I did this on our trip for my 5 and 7 1/2 year olds...

Snow Brite

<font color=green>Star bright, Snow Brite...no wai
I packed everything for them. I found lots of Disney tee shirts at Value Village (like Goodwill or Salvation Army store) and shorts and packed them all up. We don't wear shorts here very often so I did't have to pack anything they were currently using in their drawers. I also went a little crazy and got new Disney toothbrushes, toothpaste, undies, socks and the like and packed all that. The month before I got them each new tennies and sandals "for the summer" so they could break them in.

Our flight left at 1am, so I woke them at 9:30pm, got them dressed (in Disney outfits) and into the truck (where the luggage already was). Thy went back to sleep and never even asked me what we were doing, but that might have to do with us doing crazy stuff all the time anyways.

They figured it out at the airport when we were checking their Disney suitcases and I handed them each a new Disney backpack for the plane trip. I LOVED the way they were surprised.

My daughter is in Second Grade and I had spoke with her teacher before we went. Her teacher was all for the trip and sent home her Math and Spelling workbooks for her "to do a little extra work tonite". My friend whose daughter is also in her class said everyone in the class was all abuzz that Emma was on a surprise trip to WDW.

Great fun and saved me the "How may more days (hours, minutes)" questions as well as being able to plan the trip without lots and lots of requests bogging it all down.

Have fun!

Jennifer

We did that with my DS on a weekend jaunt to StLouis one February. It's an 8 hour drive or so from here so we left about 10 pm on a Friday nite & he was asleep - just tossed him in the car. He was really surprised the next morning (at that time going to the Arch was his FAVORITE trip! - we went about 11 times when he was growing up).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter