I had a problem with the Sept USAIR offer

KrisRob

Earning My Ears
We were all excited because this seemed like a great offer!?!

Did anyone else run into problems? Our family size: Dad, Mom & 5 kids (ages 13,9,8,5 &2). After reading thru both the Dream Unlimited Travel site & US Air site I figured our family could possibiliy be considered 3 adults/3 kids/1 infant. (Since 13 yr old is considered an adult for park ticket & Airfare prices.) I figured that we would just have to pay for the extra plane seat for 2 yr old.

We wanted to stay at FW cabins (I even called to confirm that 2 & under ARE considered infants so we are within room # limits).

I called Dreams and was told that according to their contracts we couldn't stay in the cabins, to many people (even after I explained I confirmed that we would be okay). They could only offer places like villas. When I asked what those rates were I was told that it goes by the # of people, not the # of nights. Does this make any sense to anyone??

It doesn't look like we will be going down after all. Any suggestions?

Best of luck with all your planning.

I can tell you that ALL of the villas have a flat rate. You can get a discount sometimes, or even save by renting points from a DVC member. There are no extra charges for more people (even adults) in the room. You are subject to occupancy limitations, so you would need a 2-bedroom unit there. They are very expensive though!!! I think they are around $400 and up/night.

Also, if memory serves me right, you are the right size for the cabins as well. I am sure they accomodate 6 plus a child under 3, which is what you have. I would check w/DU again; because I don't think they are right on this one.

I am not familiar with the us air offer you are reffering to, so I cannot really comment on it. I don't know if you have to book a package through DU or not??? If you do, you can try this:
Just book the room yourself w/CRO. You can then transfer it to DU if you really need to use them. I did that last year, and it was VERY easy. Just call CRO and book the room as you normally would, and then let DU know you want to transfer your CRO ressie to them. You have to pay your deposit to CRO first which you can do by credit card over the phone befor they can transfer it. The only problem w/this is, I am not sure if they can turn it into a package or not. So this may or may not work.

Again, best of luck to you :)

According to everything I have read, the Wilderness Cabins will only accommodate six people. I haven't been able to find anything in my sources about six people and an infant in a crib.

The reason why the pricing for the villas depends on the number of people is because you are purchasing a package. The package does not have a "nightly rate" like a room-only reservation.

You are correct in thinking that you, your spouse and oldest child will qualify as adults, therefore leaving your next three children as free with this promotion. You would have to purchase a ticket for the baby.

You might also want to check into connecting rooms at the Value or Moderate resorts. This may be less expensive than one of the villas.

Good Luck!

How about getting a value or moderate resort with 2 rooms? Request connecting rooms.

You would need a 2 bedroom at the villas - 4 is the max for 1 bedrooms. Maybe that is what they were trying to say.

We stayed in the FW cabins with our family of 7. One was an infant. No sneaking. It was all official. I have seen it in print that the cabins accomodate 6 plus an infant.

I am sorry it is not working out like you thought it would. From what I've read about that USA promotion, you are pretty much booking a package. 99% of the time packages are more expensive then booking everything yourself. The USAir ones also seems VERY restrive to me. In theory it looks wonderful, but it probably wouldn't work for everyone, and as you are seeing it's not working for you (yet anyway).

That said, my suggestion is to have Dreams unlimited price it out completely with the USAir package--, asking for their cheapest rate/package. Then ask the to give you the cheapest rate not using the USAir package, and lastly price it all out individually yourself, piece by piece seeking the cheapest methods. Yes it will be some work, but I personally would be very surprized if the USAir package comes in with the lowest ticker price

I wish you luck.

I am reading the Official 2001 Disney Travel Industry reference guide and it states:Homes and cabins at FW accomodate 6 guests plus one child under age 3 in a crib.

Have you considered have DU price you out 2 rooms at the All Stars? You can get rooms nect to each other (I'm not sure if they can be connected or not). Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter