• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

i got a double upgrade and ended up in a GV

treehugnmama

<font color=blue>I am soo excited i just have a pr
A GV! We stayed at owk for 6 days then we moved on to VB for another 5 and came back to Kidani for one night because we had an early flight out. It was a special trip we had my parents with us for the first time and my dad is in kidney failure so it was extra special.
So we get to Kidani at 4:30 I had done online check in everyone was tired (especially my kids) and I waited and waited in line to get to the front to be told sorry your online check in isn't here. But the good news is you have been upgraded to a savannah view...yeah! I booked a 2 bed standard.
We took our overnight bags to the room got changed and went to go to the pool and the phone rang. A pipe had burst in a 2 bed sv and they needed our room and they wanted to upgrade us to a grand villa WELL my 7 year old who already would rather skip a year than stay in a studio was in heaven lol. She liked that she got her own room. I couldn't believe how big it was....but I must say the view in the 2 bed was far better that the GV. They were both SV. Had I used all those points I would have been mighty disapointed of the view..BUT i didn't so I was totally thrilled as I will probably never stay in one again....too bad we had to be up and to the airport at 7 am. I still can't believe the size.
Just another thing I noticed was the supplies in the kitchen were extremley limited. In the two bed at owk and VB we had a kettle and nice frying pans and cookie sheet etc....we had none of that...not that I cared just an observation. Is there anyway they could have a gv that they use for such purposes only and they borrow supplies from it?

So I guess upgrades do happen on points as long as a pipe burst and your stay is for less than 14 hrs.

Wow! Congratulations! We stayed in a GV at SSR this past July and loved it. I would love to stay in one at AKL :)

we loved the studios....till we stayed in a one bedroom and we got spoiled in a one bed now this trip no one wanted to sleep on the pull out so we either go back to a studio at OKW where we each get to share a bed or we do a 2 bedroom. No I know why people own 1000 points lol I want to stay in a GV all the time...no way I am going back to a stusio now! too bad my trip would onlu be 2 nights in value season:rotfl2:

Wow, that is quite an upgrade. I assume it was a Kidani GV? What did you not like about the view? We are going in a two weeks and are staying in one for 4 nights. Was it just the location of the one you were in?

We can't wait.....but I hope the view is good! It's a lot of points.

the view...I know we were in room 7859 but I am not sure what Savanah that is on. the room we left had zebras and giraffe when we got to the gv the balcony was hug it was awesome but you had to walk to the end and look around the corner to get the sv we left. (it was a corner room) when you looked out it was very little savannah it just ended it had a gravel road through it and not much savannah at all and it was a fence. I would have thought the higher up the room category the better the view but not so in this case. it was also really far from the lobby/pool area. When we have stayed in the past I have made the room request of close to the lobby then I get the savannah we like too (forgot the name) but with only staying one night I didn't care. The room was amazing though....I loved the dining room table, the balcony was amazing the size of it, the extra exit/entrance upstairs was great too.

Very happy for you! Great story.

We stayed in a Grand Villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge about 2 years ago and my six year old daughter still talks about it! It was very dreamy. And yes -- huge! I couldn't believe the size. Ours, however, also had a fantastic view. So I suppose they have them in various locations. Wish I could remember our room number, but I don't. Just remember that the villa itself was very special.

And we too are spoiled for the one bedrooms! My daughter really loves them.

the view...I know we were in room 7859 but I am not sure what Savanah that is on. the room we left had zebras and giraffe when we got to the gv the balcony was hug it was awesome but you had to walk to the end and look around the corner to get the sv we left. (it was a corner room) when you looked out it was very little savannah it just ended it had a gravel road through it and not much savannah at all and it was a fence. I would have thought the higher up the room category the better the view but not so in this case. it was also really far from the lobby/pool area. When we have stayed in the past I have made the room request of close to the lobby then I get the savannah we like too (forgot the name) but with only staying one night I didn't care. The room was amazing though....I loved the dining room table, the balcony was amazing the size of it, the extra exit/entrance upstairs was great too.

Well we requested close to the lobby, if possible, b/c one member of our party is coming off knee surgery. However, I know we might not get the request. It sounds like you were at the way end, and in your case you obviously were not going to complain about the views. I think, with the amount of points it's costing, if we only had a partial savannah view I'd complain.

We'll worry about that if we have to, for now we're really excited. One more question, how was the master bath? I have not been able to find pics of the bathroom that show the whole room, I just found one that showed a TV sort of propped on top of what looked like a dresser?

Congratulations on the upgrade.

You should have had the cookie sheets and frying pans, but the kettle is something you can request from housekeeping. If you are ever so lucky to stay in a GV again the list should be on the door of one of the kitchen cabinets and you can request replacements for the missing items. And you can request optional items like a tea kettle and blender.

i checked for the list ...no list.

The master bath was nice it had a soaker tub with a tv scross from it and it also had the stand alone glass shower and the toilet was in a seperate little spot. The tiles behind the tub of lion king were great! I took pictures but I don't know how to up load them...if you p, me i can email them to you.

7859 is one of the two standard grand villas located on the Pembe savanna. The reason it is a standard view is because of the bad savanna views. Did you get any pics?

How fantastic for you, even one night is better than none!

I've found that the Kidani kitchens are not as well appointed as the kitchens in older resorts. OKW, SSR, BWV & the BCV seem to have more pots and pans and kitchen accesories than Kidani.

well that makes sense. they told me it was a sv but it clearly wasn't

i have picture I can email them to someone if they wantt hem but I don't know how to post them.

I havent stayed in a GV, but we did stay at the THV @SSR and that was our favorite. very roomy :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter