I got bit in OKW......

KAR3600

DVC Member since 1996 - Cruising is the best part!
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else.....but, I got got bit by a little tiny brown moth on my leg 3xs in the same spot, and boy did it hurt :rotfl2: . I didn't know moth's bite :earseek: ?!?. I have been back for 5 days and the marks are still there! Does anyone know what kind of bug attacked me? Did anyone experience the same thing?

Maybe it was an "Add-On" bug?

Those SOB's can bite hard!

Most moths don't bite. Gypsy moths do bite but usually go for the neck and arms. Are you sure it was a moth? If it was really painful, it could have been a deer fly. Really small (1/8"), could have been a black fly.

Those OKW bugs are killer. This is why so many take tennis rackets for their stays (work better on the OKW bugs then a regular fly swatter). Just one other reason why not to stay at this resort. After all - you or your children could be the next victim of these monsters. So for your family's safety please book somewhere else.

Flame Protection Disclaimer: post inspired by 'OKW is awful...' thread on community board. :)

JimFitz said:
Maybe it was an "Add-On" bug? Those SOB's can bite hard!
----------------------
20.gif
----------------------

I didn't know that moths bit, either! My DH was bit several times on the leg by "no-see-ums", some really tiny, but vicious, bugs. He had about 8 bites, and they alternated hurting and itching like crazy. I'm sure he was bit when we were sitting at OKW's HH on a bench near the foliage. The bites lasted about a week, too, definitely more sinister than our Michigan bugs(OK, the deer and black flies here are pretty relentless) :blush:

The Florida tropics have all kinds of interesting bugs. Sorry to hear that one got you. A few years back my dad "flicked" a bug on the pool surface at OKW. Don't know what it was but he had a painful swollen reaction on his finger/hand for the rest of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter