I guess this means deployment is near......

live4christp1

DIS Veteran
.......no orders for DH yet but this weekend at drill they were given a list of items to bring next month. Identification, marriage license, dependent info, living will, mortgage/lease info, family readiness plan (I think that's what it said).......etc. Said JAG would be on hand to assist. They have been told November of next year and now they are hearing August but no direct orders as of yet. One of the other units based at the same armory left Saturday afternoon.....some of DH's unit got pulled or volunteered to go with that group.

This doesn't mean deployment is right around the corner. It's about unit and family readiness. Every so often military has to update family paperwork and finiancial stuff. The unit wants to make sure each soldier has their stuff together military, family and finiancially. The more prepared and ready get starting now the less stress it will be later on everyone as a whole.

This doesn't mean deployment is right around the corner. It's about unit and family readiness. Every so often military has to update family paperwork and finiancial stuff. The unit wants to make sure each soldier has their stuff together military, family and finiancially. The more prepared and ready get starting now the less stress it will be later on everyone as a whole.

Thanks Tina! Do you know if there is a place on line that gives some info on filling out a family readiness plan......if that's even what it's called.

Thanks!
Cristy

Thanks Tina! Do you know if there is a place on line that gives some info on filling out a family readiness plan......if that's even what it's called.

Thanks!
Cristy

this website should be of some help to you

https://www.myarmyonesource.com/FamilyProgramsandServices/DeploymentReadiness/default.aspx

essentially, what the family plan is how the children are going to be taken care of. You will fill out where you kids will stay through any deployment, obviously you, and that you have a backup plan should something happen to you, think car accident or hospitalization. You can appoint a very temporary Power of Attorney to someone so in case of emergency your children would be in that person's care. In the state of TN, if you don't have that paperwork, the children can be put in the custody of the state until something in writing gets worked out.

All this and more will be spelled out in upcoming meetings with your husband's unit of course but the website should be of help also.

this website should be of some help to you

https://www.myarmyonesource.com/FamilyProgramsandServices/DeploymentReadiness/default.aspx

essentially, what the family plan is how the children are going to be taken care of. You will fill out where you kids will stay through any deployment, obviously you, and that you have a backup plan should something happen to you, think car accident or hospitalization. You can appoint a very temporary Power of Attorney to someone so in case of emergency your children would be in that person's care. In the state of TN, if you don't have that paperwork, the children can be put in the custody of the state until something in writing gets worked out.

All this and more will be spelled out in upcoming meetings with your husband's unit of course but the website should be of help also.

Thanks!:goodvibes

SRP ( Soldier Readiness Processing) is a normal drill period-normally done at a drill around either the beginning of the fical year or the holidays-it is an ANNUAL event not tied to a deployment schedule-Tina's description of the hows and whys is very accurate except-if you are not dual military and you are capable of caring for your children when your husband is deployed you will not be required to produce a family care plan-that only applies to single parents and dual military couples or soldiers whos wives also require care in their absense-for guard soldiers anyway.
If the unit is going to or is on the ARFORGEN plan-about 9 months forward-maybe more they get a warning order-that doesnt mean they are going to deploy just that they are being warned to perpare. If they are actually going to deploy-about 6 months forward they will get an alert order-meaning you are now pretty much going and get ready-about 3 months forward the orders start to come-that is the process for larger guard units-for smaller ones the time may shrink a bit-and for a brigade sized element that time telescopes to about 18 months-Tennesse wont deploy a BDE sized element soon-they are in the dwell period from the last one. And before a unit can get a warn O the state governor and adjutant general have to accept National Guard Bureaus request to take a mission. Bottom line-rumors are just rumors til the Warning order comes down and this is just a standard procedure.

SRP ( Soldier Readiness Processing) is a normal drill period-normally done at a drill around either the beginning of the fical year or the holidays-it is an ANNUAL event not tied to a deployment schedule-Tina's description of the hows and whys is very accurate except-if you are not dual military and you are capable of caring for your children when your husband is deployed you will not be required to produce a family care plan-that only applies to single parents and dual military couples or soldiers whos wives also require care in their absense-for guard soldiers anyway.
If the unit is going to or is on the ARFORGEN plan-about 9 months forward-maybe more they get a warning order-that doesnt mean they are going to deploy just that they are being warned to perpare. If they are actually going to deploy-about 6 months forward they will get an alert order-meaning you are now pretty much going and get ready-about 3 months forward the orders start to come-that is the process for larger guard units-for smaller ones the time may shrink a bit-and for a brigade sized element that time telescopes to about 18 months-Tennesse wont deploy a BDE sized element soon-they are in the dwell period from the last one. And before a unit can get a warn O the state governor and adjutant general have to accept National Guard Bureaus request to take a mission. Bottom line-rumors are just rumors til the Warning order comes down and this is just a standard procedure.

Thanks!

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/weekend-986816-national-state.html

There were a lot of DH's unit pulled to go with the 278th that headed out for this weekend......3,000+.

My boss is long time ARNG (over 20 years). He is a CWO now. He said they are preparing DH's unit and they are scheduled to go. This years drill training included 5 weeks of annual training in preparation for what is anticipated. Usually it's a two week annual training. They also have lots of 3 day drills this coming year, they usually only have a couple. They are being told the mission they are slated to do is go in and shut down a FOB.

i would say they probably have a warning order then-although generally the unit is told that-when they get an alert order it usually triggers a formal dod press release.

:grouphug:

I think the waiting is the hardest part... once mine left it was like a huge weight fell off of me and I was okay. It is weird to describe - but that is how I felt.

It's been about 7 months now and we are on the downslope - it will still be a few more months, but I have made it past the half-way point. Psychologically, that helps a lot.

Just wanted to send some (((HUGS))) your way!

:grouphug:

I think the waiting is the hardest part... once mine left it was like a huge weight fell off of me and I was okay. It is weird to describe - but that is how I felt.

It's been about 7 months now and we are on the downslope - it will still be a few more months, but I have made it past the half-way point. Psychologically, that helps a lot.

Just wanted to send some (((HUGS))) your way!

Thanks! That's kind of what my boss said, he's National Guard too. He went to Desert Storm way back when and he said it all happened so fast.....like 5 days after they were notified they were on their way to train/prep. He said now it's kind of like you have this time frame out there so there is this stress (he calls it waiting for the other shoe to fall) in waiting for the actual date.

this is how hubby's unit started. Then shortly after the familys were all invited to a yellow ribbon event for a weekend. And I learned a LOT from that. Am greatful for that. He will be leaving next within the month. IT really seems to have crept up on me.

op: I hope he doesn't have to be deployed

ginna74 - just wanted to send a :grouphug: to you too!

I hope that you DH's deployment goes by quickly...

ginna74 - just wanted to send a :grouphug: to you too!

I hope that you DH's deployment goes by quickly...

Thank you so much :hug: it has really snook up on us. We all did those paper link things that countdown the day till he gets back and it is strung up on the walls. I don't believe the day is almost here...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter