I have bought all my....

Janice

Super Shopper
Toiletries, Firstaid stuff, Flight Socks, but am in a panic about forgetting stuff.

Because we have always had a car and gone shopping for all this stuff as soon as we arrive, I am just hoping I haven't forgotten the most important stuff!!!

Money - tickets - passport all done.

Park Passes - Disney Club Card - Leave a Legacy Card all done.

Note pad and pen - endless list of instructions from DH!

what else????? Anyone got a fail proof list I can check on LOL??

Oh --- and I am just sooooooooooo excited.

My first trip for longer than 2 days without my husband in 30 years! I dont know whether I am excited or scared - perhaps a little bit of both :D :D :D

I bet you've thought of everything but here's a few just in case:

travel sickness tablets, paracetamol, travel plug, camcorder/camera plus film, tea bags or favourite food you can't get out there, make up and jewellery (yes, it's a girl thing), addresses for postcards, insurance documents, washing powder or tablets, the kitchen sink ... not forgetting a photo of your hubby!

Have a wonderful time and we look forward to hearing all about it when you're back!

Bottle opener for the wine.

Spare suitcase for all the presents you are going to bring home for your good friends. Know what I mean Janice baby?

Ear plugs. I have heard that Shirley snores badly. :-) (I'm not taking a risk here as her computer is down. At least I hope it still is!)

T-shirt with 'Brit girls on tour' on it.

Cheers

Kev

<font size="4">Signor Stringer!!</font> I do not snore :o Honestly :rolleyes: A girl can't turn her back for five minutes around here.
I'd leave your camera at home if I were you Janice......... it's superfluous to requirements!

...... I see no sunblock, sunglasses or sun <font size="4">HAT!!</font> on that list JW!

Do you all see what I am prepared to put up with for the sake of Mickey?? :rolleyes:

I have Sunblock (Anti wrinkle actually) - Sunglasses already packed :cool:

Its just the hat I have a problemo with????? I dont usually wear one, I mean one has to have some standards surely??

Love the idea of the T Shirt Kevin Baby - might just look into that possibility :D :D :D

Now Janice, get yourself to the first store on Main Street (that shouldn't be hard!) and choose yourself a nice hat - i think a minnie ears baseball hat might be just your style??

actually, I also never wear a hat - but I do like a visor to keep the sun out of my eyes - and they look extremely naff - let's face it, this is WDW, it's hardly the fashion capital of the universe! there will be people with Goofy ears and everything wandering around :-)

Bev

Actually Bev - your dead right! I dont think I should worry really LOL LOL

Cripes! Caught by the snoring moderator. Just when I thought I was safe!

Maybe change the t-shirt to 'DIS babes on tour'.

Kev

LOL Kevin, it's not safe anywhere is it - spys are all around! ;)

Hi Janice :wave:

Just on the subject of hats - I am also a person who never usually wears a hat, I just hate them, squashed hair etc! ;) BUT on our trip to WDW in May I ended up buying a baseball type cap as I found that standing in the queues my head was getting VERY HOT, and I was not prepared to ruin my holiday for the sake of looking less immaculate! On our November trip I didn't wear it as the weather was a lot cooler, but I would definitely recommend one for May, it is so much hotter - it's just not worth risking it is it? Now my lecture is over I will resume to my usual dippy self! ;)

Well you clinched it now Mazzy - first stop, Hat Shop! LOL

Bec more or less talked me round when she pointed out that there will be people walking around in hats with Goofy ears - who is going to take any notice of me!?? LOL LOL

And of course, I am a good girl and do as I am told! LOL (being scared of Shirley helps too ROFLMHO) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

There's a good girl Janice, just do what us Mum's tell you! ;)

You just made me think that there are other things I would wear in WDW but nowhere else, I haven't worn a WDW t-shirt since our trip in Nov 2000, just don't have the guts to wear it unless I'm in WDW! Is it just me or do other folks have Disney tshirts gathering dust until the next trip? :D

:rolleyes: ......can't a girl turn her back for five minutes around here? You aren't going to wear Goofy Ears are you Janice :eek: ? Er........ there goes my (Main) Street Cred :D !
Just for the record (!!), I never ever wear hats except in hot sun and since caps look awful on me too, I wear straw, brimmed hats in WDW.
In fact, I've accumulated several as I buy them out there, bring them back and put them in a cupboard! However, I've just had a trying on session - I felt this was necessary precaution as herself is armed with a digital camera :rolleyes: ........ but I can't decide which one to take!
I'll never be ready, I'll never be ready! So much to do so little time :D :D :D

Do I detect a soupcon of excitement on this thread? ;)

I have three lists - one for documents and info, one for clothes, and one for everything else (like plasters, painkillers, sunglasses, camera, etc). The document one is more or less the same for each trip, so I keep it permanently in the pocket of the handy wallet Virgin gave me one trip along with our Passports, park passes, any currency left over from the last trip and our annual travel insurance policy. As we get extra things (like flight tickets, special event tickets such as MNSSHP, etc) I pop them into the wallet and then just check them off against the list before we go. Here's what's on my documents list:

Passports
Driving licences
Travel insurance policy
Flight tickets
Park passes
Special event tickets
Currency/travellers' cheques/credit cards
Car hire info/coupon
Virgin Flying Club membership card
Hotel and villa reservation information
A Brit's Guide to Orlando and WDW
Itinerary (I forgot this one year - BIG mistake!) which includes PS ressie numbers, park hours, handy telephone numbers, etc).

hi

does anyone know if you need to take the paper part of the uk driving licence with you to USA or will just the part with the photo on be sufficient?

cheers

neil

Thanks everyone for the tips - I can confidently say that I have everything ready now and am rarin' to go. <b>EVEN MY WDW PASS Shirley!</b> (We wont even go there folks! ;) will we Shirley?)
LOL

Neil - I think I recall someone saying that you need both parts of the new driving licence - so I would take it just to be on the safe side :)

Originally posted by Janice

Neil - I think I recall someone saying that you need both parts of the new driving licence - so I would take it just to be on the safe side :)

thanks janice - have to remember the "safe" place i left them in !!

have a great holiday, btw

:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter