i found this interesting

thanks for posting this link. very interesting article. all the information is so confusing and conflicting. for every report i read that says it is genetic, i read another one that says not genetic but environmental. who knows?

we are in the process of getting an official diagnosis, though we know my son is on the spectrum. i have been researching and reading everything i can get my hands on about autism. all i seem to be doing is getting myself very confused. i read a book a couple weeks ago that says that a child cannot have autism and ADHD at the same time. though my doctor says different. like i said...very confusing.

Worm, our diagnosis was autism, with secondard ADHD. I kinda blew off the ADHD diagnosis, honestly, it seemed like a "duh". I do remember our dr telling us that the ADHD that goes with autism is not exactly the same as "regular" ADHD, which may be what your book was saying, in a way. Our dr explained it to me in more detail but she lost me about two sentences into it. :confused3

It seems like the causes/ explanations are getting more confusing, instead of getting narrowed down, huh?

Very interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

Children with Autism do not have true ADHD but ADHD like behavior that seems common in these kids. Having grown up misdiagnosed with ADD instead of bipolar I suspect it is that their own condition makes it hard to sit still and pay attention more than it is they actually have ADD. For example if you feel compelled to touch things because you are on sensory overload how could you possibly pay attention to what the teacher is saying or your parent is saying. Just my 2 cents on the whole issue.

My daughter for example likes to hide under her desk when she is upset at school. This can easily be misconstrued as she is too hyper to remain seated. That is clearly not the case for her. She needs to just hide under the desk until she calms down. I told my ex to tell her teacher if it is not morally or physically dangerous do not beat her over about it. Just remind her she needs to be in her chair gently or ask her if she needs a few minutes in the hallway to clear her mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter