I did not know that DVC/DCL have different cash prices....

"Got Disney"

<font color=blue>They’re like Lays chips...just ca
Hi Everyone...

I always new that using your pts for a DC was not your best bang for your bucks. However, was planning on using them to do a back to back Mexican Riviera cruise...paying for one and using pts for the other.

Well the points are not out yet although do have a booking through them. They told me that there prices are different then what DCL prices are.

I have been quoted by DCL that my one son will be $1526.00 and my other son is $ 1326.00. DVC told me that the prices could be significantly higher, that if we chose to use pts for my Dh and I and pay cash for the boys....he said sometimes they are lower than DCL but not usually, that the norm is higher mostly on special cruises...well why is that:confused3

Have any of you used your pts and also pd cash for other members in your family?

I am soooo stunned by this....I new about the $75.00 but not this!!!
He was talking like they have nothing to do with Disney that DVC is an independent company...We have 1200 pts to use but figured we would just save some for DL...

Hope someone can help me with this....Thanks and have a great day

DVC is a separate operating company under the Disney umbrella, and must negotiate independently with WDW resorts, DL resorts, Disney-Paris, Disney-Tokyo, Disney-Hong Kong, etc. Just like they negotiate with the other off-site options that aren't included in II.

It depends upon the "deal" they were able to negotiate with DCL.

So it's more inexpensive $$-wise to book DCL through DCL versus booking DCL via MS? :confused:

I priced a 4 n. cruise on the DCL website - first with 2 adults & 1 child & then I backed our DS out & found the price for 2 adults, figuring that the diff. was his cost. Then I called the DVC MS (cruise dept.) & got a price for our son and their price for him was about $300 more than thru DCL. I mentioned this to my guide last week when he called about the AKV and he said that shouldn't be the case - that they should be the same...and that whenever I am finally ready to book it I should discuss it further w/ MS if it comes out that way again. (If it does happen that way again I will also be contacting him as well.) I don't know how MS does their member cash prices for the cruises - but we shouldn't have to pay an add'l cost up and above the DCL price. I think that's really screwy. :confused3

We really want to go in 2008, but for curiosity sake I checked both just a 4 n. cruise and a "Land & Sea" combo on the DCL site against the 2007 pt. charts...if the charts don't change radically, we have enough pts. to cover 3 n. at SSR and the 4 n. cruise for 2 adults and then can pay cash for our DS - although I'm not happy that their price was $300 more. BUT the other option we will price once the charts are out will be to consider paying cash with the DVC member discount for the 3 n at a resort and use all of our pts. for the 3 of us on the cruise... I think that is probably a cheaper option if we can get by w/o having to borrow too many pts. from our next UY (I don't mind banking but don't want to start borrowing heavily). I know there's a lot of ppl out there who will argue that it's not a good idea to use pts. for the cruises - I don't have so many issues with that - but I DO have a problem with this higher cash price thing...

So we'll see. I keep checking the DVC member website for the new 2008 pt. charts...all it says is that they should be avail. in early Feb. and I keep thinking it IS early Feb.!!!! :goodvibes

I asked MS what the points were for the regular summer(peak season) points are for 2007 through the Carribian for a CAT 6 and this is what she gave me....

Adults..325 pts...if you pay cash...$2,458
Kids 14 older...219....$1,570
Kids under 12...189...$1,370

I was given a cash price of this for 2008 Mexican Riviera CAT 6 with DCL.....

2 Adults ...$2,516.65
Child 13 and up....$1,526.65
Child 12 and under....$1,326.65

thsi is just to give you an idea on pricing...and pts. There is only about $100 per person difference from the Carribian to the Mexican Riviera so hopefully we will not get point shock or cash shock when they come out....

Im hoping that it will look like this or less...

Adults...375
!3 and up....250
12 and under....200

This will = 1200 pts at that is what we have to use...or we may pay cash for the kids.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter