• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have never been to the boardwalk. What am I missing?

neonurse

Hidden Mickeys Everywhere!
I would like to hear what others think of the boardwalk. I have never been there. 6 trips and not once have we been there. Too much to do I guess. Tell me what you do at the boardwalk. I am staying off site. Where do I park?
tia;)

There are a few resteraunts on the boardwalk and you can rent those bicycles for families. We typically stay at Beach Club and enjoy taking a walk over to Boardwalk in the evening and getting a coffee and sitting at an outdoor table and relaxing and enjoying the view. If you time it correctly you can see the fireworks at Epcot and MK while sitting there. They also have some vaudeville type acts performing on the Boardwalk which are cute to watch for a minutes. We love the atmosphere there but that said I wouldn't go too out of my way for it since your staying off property. You can park at the Boardwalk Hotel, just tell them you are visiting the Boardwalk.

Thanks Lynn:thumbsup2
We are only going to Disney 1 day this trip:sad1:since we were just there in March. But I need to get some more disney time so I was thinking of things to do outside of the parks. We are doing universal and seaworld this trip. It will be a first for our family. Thanks so much!:goodvibes

We only visit the Boardwalk if we are staying at Swan/Dolphin. Otherwise, for us, it doesn't warrant a special trip there but it is fun.

All I can say is GO, GO, GO.... We had been several times to Disney World and never even realized where or what it was . Then one afternoon, we were walking around the lake at Epcot and decided to take a the International Gateway walkway and see what was there....after 5 minutes, we were in a totaly different world, peaceful and beautiful. The next year we purchased DVC. Don't miss Beaches and Cream at Beach Club, great desserts and usually great burgers :)

:thumbsup2Thanks everyone! I am looking forward to doing a bit more site seeing. Probably check out the holiday decorations at the hotels too!

The Boardwalk is fun,fun,fun! I love the atmosphere, the performers are entertaining..Love the balancing plates on sticks guy!! Great ice cream at Beaches and Cream, Baked goods and coffee at the Bakery. I would say it's worth a trip over if you have time. I forgot to mention just sitting at a bench by Cresent lake and taking in the sights is pretty special too! :)

I love the boardwalk! Dh and I had CS dinner in Epcot last trip, and walked over to Boardwalk after. We had an ice cream, went shopping, and watched Illuminations in the distance, and saw a few street performers. Then we hit up some bar with pianos ( I think there was a 10 dollar cover) and had a drink.

It was a great quiet evening very relaxing. This trip we are planning an evening at that same piano bar ( can't remember the name) after our ressie at Kouzinna.

HTH !

I love the boardwalk! Dh and I had CS dinner in Epcot last trip, and walked over to Boardwalk after. We had an ice cream, went shopping, and watched Illuminations in the distance, and saw a few street performers. Then we hit up some bar with pianos ( I think there was a 10 dollar cover) and had a drink.

It was a great quiet evening very relaxing. This trip we are planning an evening at that same piano bar ( can't remember the name) after our ressie at Kouzinna.

HTH !

Jellyrolls...very cool place!

The Boardwalk is fun,fun,fun! I love the atmosphere, the performers are entertaining..Love the balancing plates on sticks guy!! Great ice cream at Beaches and Cream, Baked goods and coffee at the Bakery. I would say it's worth a trip over if you have time. I forgot to mention just sitting at a bench by Cresent lake and taking in the sights is pretty special too! :)

Would it be better to go in the afternoon or evening to see the performers on the boardwalk?

I've always gone in the evening and had a good time, I don't know about daytime?? I like to stay at the Boardwalk but i'm usually not there in the daytime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter