I have an iris!! (Updated with pics)

Rajah

DIS Veteran
Do y'all remember those iris bulbs I planted last year, not expecting much out of them since iris don't do too well down here?

Well, I looked at the flower bed this morning and noticed I had a couple of iris buds!! Only one stalk (lots of leaves out there, but just the one stalk), but it has 2 buds on it! Then when I went outside to get a closer look, I saw a fully opened bearded iris near the ground!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I'll have to get a picture this evening! :D

:Pinkbounc I have irises at my house also and like seeing them everyday. Can't wait to see a picture also.

Love to see a pic of your irises. You are way ahead of us:sunny: we just had a few daffys open up today.

Yeah for you!!::yes::
Please share a pic, when you can! :D

Sorry it took so long for me to get these. :)

These two buds didn't last very long at all. 3, 4 days max I would say. But considering I'm surprised they bloomed at all, I guess that's okay. This was their second year -- do the blooms usually not last very long on their first couple of years, or am I just lucky to have gotten any blooms at all?

Anyway, here are two pics of the iris. Another one has bloomed from a different stalk right behind these two. These are gone now, but the other one was still doing well yesterday. Same color. :)

iris1.jpg

iris2.jpg

What a lovely sight! That color is very soft and soothing.

I love iris, Rajah. I just wish they'd last longer also....

Thanks for the pics! Something to look forward to in my neck of the woods in a month or so.....

They look lovely, Tammi, thank you! :)

I don't have any iris, so I'm afraid I don't have an answer to your question. Sorry about that......:o

Beautiful irises. Lovely lavender color. Ahh spring flowers are so beautiful. Keep the pics coming you're at least a month ahead of us in bloom time :flower2:

Can't wait to see irises blooming here. Maybe this season I'll get to see Gina2000's that she sent me awhile back. They're looking great so far.:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter