I don't want to wait a whole year, so.....

Hey Barb...this sounds good...I am sending you a pm....check ok?

If there's one thing I LOVE to do, it's make hotel reservations! :D So, I reserved a room at the Comfort Inn, Pottstown for July 26 & 27. If the dates change, I'll make a new reservation!

I have to make travel plans for either the week before or the week after Barb-Con...so I hope to see other DISers along the eastern seaboard. :)

Me, too, Nancy. I love making travel plans! Boy, you sure moved fast! :)
Wow! This is going to be so cool. I can't believe you all are trying to do this!!!!!!! Now I can't wait for July!
Steve, do you want me to book a room or do you want to wait and see where you're living first? LMK :D

Let me see what happens firstest, Barb. So, I know this has been addressed before somewhere in the note, but is Erie the closest airport to Barto?

If you're flying, the closest and most convenient airport to me is Allentown, PA. The next closest is Philly, which is about a hour to a hour 1/2 away depending on time of time and traffic.
I just called the Comfort Inn to inquire about some sort of group rate. I estimated about 6 rooms. She said they don't start group rates until we need 10 rooms. So she recommended that everyone just make their own reservations. Using AAA or AARP would get you a rate of $71 a night.(is that what you got Nancy or did you do better?) She also said the hotel was completely remodeled last year and the continental breakfast (as Nancy mentioned) was upgraded to include a make your waffle station. I've been over there a few times and it a nice place. Here's the phone number directly to the hotel: 610-326-5000
I also called the local mom & pop motel (the Mel Dor Hotel).A room with a queen is $48 plus tax. A room with 2 doubles is $51 plus tax. They do have availability as of right now. Phone #610-367-2626
They do have a continental breakfast, but no pool. (the Comfort Inn has a heated outdoor pool) I haven't had to stay there in years, but I'm told it's kept up nice and it's clean.
Oh, boy-we're making plans now! I even have a friend who runs a butcher shop/meat market lined up for food! :D

Not a huge difference in price, but if you make your Comfort Inn reservations online (at www.comfortinn.com ) - there's a "Home for the Holidays" rate that's $69 for a room with 2 double beds.

I LOVE making plans! It's half the fun of going on a trip. :D

me thinks this event requires a countdown....lol

I am getting excited to see everyone......Hopefully, we can leave here on Friday....Ok, can you tell I am excited Barb? Hey speaking of, where is Thelma anyways? Or is she Louise? I know I am the cuter one....but I best be nice, she is providing the transportation. :D

Actualy flying into Allentown makes things a whole lot easier, pricewise and timewise. If I was going to have to fly into Erie, I would have to make stops in Houston and Detroit. Yucky!

Book me a room at the "Ott Motel" We'll probably be there a few days early, I don't know when we'd leave because we'll probably drive up to CT to visit Kim.
Just an FYI for everyone else...we've stayed in the Comfort Inn many times and it's really nice. It's also very easy to get to Barb's from there. For those that are into history, Valley Forge is pretty close. This sounds like it's going to be tons of fun. The kids are getting really excited.( So am I, for that matter!!)

Man you guys are further than Disney from me. How about you all come to Texas. We can meet in San Anotnio and do Six Flags, Sea World, Shlitterbahn (HUGE WATER PARK)... Tool the River Walk and have a general good time plus since we are smack in the middle of the country lots and lots of people can find us...HEHE Airfare is pretty good too since they are one of the convention capitols of the states....

HEHE Please? I wanna play with everyone promise to even bring Britt...

figgy

There's a lady that stands in a harbor for what we believe,
and a bell that still echos with the price that is cost to be free.
-- Aaron Tippen

Now that I've gone on record as preferring July 27-28....I almost forgot that the 27th will be my grandma's 100th birthday, if she lives that long! So...if she's still alive then, guess I'll be in FL to celebrate her birthday. If not...I'll be in Barto! :)

Yikes, Nancy! You are my first "official" attendee. You already have your room ressie! Well, I guess we'll just wait and see what happens.

Figgy - I would dearly love to bring my family down to San Antonio. I was there for a convention in June 1997 and had the best time strolling around Riverwalk and The Alamo. I just might have a hard time selling them on going just for a DISmeet though.

no no you are going about it wrong.. You sell them on the water park, six flags, and sea world and say ohhhh and by the way ...HEHE

figgy

Actually, Figgy, I've seen the water park on TV, and if I'm not mistaken it was rated #1 by the Travel Channel. I'd love to get there some day!!!!! But, you can only push a spouse so far and then they tend to put their foot down-hard! ;) ;) :D I'm already working on Ohio and Cape Cod. He'd sue for divorce if I asked about Texas, too!!!!!!!!! :D :D

OK is this July 27th and 28th? I need to know these things! I may be "wandering" out there, I fired off a warning flare to Ellen today, she may join me :) Not sure of anything for sure but I would like to attend:D

Yes, Patrick, July 27 and 28th. It would be great if you could come. It would be nice to have more representatives from the Chicago area!!! I'm sure Glo and Marsha would be thrilled, too! :D :D

I dunno.....hey Marsha...what do you think? Do we want him there?
How about he send Ellen and he can stay behind......hmmmmmm ;)

Ok...ok.... I was only fooling...of course I want you to come out and play Patrick. Marsha will probably reprimand me now for being mean to ya! geez!!! Just warn your poor DW about us ok?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter