• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I decided on the Candy cane Inn

Jager_mom

Mouseketeer
I don't know about the rest of our family but we are going to stay one night there, Mil has aarp and it is only 92.00 before taxes....NOt bad.

Can anybody tell me about thier stay at the CCI?
TIA

Other thatn the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian, it is by far my favorite. And since I rarely spring loose of the bucks to stay on property, I have stayed at the Candy Cane many times. Every time I venture out and stay somewhere else, I regret it. The Candy Cane is clean, comfortable, freshly decorated, has a nice pool and a nice breakfast. I have never been disappointed there.

I was there Sept 17-24, and loved it, the staff was top notch, the grounds were impeccable and quaint, the rooms were beautiful, and with the continental breakfast and free shuttle, I'll be back!! Oh, can't forget the fresh baked cookies from Debra (sales manager) on my friend's birthday either!

Jules

Loved it! If you aren't staying on-site - it's the place to stay, IMHO. Loved the breakfast, shuttle, rooms, staff - everything. I will always recommend it to anyone going there! Have no worries - you'll really enjoy your stay.

I loved it too, I was there in August. Great shuttle, great breakfast, very clean.

I just booked 8 nights there for this June! Was really wanting to stay at our favorite, the Disneyland Hotel but staying at the CC Inn saved us $1000. I was surprised at how much the good neighbor hotels were also wanting. The Sheraton wanted $165 a night, basically the same as Paradise Pier. I Cannot justify spending that much for a hotel room we won't be in that much. It also drives me nuts that the Disneyland website was wanting the full $1900 right now. I can see a one night deposit but all up front is crazy. Does anybody know if the Candy Cane Inn has a laundry facility and what its like (how many washers etc?).

Stay there everytime we go...love it and will not stay anywhere else unless I win the lottery and can stay at the Disneyland Hotel!

Amy&Dan said:
I just booked 8 nights there for this June! Was really wanting to stay at our favorite, the Disneyland Hotel but staying at the CC Inn saved us $1000. I was surprised at how much the good neighbor hotels were also wanting. The Sheraton wanted $165 a night, basically the same as Paradise Pier. I Cannot justify spending that much for a hotel room we won't be in that much. It also drives me nuts that the Disneyland website was wanting the full $1900 right now. I can see a one night deposit but all up front is crazy. Does anybody know if the Candy Cane Inn has a laundry facility and what its like (how many washers etc?).
Hey, didn't you just get back from a DLR visit? Just can't get enough, huh?

You might remember we did a four day trip last August. I did not expect to be returning until 2007, but we got an exchange student for the year and are traveling to CA for Thanksgiving. We decided to go for a day trip TG week, probably on Wed. We got a good deal on one-day parkhopper tickets.

HydroGuy said:
Hey, didn't you just get back from a DLR visit? Just can't get enough, huh?

You might remember we did a four day trip last August. I did not expect to be returning until 2007, but we got an exchange student for the year and are traveling to CA for Thanksgiving. We decided to go for a day trip TG week, probably on Wed. We got a good deal on one-day parkhopper tickets.

That's the problem with posting my plans, everybody knows how addicted we are (and sadly it goes deeper than these two Disneyland trips)! I actually got a great package on hotel and airfare through Expedia and we are now booked at the Embassy Suites in Garden Grove. Have fun in November!

Love CCI! It really does look just like the photos in the web site. Breakfasts offer many choices, staff is great, beds are comfy, basically.... I highly recommend it! And even if Amy&Dan have changed their plans... if anyone else is interested, they do have a laundry facility. If I remember correctly about 4 washers and dryers. Worked very well for us, as we got rained on and had to dry some jackets & jeans out one evening.

I am actually disappointed to not be staying at the Candy Cane! But the deal I got on Expedia ended up saving me around $400 by booking airfare and hotel together. One of these days I will finally get to try the CCI out (hopefully)!

Candy Cane is our "sure bet". We may have other reasons to stay other places (onsite or a phenomenal priceline rate elesewhere), but when those reasons don't exist, we go CCI.

Clean, reliable, quiet, comfy. Never had a bad stay. :sunny:

Another thumbs up for the CCI. They also have free WIFI internet, but only in the pool, dining room and lobby area. However, I was able to get a signal on my laptop sitting in a little park bench that's across the driveway from the office. I could also get a signal in my car, parked near the office.

we stayed there a couple of weeks ago for 3 nights and that is where I will book again. We loved the grounds and the free shuttle and breakfast saved us $. as there were 9 of us.

I am new to the whole DL area experience - always have done WDW in the past - can someone point me in the place to start to look up prices or ressies at the Candy Cane Inn? Is there a web site?
Thanks.

Go to Candy Cane Inn dot net. IF you try to book a package through Disney or a travel agent, they will only let you book 4 people per room, but if you book directly through CCI, you can get 5 people per room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter