I got a dilemma!

JCTigger

All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit o
Sorta.... Heres the situation when I first enrolled in college my major was technical theatre (i go to community college) but I hated the department head hes a complete jerk so I switched majors and Ive been regretting it ever since... I love theatre and Ive been dreaming of doing tech theatre in a broadway stage since I was pretty young... My dilemma I still hate the department head... but the major I switched to I have a little over a year left on my degree before I transfer to a 4yr school... however Ive been thinking more and more about wanting to go back to theatre (and I doesnt help when I go see musicals and plays and such which is what really brought all this thought on I saw Phantom of the Opera yesturday) I mean I have already started the program I have a few credits towards and I think my folks would prob shoot me I changed majors again but they really dont have to find out until graduation kinda... unless they i get mail at home from school like my sememster schedual or my marks or something.... I'm just kinda confused as to what to do and would love some input....

Thanks for listening to me ramble!!!

If you're planning on transferring to a 4-year school, I would worry most about fulfilling gen ed reqs for that school (if you've got one in mind); ones you know will transfer. Work with advisors at both schools to make sure you'll be keeping as many credits as possible.

If you work on your gen eds now, and get them complete except for any upper div requirements you'll have to do at the 4-year school, you can probably get back into a theater tech program there regardless of what your A.A. or A.S. is, and then you won't have to deal with the department head.

Still, my boss likes to say that the most important thing you learn in college is how to deal with *******s, so you might take that into consideration as well.

What is your current major? Is it at all related to technical theater? I agree with the above poster that you should worry most about getting the requirements you need for your four year school. When you get there, you can specialize a little more in what you want.

If you are currently doing something that has *nothing* to do with technical theater, and it will make it difficult to go back to it when you get to a 4-year school, then I would recommend switching back. It's only the department head (that doesn't mean you have to take classes with him, right???), and it's only one year-- you can make it through-- I've had plenty of profs I didn't like, adn you just work through it, and eventually you can leave (it's a lot nicer than having a boss you don't like, when you don't know when you can leave!!)

DisneyGirl said:
What is your current major? Is it at all related to technical theater? I agree with the above poster that you should worry most about getting the requirements you need for your four year school. When you get there, you can specialize a little more in what you want.
QUOTE]

My current major is history... so not really related to tech theatre at all.. I have all my gen eds cept like one or two which im taking this summer... I have decided to switch back to theatre i dont think he teaches any of the classes for tech theatre.. when I first enrolled in the program they didnt have any tech classes so i had to take like acting classes and such.. and Haney taught pretty much all of them.. i think him and I not getting along has to do with the "actors vs. tech crew" rivalry thats gone on as long as theatre has... I hope to be able to break into the theatre club at school i guess its a pretty tight knit group I was in it when I first started out so hopefully it wont be that bad....I think im making the right decision :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter