I hate bubble wands

I understand why the kids love them, but I do wish that the grown ups would exercise and teach consideration toward others while their kids play with the bubble toys. For those of us with respiratory issues, vision problems, contact lens issues, allergies, skin sensitivities, etc., sometimes it can be a non-stop dance trying to avoid the bubbles in the face, up the nose, in the eyes. When the parents see me flinching and waving the bubbles away and think that it's funny? Not magical at all.

It's Disneyland not an enclosed place like a movie theater, so I don't mind them. We bought one for our oldest, haven't taken it back because bubbles ran out, but I have seen Disneyland sells the refills now will be taking it back to Disneyland. I am careful for my kids not to blow it on near the outside seating of restaurants because soap + food is a nono. I wear glasses and yeah, I have gotten them wet from other kids, but I do realize I'm at Disney...to be honest, there are other things adults do that are more upsetting at Disney than kids blowing bubbles.

I'd rather not be shot/hit with anything. That includes soap bubbles, balloons and glitter. I like all of those things, but I don't like being a target of them.

They're cute, and I love seeing kids playing with them..... out in the open away from me and my expensive prescription glasses and camera lenses.
Yes! Out in the open. And away from me.

By the end of the week I was devising plots against the bubbles. Plot #1: Start a rumor that bubbles are destroying the ozone layer and contributing to global warming. Plot #2: Purchase my own bubble wand and search out the walls of bubbles in the parks. Then stand directly in front of the parents of the bubbling children and assault them with my own wall of bubbles. Luckily I realized that I was veering into madness with Plot #2, and I dialed back the bubble rage. :)

Yes! Out in the open. And away from me.

By the end of the week I was devising plots against the bubbles. Plot #1: Start a rumor that bubbles are destroying the ozone layer and contributing to global warming. Plot #2: Purchase my own bubble wand and search out the walls of bubbles in the parks. Then stand directly in front of the parents of the bubbling children and assault them with my own wall of bubbles. Luckily I realized that I was veering into madness with Plot #2, and I dialed back the bubble rage. :)

This is literally the only plausible solution. I say go for it! :rotfl:

I'm on the bubble loving bandwagon! We need a buble emoji :D My youngest got more happiness out of the bubble wand on our last trip than he did riding many of the rides. It was a great way for everyone in our fam to enjoy the parks. Now he's older and a bit braver....but still loves bubbles.

I love the look of the bubbles, and don't mind them when they are not landing on me. My kids have never asked for a bubble wand, thank goodness! The only time I got annoyed by bubbles on our trip last week is when they landed on my Pumpkin Spice Churro!! NO BUBBLES ON MY CHURRO PLEASE!!!!

I will admit that I also hate the bubble wands with a passion. I hate them getting on me, in my face or hair or on my food. Yuck. That being said I don't think the bubble wands are going anywhere. :(

my kids bought them with their own money. I felt bad every time they turned them on. I kept saying "no one wants bubbles up their noses!" and all the other adults and kids would say "we do! Let them have fun!" and play in the bubbles. I felt like such a party pooper.

It's Disneyland not an enclosed place like a movie theater, so I don't mind them. We bought one for our oldest, haven't taken it back because bubbles ran out, but I have seen Disneyland sells the refills now will be taking it back to Disneyland. I am careful for my kids not to blow it on near the outside seating of restaurants because soap + food is a nono. I wear glasses and yeah, I have gotten them wet from other kids, but I do realize I'm at Disney...to be honest, there are other things adults do that are more upsetting at Disney than kids blowing bubbles.

You can refill the bubble containers with your own bubbles from any store. That is what we've done with these and the guns we used to have.

I'm fine with the bubbles.
What I can't handle is the spray fans.
I don't like getting wet especially when I'm not in control of it and adults and kids alike seem to spray them like everyone should be thanking them for getting them wet. an adult was just spraying it up in the air once and got my glasses all water spotted and that drives me nuts.

I think they are cute and DD11 bought one with her own money to bring home with her. But, OMG, use some discretion parents! There was one little tyke who was running up and down the aisles between the tables at Jolly Holiday, blowing bubbles into our grilled cheese and tomato soup while her parents sat eating several tables away seemingly oblivious. When the finally noticed and called her over and took the wand, she had a temper tantrum until they gave it back to her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter