I gave up on codes and joined AAA. Got a great deal!

NvrBnToWDW

Mouseketeer
Like everyone else, I've been obsessed with these General codes coming out. Well, I called Disney and got a room only quote before I joined AAA. They told me 7 nights at Pop would be $664 w/tax. That's a rate of $84 night as opposed to $99, what I originally was paying. So I gave in and joined AAA for $49 a year. We really needed it anyway, my DH is famous for locking the keys in the car. Well, I printed out my temp cards and call Disney to apply to my ressie and the total was only $656 ($8 less than they quoted me the day before). That's a rate of $83 per night. I also got the new Mousesavers newsletter and used the link to order discount tickets. So here is my total savings:

7 nights @ POP + 3 adult (7 day) base tickets + 1 child (7 day) base ticket=

AAA Package Quote: $1474
Disney MYW Package Quote: $1593.27

My Plan: Disney Room-only with AAA discount: $656
Ticketmania with Mousesavers discount: $749
______
TOTAL $1405

Total savings: $69 cheaper than AAA MYW Package
$188 cheaper than Disney MYW Package
:cheer2: :bounce: :cool1: :Pinkbounc

Way to be thrifty!! :cool1: Doesn't it feel good to save $!! I am a bargain shopper too.

Would you mind telling what type of tickets you are getting for that price? I got the link for the discounted tickets from the mousesavers newsletter, but I have not priced them out yet. Thanks!

Take your AAA card everywhere. There are all sorts of discounts that you would not even think about. As an example, I was at discount outlet. My friend saw the AAA sign. So, we enquired and got a whole brochure with different discounts. I saved $300 in one day! (including 33% at Polo)
Last summer we also went to universal. Show the card every time you buy any food and save %10. It really added up.
I'm sure others have a lot of different examples - anyone care to share?

tippytoe said:
Would you mind telling what type of tickets you are getting for that price? I got the link for the discounted tickets from the mousesavers newsletter, but I have not priced them out yet. Thanks!

I went to the link from the mousesavers newsletter and bought 3 (ages 10+) and 1 (ages -10) 7-day base tickets. We didn't get any add-ons. The total was $749. I was going to buy them from Disney for $757. I saved only $8, but hey that's a whole burger at WDW! :rotfl:
They give you free shipping and this price includes tax.

I also have been hoping for general room codes for our June 8th-15th trip. I've been watching the boards probably too much! lol I finally gave up and went through the SOG overflow program. I ended up getting Port Orleans Riverside for $94 a night plus tax. This is pretty good isn't it?

I do believe that is a good deal. I have ressies at SOG Thanksgiving week....we stayed there in Jan. too for 7 nights. Once a few years ago..we got Poly at the same rate as SOG just we had to pay tax. That was the best deal.

Denise

I have been a AAA member for years and i have saved plenty. I too called WDW and got a room only ressie for the same price of $84.00 a nite at POP. I was going to wait until if any general codes come out, but I think after seeing all the commercials and ads that they may not offer them. I was given the number of a AA agent in SC to do my new ressie, but I will hold out unitl April to see if there is any changes and then make a whole new ressie.

We just joined AAA too! So far, we've - -

Saved about $120.00 on our WDW package.

Saved 15% on our hotel room going down & coming back

Saved 15% on the Family Magic Tour

:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter