I finally made my ressies for ASMo!!!!

jewelray

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, after hemming and hawing I finally bit the bullet and put a deposit down on my next WDW trip for April 2003. My 9 year old dd and I are going to stay at the ASMo!!! I am so excited and I hope the resort lives up to the posts I've read here. I've only stayed at moderates so far and while I felt they were nice, I wasn't knocked off my socks by them either. I am so excited and am counting down the days!!!! We did request the Fantasia Bldg mainly because my dd loves sorceror mickey and the whole theme. Any suggestions are welcome and maybe I'll get lucky and find a code to apply during that time.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hi jewelray, Karen here. You will love All Star Movies. Request room numbers 5709 or 5710. they are on the corner of fantasia building nearest to the pool. Perfect location if you ask me.!! Congrats on going again. We leave next thursday for our cruise. Can't wait. Hope to actually meet up with you some day.

We've been lucky enough to have stayed at the All Star Movies twice now, and we love this hotel!!!! We're a family of five, so the All-Stars are normally not for us, but we've traveled twice while my oldest daughter was in college (late Nov/early Dec). Even though we normally stay at the moderates and deluxes, the Movies is definitely DISNEY!!!

So far, we've stayed in the Love Bug and 101 Dalmations! Both were very close to the food court/bus stop; and both were very quiet. We never heard anything outside!!! The large icons are so neat! My five yr old especially loved the area by 101 Dalmations - every time we passed to go to the room or from the room, she had to stop by the TV and play like she was on TV and talk with the little puppy there. It was really cute!

Also, I found that the All-Star bus service is great!!! I would highly recommend the Movies; we would not hesitate to stay there again!!!! Its a real family favorite!!!! The popcorn lights in the room were so cute!!! Enjoy your stay!!!

Hi Karen, it's so nice to hear from you again and I do hope we can meet up one day which is bound to happen since we both keep coming back. I am going through Dreams Unlimited this time around because I joined the DC so I'll be sure to put in a request with them for those room #'s. The more I think about it, the more I am sure I will love it there. Thanks for your vote of confidence. Have fun on the cruise and be sure to let us know the low down on it. I wanted to do it myself this April but the prices are too high at that time so maybe next year I'll go in Sept or Aug.

Jewelray,

My family and I are planning our first trip to Disney. We will be there from April 2- April 18. We are also staying at The AllStar Movies Resort. We have been planning our trip for the last few months and have heard alot of good things about it so I hope we have made a good choice. When are you going? Maybe we will see you there.

Hi Looking4Magic, I will be there 4/19 through 4/26 so we won't be able to see each other :( You will have a wonderful time and be sure to follow the tips you see that interest you on these boards as they are truly lifesavers. Buy yourself a good guidebook, have a plan and don't forget to just have fun!!! Hope you have a great first time.:sunny:

We too had previously stayed at a moderate, DXL. While we liked it and had no problems( obviously since we went back a second time) there was nothing that really struck us as WOW, this is great!. Then last year we stayed at ASMO and fell in love. Its awesome! Just so much Disney everywhere. Seeing the kids faces light up everytime we went outside was great. Sure DXL was nice but what would a kid prefer...a river and nice landscaping or a 3 story tall Buzz & Woody? A plain pool or an ice rink pool with Goofy as the goalie? Cant wait to get back there in 5 short days! ;)

All Star Movies Cheerleader here! You are going to love it! I was were there Easter 2001 with my sister, sister-in-law, niece (7), & niece (15). It was incredible! My 7 year old niece is a complete Toy Story fanatic and the look on her face when she saw that we were staying in the Toy Story section was beyond priceless! I will never forget that look when she walked through the door to "Andy's Room"!

Easter week is one of the busiest times, but we found the bus service to be excellent! Much better than at the moderates during slow times.

My best advice is to always come back to the room during the day to relax for a while! Even though we were tired after a morning at the parks... we always cheered up arriving back at the ASMOs. The atmosphere is just so great, you just can't help but smile! :D

When planning our trip next year I asked if anyone wanted to stay at another resort and I got a huge resounding "NO"! LOL!

We will be there again Easter 2003 (April 19 - April 25)! We can't wait! :D

Thanks for all the positive feedback about ASMo. I feel so much better about my decision now. I'm so excited I can't wait!!!!

Neeter we'll be there 4/19 - 4/26 too maybe we'll run into each other. I have a 9 yr old dd and it will just be her and I. I also requested the Fantasia section as my daughter loves Mickey! Hope to maybe run into you. :earsgirl:

Hi! Stayed there in Jan and loved it!

The convenience will not be beat for you and your daughter! The two of you will have plenty of space in the room. The food court,pools, pool bar, arcade, store, hairwrapping, buses- all excellent! Mousekeeping was great- did cute things with our stuffed animals and made towel animals!

After staying at ASMo, we did stay at CBR in May. While I loved it there, the price difference didn't make it worthwhile for our family. We did not use- coffee maker, hairdryer, iron, extra sink (I swear), sit-down rest, hot tub. I did go down the pool slide once!!! I did love CBR for the theming, large room, quiet pool.

Bottom line, I don't think you will be disappointed! Fantasia is a very pretty section!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter