I Had a Magical Weekend and Was Not Even IN Disney World

Mickey7811

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to tell everyone about the weekend I had.
On Friday our community held the Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society. It was a magical weekend celebrating Cancer survivors and honoring the people that have lost the battle to cancer.

Our small community Relay raised $133,000. Our goal was $110,000 so you can imagine how thrilled we were.

It was such fun to see the community come together. There were hundreds of people dancing on the field at one point - doing the "Booty Call" - never saw that before. I am from the Electric Slide generation.

We had games for the kids and we feed the more then 800 people from morning to night and everything was free.

If anyone ever gets a chance to join in a Relay for Life they should do it. It is a wonderful experience and great fun.

Thanks again to all the Pin Traders that helped with my pin raffle. It is people that like you that make something like this so successful.

Again I was thinking next year perhaps an overnight pin meet at the Relay. And our team could be called "Pin Trading for Cancer".

Something to think about.

Darlene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter