I could use some suggestions/help to help with a non-park day

Canadian Harmony

DIS Veteran
You are all the experts, and I'm a little conflicted about our options for Kennedy Space Center.

We are a family of four (2 teenage girls), and money is a bit of a consideration when planning the trip we have coming in August. We'd like to go to KSC and when I look online, there are two options which would work for us on our expected dates.
One is a day ticket to the site for $80.25pp. We'd need transport there from WDW (DS?) so the round trip bus is $79pp. The total is $159.25pp. The one day ticket includes:
  • 1-day pass to Kennedy Space Center
    • Gateway™: The Deep Space Launch Complex featuring Spaceport KSC
    • Space Shuttle Atlantis® and the Shuttle Launch Experience®
    • Kennedy Space Center Bus Tour
    • Apollo/Saturn V Center
    • Heroes and Legends featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame®
    • Astronaut Encounter
    • Planet Play
    • Rocket Garden guided tours
    • Journey to Mars
    • 3D Space Films
    • LEGO® Build to Launch
    • Character Appearances
    • Other scheduled presentations and films
The other option is Admission & Explore Tickets with the round trip transfers. That is $189pp. That includes:
  • KSC Explore Tour
    • Ride with a space expert
    • Tour of America’s multi-user spaceport
    • Once-in-a-lifetime photo ops
    • View of spaceflight icons like Vehicle Assembly Building and historic Launch Complex 39
  • General Admission ticket inclusions
Is the Explore Tour worth the extra $30?

Also, the pickup area is the Swan at 7:10am (!). We're staying at AKL-Jambo - how do we get to the Swan that early in the morning? Would it be better to take a Lyft instead? Or even rent a car for the day - $316 for a round trip bus which isn't convenient for pickup or time is a little excessive to me. Renting a car and paying for parking might be a better option?

Also, the prices for food there - how much would you suggest we budget for breakfast and lunch?

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Have you searched for discounts ?
AAA or Teacher or military?
I would probably choose to drive to get their early for better parking Space plus the drive is not bad . Plus I got some pictures in advance while waiting for facility to Open for the day. 019D7A20-B528-483E-8100-BB03E9AC4897.jpeg

And I am certain we were glad we booked the Explore Tickets
So much to do for the single day trip…

Last edited:
You can rent a car for $100 plus gas at the car care center. They will pick up the driver from your resort for free. You can also stop for breakfast on the way out there, then budget $20/pp for lunch and snacks at the visitor center.

Thank you! Love the photo! I had no idea they'd pick up the driver from the resort - that's super helpful!

I do have a discount program I might be able to use to get a discount on entry tickets. Costco travel has a car rental for $80, so I think we may rent a car for each of our Saturday away-from-parks days we're there.

Any suggested breakfast places for the drive between WDW and KSC?

Thank you all! I have rented a car from the CCC and we'll head out on each of our Saturdays via private car.

Our first trip is to the speedway to see cars go down a long road really quick. Apparently, it's my spouse's trip too.. who knew?

The next Saturday we're going to KSC and having a meal with an astronaut (I was able to get a smoking deal on tickets through my work portal!). I've rented another vehicle for the day and will pick up and return to the CCC.

Anyway, once we return the car to the CCC, how do we get to Disney Springs for a dinner there?

Thank you all! I have rented a car from the CCC and we'll head out on each of our Saturdays via private car.

Our first trip is to the speedway to see cars go down a long road really quick. Apparently, it's my spouse's trip too.. who knew?

The next Saturday we're going to KSC and having a meal with an astronaut (I was able to get a smoking deal on tickets through my work portal!). I've rented another vehicle for the day and will pick up and return to the CCC.

Anyway, once we return the car to the CCC, how do we get to Disney Springs for a dinner there?

When we rented from the CCC they took us anywhere on Disney property when we dropped off the car, so I'd guess they'd take you to Disney Springs. If not, get them to drop you at any resort hotel and take a bus from there (or boat from OKW or POFQ). Another option would be drop off in the Congress Park area of SSR and walk over to DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter