos, I think I missed about 1/2 of ours-I would get to involved in eating!:rotfl2:

Anyway, you sure have set the bar high for future reviewers, I can't wait to read the rest. Keep 'em coming.

I've taken some notes (well, really just cut 'n pasted) I think we'll have to use some of our CS at Artist Palette as well as Roaring Forks. They both sound like great CS choices. Last trip we found (on our last day) that Gasparilla Grill and Games at GF was a great choice for CS (we grabbed food for the plane ride home) and found that they are open all night! Great for grabbing a snack after a late night at MK! :cloud9:

Last trip the credits we had the hardest time using up were our CS. Couple of reasons were: shared meals and spent some days off-property (I know :confused: ). We too ended up using some for breakfasts and we even ended up treating several families to some meals :wizard: .

Again, thanks for the reviews-GREAT JOB!

Thank you so much!!! I'm almost embarassed to say I did take notes...every time we'd come back to the room for the day, I'd quickly add everything to a word document to list what we had. The first few days I also added my review, but then I gave that up. I love food, so I knew I'd remember whether we liked it or not.

But that explains why I always "remember" what we drank, too :rotfl:

Is Gasparilla by the pool or the place over by the Mouseketeers Club? I always thought it was by the pool and that place only seemed to have a few sandwiches and such. I had never seen the other place until we took DS to the Cooking Adventure.

Great minds think alike! We felt the same thing about the bbq glazed Tenderlion! But I loved the maple crem...I have a tooth of sweet and it is large!:)

(I loved the maple too, to be honest...;) I Just liked the vanilla better, but with the Ice Wine I think I needed something lighter.

I apparently missed a few pages and had to go back.

Love the pic of your son and his homemade cookie. Too cute! To me it looks like a caterpillar. (The cookie, not your son.)

The pretzel rods at Goofy's! YUM!!!! We can't wait to waste some CS credits there.

And that roast beef at Earl of Sandwich - hubby will love that! I buy the Boars Head horseradish sauce at our local grocery store and always put it on his roast beef sandwiches. I also like to dip steak in it. Can't wait for Earl's now. It's on our MUST-DO list for sure now.

When are you going in Nov/Dec? We'll be there Nov. 25 - Dec. 2. Hubby's bday is Dec. 1.

HAAA!!!! I love "To me it looks like a caterpillar. (The cookie, not your son.)"

I am addicted to horseradish sauce! The EOS isn't very spicy so I like to get extra. It's a testament to how good the steaks I had were that I never once asked for h-radish sauce to dip.

We'll be there from 11/20 - 12/4 so we overlap!!! When are you doing the MVMCP? We have ADR's for Liberty Tree on the 25th to maybe go then, but we're undecided. I can only say it WON'T be a Friday or Saturday.

Up next will be Mother's Day - the Brunch at Epcot. I'm uploading the photos tonight and then after I finish my TR Mother's Day, I'll add the food photos here.

If you are EVER at WDW on Mother's Day, we highly highly recommend the brunch. We've done it a couple times now and it is so good!

This was the second time we went to the Mother's Day Brunch at Epcot - we loved it the first time and knew we'd be going back. It was 2 TS credits for each person or approx $50 for adults and $20 for kids.

This is the All ears menu:

World ShowPlace Pavilion (located between the United Kingdom pavilion and the Canada pavilion) at Epcot from 9:00am to 3:00pm

Assorted fresh baked pastries, bagels, and breakfast breads.
Prepared to order omelet station
Pasta action stations
Array of fresh spring salads
Carved to order roasted strip loin of beef
Grilled salmon
Roasted chicken
Buttered new potatoes.

An assortment of desserts.

Children's buffet will be available featuring traditional children's favorites.

Beverages include coffee, decaffeinated coffee, tea, soft drinks, assorted juices and milk and are included with the meal.

Each adult age 21 and over will be offered a complimentary glass of champagne at the beginning of their meal. Additional glasses of champagne, beer and wine will also be available for purchase.

There will be a strolling guitarist entertaining throughout the dining room.

end of allears

The reception area where we waited after checking in had water, coffee and doughnuts. It also had Jack Sparrow, Pirate Mickey and Princess Minnie available for photos.

Once we were seated, we were offered champagne. I had a glass and mixed it with some orange juice for a mimosa. The room was decorated to look Medieval with the main buffet surrounding a castle, flowers all over, and Cinderella's castle waiting on the side:

BCV5-13-07MDBIV.jpg

BCV5-13-07MDBVII.jpg

There were several buffets with breakfast foods and several with luncheon foods. In addition, there are also several made to order stations:

carved meats - New York Strip Roast and a Cinnamon spiced rubbed pork tenderloin

Pasta - several premade pastas (alfredo and marinara) and others made to order

Omelet - what else? Omelets! Lots of ingredients, and if she didn't have what you wanted, you could bring items from the rest of the buffet to put in your omelet.

Crepes - freshly made crepes to order

Mickey Waffles - a CM constantly making Mickey waffles, served with a huge bowl of berries, whipped cream, whipped butter and syrup.

The first place DS and I went was to the Waffle station:

BCV5-13-07MDBVIII.jpg

And my finished product (sorry so blurry!)

BCV5-13-07MDBrunchI.jpg

DS got some too - he opted for syrup on his, with berries on the side.

These were heavenly! They were about 3 minutes old when I ate them, the whipped cream was fresh and the berries were perfect. I could have eaten an entire plate of this alone - but there were too many other options out there!

DH's breakfast plate:

BCV5-13-07MDBrunchII.jpg

scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, and biscuits with sausage gravy. He liked everything he had here, but was really holding out for the NY Strip.

My breakfast plate:

BCV5-13-07MDBrunchIV.jpg

Sausage (good, firm and non scary. Also not greasy), bacon - perfectly crisp, breakfast potatoes - eh. Boring. Dry and not hot and boring. Coffee cake - like a moise white cake with a berry filling. Very good. And my made to order omelet: ham, onion, and cheese. I love made to order omelets. They can get the eggs perfectly dry and what's not to love about cheese? The only thing wrong with omelets at a buffet is that the protein fills me up and I have to pass on other lovely things.

Here is another to see the inside of the omelet:

BCV5-13-07MDBrunchVI.jpg

DS's breakfast plate - we call this "DS's Plate O' Meat":

BCV5-13-07MDBrunchIII.jpg

This is what happens when I let him get his own food...:rolleyes:

To prevent myself from getting a rep as a mom who lets her son eat unlimited pork products with nothing healthy, I'd like to add that he also ate tons of fruit and some eggs that I forgot to take a photo of. ;)

DH's lunch plate:

BCV5-13-07MDBrunchV.jpg

The lovely NY Strip with horseradish cream, a roll, green beans and antipasto.

DH loved his strip and the roll and beans were good. He liked the antipasto very much, but when he gave it to me to try he gave me a huge chunk of salami. I was expecting it to be a tomato, so it threw me. But the salad overall was good.

My lunch plate:

BCV5-13-07MDBrunchVII.jpg

NY Strip and horseradish cream, green beans, tortellini alfredo with shredded parmesan/asiago (from the pasta station), Caesar salad with chili croutons, and a combination of antipasto and a greek feta salad.

Everything was wonderful!!!

I also picked up a few desserts to share:

BCV5-13-07MDBrunchVIII.jpg

The creamy one was a tiramisu type dessert and the other was mixed fruit with a cassis sauce. I don't know if you can tell, but they are tiny. About two tablespoons in each. The perfect way to try lots of desserts, in my opinion.

DS also got to decorate a cookie for me (I don't know what happened to it ... DS may have eaten it?)

BCV5-13-07MDBrunchIX.jpg

They had tons of sugar cookies, lots of tubes full of different colored frosting, sprinkles, sugar, etc. He had a ball!

BCV5-13-07MDBrunchX.jpg

We had eaten so much at this point that even though the dessert table was gorgeous, we only wanted a few tastes. I asked DH to just pick out a few things for us. Here is DH's plate:

BCV5-13-07MDBrunchXII.jpg

eclair, cannolli, and a cheesecake. All three were mini sized and very good.

The plate DH got me:

BCV5-13-07MDBrunchXI.jpg

And eclair and a made to order crepe with chocolate sauce and ice cream. The crepe was so fresh and hot that the ice cream was almost all melted by the time he brought it back.

All in all, this was just excellent and as we're going to move our usual May trip to July next year :scared1: so we can do a Grand Gathering with my dad, his wife, my niece and nephew, brother and sister in law, this will be our last MD Brunch until 2009 :sad1:

If you have any questions about what else was there or anything else, please ask. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for posting. I started reading the thread and now I have read the whole thing!:rotfl: My DH and DS both kept coming in and seeing what food pics you have posted!!!!

It is our first trip on the DDP and we are all hungry for WDW food now!!!

I should never look at this thread until I've had breakfast.

We've got MVMCP tickets for Nov. 27th. I wanted to stay away from the weekend and figured Tuesday night was a good option. We didnt book an ADR for that night. The plan is to head to ESPN for a late lunch early dinner before heading over to MK for the party.

WOW!!!! Now I wish we had done that! The other people in our group didn't want to shell out that kind of $ for a buffet. I am almost tempted to send your review to them. Just to make them mad! :stir:

The buffet looks wonderful!!!! My mouth is watering right now! Thanks for such a great review!

Oh my gosh - I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your food report! I love plenty of food pics! I can't wait until I go for the first time in August. We will be on the DDP for 10 days :)

It's now 11.30pm here in the UK and I am soooo hungry for some steak! I just showed my DBF a photo of a pepperoni flatbread and the bottomless shakes (he's most looking forward to WCC and Ohana) - so we're both going to bed tonight with rumbly tummies! Oh well, only 61 days until we leave for Florida (Oh my, I just realised it's 72 til we set foot on Disney property!)

Thanks so much for posting. I started reading the thread and now I have read the whole thing!:rotfl: My DH and DS both kept coming in and seeing what food pics you have posted!!!!

It is our first trip on the DDP and we are all hungry for WDW food now!!!

The buffet looks wonderful!!!! My mouth is watering right now! Thanks for such a great review!

Great Reviews - Love the photos too!

Thank you all!!!

Yum, yum, yummy Jenn :thumbsup2 Your omelet looks so good.

It was! Even you would have loved it, I'll bet ;)

I should never look at this thread until I've had breakfast.

We've got MVMCP tickets for Nov. 27th. I wanted to stay away from the weekend and figured Tuesday night was a good option. We didnt book an ADR for that night. The plan is to head to ESPN for a late lunch early dinner before heading over to MK for the party.

That's the other date we're thinking about. I just definitely didn't want a Fri or Sat. Maybe we'll see you there :thumbsup2

WOW!!!! Now I wish we had done that! The other people in our group didn't want to shell out that kind of $ for a buffet. I am almost tempted to send your review to them. Just to make them mad! :stir:

It is a lot of money for a regular buffet, but this was more like an event - so good!!!

Oh my gosh - I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your food report! I love plenty of food pics! I can't wait until I go for the first time in August. We will be on the DDP for 10 days :)

It's now 11.30pm here in the UK and I am soooo hungry for some steak! I just showed my DBF a photo of a pepperoni flatbread and the bottomless shakes (he's most looking forward to WCC and Ohana) - so we're both going to bed tonight with rumbly tummies! Oh well, only 61 days until we leave for Florida (Oh my, I just realised it's 72 til we set foot on Disney property!)

Welcome Hayley! I just popped over to read your pretrippie and WOW! You're a planner too!! I have to go post on it now...!

The shakes at WCC are so good - wonderful ice cream and chocolate sauce. Mmmmmmm....!

I had been dying to try this for CS and after we had eaten so much for brunch, we really weren't hungry enough for Boma for dinner. So we cancelled our ADR there and decided to wander through DTD West Side and Pleasure Island, stop at Cooke's of Dublin for dinner, and then Goofy's to use up our VWL snack credits.

(For those of you keeping track, we now have 8 snack credits and 5 CS credits to use up by midnight).

DH was not excited or not NOT excited about this. He loves fish and chips from England at Epcot, so he was okay going. DS didn't care. And I was dying to try the Doh Bars and I thought the sausages were the same everyone here has posted from Raglan Road. Intriguing!

So I ordered Mini Battered Sausage and Chips, a diet coke with a little lemonade mixed in, and a Doh Bar

DH ordered a special they had: battered shrimp and chips, a coke, and a Doh Bar

DS got the kids fish and chips, lemonade and a Doh Bar

BCV5-13-07Cookes.jpg

My sausages were served with tartar sauce (...??? :scared1: ) and tasted like deep fried cut up hot dogs. I really really REALLY wanted to like these a lot more than I did. The best way to describe them is like a corndog with batter instead of cornbread. And I am squiggy about hot dogs so these made me nervous. The sausages are the basket on the bottom of the tray.

Upper left corner: battered shrimp and chips. The shrimp was okay - served with cocktail sauce. But there was no flavor to the batter. I don't know what I was expecting (beer, maybe?) but it was...boring?

Upper right corner: fish and chips. This was great. Loved the fish! So did DS, thank goodness - he ate the whole thing after I tasted it. Of course he ate it with ketchup (GACK! :scared: ) but he ate it.

The chips? Again...boring. Dry and no flavor. I doused mine in salt, pepper and malt vinegar, but it didn't help much.

Now on to the Doh Bars:

BCV5-13-07CookesII.jpg

Now this is important: Mine is the middle one.

These are battered and deep fried Snickers. It was a strange taste, but good. The candy bar was all melted and delicious and the batter was good with it. I couldn't get past the thought of how horribly bad for me the dessert was, but it was good!! :thumbsup2

DH and DS? Didn't agree. They ate a few bites of theirs and put them down.

Here is DS's reaction:

BCV5-13-07CookesIII.jpg

I couldn't figure out what they didn't like about theirs until I looked closer. Mine was overdone - the batter had split and the candy bar was showing. Theirs were pretty and perfect. And medium rare.

:scared:

Yup, their Doh Bars were oozing liquid batter. When they tried their candy bars, they both got mouthfuls of floury goo along with the melted candy. :sad2:

Overall, not a highlight, but we did try a new restaurant and we still had 2 CS credits to use. Now, we would be hungry for them! :thumbsup2

Just read your whole report and it was great! Pictures were fabulous. We had a similar experience as you at Cooke's of Dublin. We were really looking forward to it and it was a disappointment. One of the few we have ever had at Disney. Soggy fish and chips suppers almost inedible. We will not be back for a while, too many other great places to go.

Just got all caught up on your reviews-

That Hugs cheesecake looks yummy- I may have to make a trip over to SSR next time!

Something about the phrase "Pasta action stations" makes me giggle.

Interested to see how you use up all of those credits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter